Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:45 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times

Advertisements

obamas man Joe Biden lied to all of us! Caught on live TV!

Joe Biden's 14 Lies

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
I don't get how everyone can support Obama for what he stands for, then still support him when he changed his mind on everything. Everything including, Bush tax cuts, his own tax program, entitlements, nuke power, drilling for oil. If he changed his mind on everything, then wouldn't you think his supporters would then not support him. It goes to show you that left wing wacko allegiance is blind to the facts. You could put Hitler up there are they would vote for him.

I am serious about this. I am not voting for Obama or McCain, as I don't think either one is qualified or what we need. This question has nothing to do with anything but Obama and his supporters. Please explain why you can still support him after he changed his opinion on MAJOR issues, THIS YEAR. Does this mean that you all changed your minds right along with him? Does this mean that it doesn't matter what the facts are, but you will agree to anything he says? Are you follower drones? What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 04:47 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
I am an original Hillary supporter who now supports Obama. I was undecided at one point but made up my mind when John McCain decided to select Palin as his VP candidate because he thought women were stupid enough to vote for him because of it. That showed me that McCain doesn't care for his country as much as he says he does.

As far as Obama, I do not agree with sitting down with ANY leader of any country as he states he will. So there is one thing I don't agree with, so now you cannot say that an Obama supporter will not say anything against him.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:47 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
That post up^there(#5) is probably the most nonsensical one I've read on this forum to date.
Spoken like a demo... Get smart, vote McCain/Palin '08

Old 10-04-2008, 04:48 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post

Joe Biden's 14 Lies

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.

Funny how the media ignores his lies.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:49 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am an original Hillary supporter who now supports Obama. I was undecided at one point but made up my mind when John McCain decided to select Palin as his VP candidate because he thought women were stupid to vote for him because of it. That showed me that McCain doesn't care for his country as much as he says he does.

As far as Obama, I do not agree with sitting down with ANY leader of any country as he states he will. So there is one thing I don't agree with, so now you cannot say that an Obama supporter will not say anything against him.
It's OK, you don't need to fear a strong woman. She won't hurt you if you play nice, vote Republican, and keep your zipper up...
so many men fear a strong woman.....

Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post

This is good. No candidate is 100% right. Now what about him wanting to actually drill for oil and his wanting to build nuclear power plants and his wanting to keep the Bush tax cuts? These are 180 degress different than what got him the nomination.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
For your reading pleasure check out some of Palin's lies....
FactCheck.org: FactChecking Biden-Palin Debate

Old 10-04-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
It's OK, you don't need to fear a strong woman. She won't hurt you if you play nice, vote Republican, and keep your zipper up...
What are you talking about? Hillary is a strong woman.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
This is good. No candidate is 100% right. Now what about him wanting to actually drill for oil and his wanting to build nuclear power plants and his wanting to keep the Bush tax cuts? These are 180 degress different than what got him the nomination.
I have always been for drilling.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post

I am a guy and I really respect strong and confident women. I truly think the reason why some hate Sarah so much is they hate a strong "traditional" woman. You can only be a strong woman if you are like the woman on the left, according to the Dems. The left is afraid of a woman on the right showing the way. God forbid a woman from the right gets to the whitehouse before a woman from the left. That would screw them all up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections