U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 AM

3,283 posts, read 3,123,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Please enlighten us on why you think she is a "joke"....
in this video below she demonstrates clearly how little she understands of the republican platform. i would've responded that tougher regulation like in europe and sarbanes/ox have proved to have flaws too ie dexia, fortis, northern rock, b&b etc. so john mccain isn't for tougher regulation except where govt sponsored enterprises are concerned ie fan and fred. also they need to revise the dems community re-investment act which led to this crisis etc etc the video below is what she should've said

YouTube - Palin To 'Get Back' To Couric About McCain And Regulations

how she coul've answered:

Bloomberg News

obviously you didn't see the couric interview. i think the tone of your response clearly defines what is wrong with this country. you're a republican as am i. the key difference is that you will vote gop no matter who or what they put in front of you. i won't. if they put a clown in front of me i vote elsewhere.

i haven't decided who my vote of no confidence in the system goes to. baldwin, nader or barr?!

YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
I don't think it will hurt her political career, if their ticket doesn't get elected. I do think eventually she will run for the Senate. Also remember that Quayle was called names and treated just like Sarah Palin before He and Bush won the election. I have yet decided who I think can take care of the American people...truly take care of them. Politicians are gamblers, they can anti and anti, raising the stakes without having a winning hand and come out smelling like a rose.
did you see the couric interview?

Old 10-05-2008, 01:55 AM

3,309 posts, read 3,663,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
i think she was a poorly thought out choice and i find it quite disrespectful to the country that Mccain can put such an ignorant candidate forward. if he really wanted a woman and a conservative at that why didn't he go for rep. Bachmann? at least she has an understanding of the economy.

...living near the forgotten part of russia doesn't count as foreign policy experience. sorry
Because Obama exhibits such an extensive foreign policy resume himself, doesn't he? Never been to Iraq (Palin has), never sat down with major leaders (Palin has). You liberals spin in circles.

Your candidate is the BIGGEST joke this country has ever seen. Its amazing why any people in the right mindset are voting for someone with no credentials besides his gazebo in Southside Chicago.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:59 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,643,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Because Obama exhibits such an extensive foreign policy resume himself, doesn't he? Never been to Iraq (Palin has), never sat down with major leaders (Palin has). You liberals spin in circles.

Your candidate is the BIGGEST joke this country has ever seen. Its amazing why any people in the right mindset are voting for someone with no credentials besides his gazebo in Southside Chicago.

I think the country has already seen and the polls have reflected who are the bigger jokes, McBush and Bush with lipstick, especially Bush with lipstick.

Last edited by person; 10-05-2008 at 02:08 AM..

Old 10-05-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Get used to Sarah, she is a brilliant shinning star of the future, light years ahead of the males in the contest. Men are so afraid of a strong woman, they are still 100 years behind time.
this lady is the real deal, as you saw when she destroyed the windbag Biden, and left him crying....
Get over your macho, she can out man you every day and run the country too..
obviously another person who hasn't seen the couric interview. if you bothered to read the op you would've seen that i pointed out another FEMALE gop member who would be more suitable for the role. palin is way way out of her depth. she knows less about foreign policy and the economy than me and i don't consider myself in any way qualified to run the country.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:11 AM

4,983 posts, read 5,322,791 times
Palin can't answer anything unless she has the approval of McCain, and so far, they haven't given her any real answers. I can't see how she can live with this.
Maybe the thought of being VP is so enticing to her, she doesn't care. So much for her personal pride.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:13 AM

4,983 posts, read 5,322,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
obviously another person who hasn't seen the couric interview. if you bothered to read the op you would've seen that i pointed out another FEMALE gop member who would be more suitable for the role. palin is way way out of her depth. she knows less about foreign policy and the economy than me and i don't consider myself in any way qualified to run the country.

I agree. The interviews tell it all. Palin talks and talks and says nothing.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
There is nothing there, regardless if how much Obama's operatives want it to look like. Palin didn't fire Monagan, and Monagan said that "Palin's administration never told him to fire the trooper." Since this guy is he principal witness, the case is pretty much over. Something else, French, the Democract and Obama's campaign donator who spearheaded the investigation along some Republicans, had no Constitutional right (AK Constitution) to start such an investigation. The speaker does. Some of the Republicans who aligned themselves with French are the same that opposed her when she ran for governor.

Finally, the governor hires the person she is accused of firing, and can fire that person if he or she fells like doing so, wihthout having to explain why.
guilty or not i don't care. what concerns me is her ignorance on the economy and foreign policy. when voting for a candidate i prefer to know their position on the issues. personally i don't consider gay marriage, abortion, religion etc to be issues that the president or vice should be concerning themselves with.
what is important is where they stand on the economy, foreign policy, environment, patriot act etc. unlike some people, i'm just not prepared to wait for palin to form an opinion when she reaches office. she needs to know the facts and have an opinion now so that i can judge whether i believe she is suitable.
no way in hell will she get my vote

Old 10-05-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Your opinion is irrelevant, considering she was brought to the ticket to ignite the base, which she has done.

She wasn't picked to sway dem/lib voters. Although the dem "bubba" votes in appalacha will find her appealing.

That is afterall one of the criteria in choosing a VP - to bring a state or a segment of the electorate - she does both.

another one who didn't see the couric interview!

Old 10-05-2008, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Again, to the Obamites here: why are you whining so much about Palin? According to your posts, McCain and Palin already lost. Why can't you leave this woman and her family alone when it's over for her?
why don't people leave palin alone? are you kidding? she's happens to be running for the forth most powerful position in america. if she can't take the little heat she's getting from a few people then she shouldn't be running.
i'm not voting obama either though he is better equipped to run the country i just don't agree with his policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections