Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 02:29 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,722 times

Advertisements

i think she was a poorly thought out choice and i find it quite disrespectful to the country that Mccain can put such an ignorant candidate forward. if he really wanted a woman and a conservative at that why didn't he go for rep. Bachmann? at least she has an understanding of the economy.

...living near the forgotten part of russia doesn't count as foreign policy experience. sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 02:31 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
i think she was a poorly thought out choice and i find it quite disrespectful to the country that Mccain can put such an ignorant candidate forward. if he really wanted a woman and a conservative at that why didn't he go for rep. Bachmann? at least she has an understanding of the economy.

...living near the forgotten part of russia doesn't count as foreign policy experience. sorry

Please enlighten us on why you think she is a "joke"....

Old 10-04-2008, 02:32 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
living near the forgotten part of russia doesn't count as foreign policy experience. sorry
...And NObama doesnt even have anything close to that....

Old 10-04-2008, 02:41 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post

McCain showed everyone a couple of weeks ago that he doesn’t have a clue about the economy.
He wanted someone that would take the attention away from him and hopefully no one would notice how out of touch he really is. It worked for his koolaid drinking base, but it isn’t working so good for the voters he really needs to win.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:43 PM

365 posts, read 525,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Please enlighten us on why you think she is a "joke"....
You are joking right? You don't really need to be enlighten - do you? OMG! This is worse than the economy "if you don't get it already!"

Old 10-04-2008, 02:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
She was a gamble, McCain just didnt check the calendar and realistically appraise how long she could stay shiny and new - and quiet.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:50 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times
They kept trying to compare how similar Palin is to Obama in experience, but smart ppl know Palin is nothing when compared to Obama. Especially from the debates, we can tell Palin is a world away from Obama in terms of intellect. And ppl often forget that running a campaign takes skills too. And Obama is doing pretty good with it.
Palin, on the other hand, needs 6 colleges in 6 years to finish a degree.

Old 10-04-2008, 02:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
IMHO, I think this campaign will hurt her political career. While she was hiding quietly in Alaska, she could have moved up the ranks slowly without a lot of national attention & criticism. When she runs again for governor or if she wants to serve in the Senate or even run for President or Vice President, people will remember the Gibson and Couric interviews, the winking and the blunders. I mean, Dan Quayle was much more educated (he was a lawyer) served in the National Guard and then in Congress, yet most people remember him as the VP who couldn't spell potato.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:03 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,451,995 times
I don't think it will hurt her political career, if their ticket doesn't get elected. I do think eventually she will run for the Senate. Also remember that Quayle was called names and treated just like Sarah Palin before He and Bush won the election. I have yet decided who I think can take care of the American people...truly take care of them. Politicians are gamblers, they can anti and anti, raising the stakes without having a winning hand and come out smelling like a rose.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:06 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
I don't think it will hurt her political career, if their ticket doesn't get elected.
Do you think that the ethics investigation in Alaska that she is currently refusing to cooperate with could hurt her political career?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections