U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 04:52 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,321,939 times

Advertisements

I don't share your thoughts on the economy and to say we'll be on soup lines soon is rediculous. Worry more about Russia, China, Iran, North Korea...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 05:11 PM

4,716 posts, read 4,945,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Voted for Kerry, voting for McCain primarily to prevent one party from controlling everything. After seeing the mess with Republicans being in control of Presidency and Legislature, I don't want that scenario again. I seriously doubt that the Democrats will be able to behave any better if they have complete control.
Hey! Now that's a logical answer! There is something to be said for the situation in the 90's with president Clinton and a Republican Congress. However, the last 7-8 years have been so skewed to the right, I think four years of the opposite will be OK. Actually, the next four years are likely to be rough for the economy no matter who is in charge, so whoever is in charge will get blamed and probably lose ground in 2012.

It is time for real wages to start ticking up again. I think that is unlikely to happen under a McCain administration. His capacity for compromise seems to have gone out the window, and his hunger for war scares the crap out of me.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:19 PM

5,973 posts, read 3,703,633 times
I voted for Gore and Kerry. I am a strong Hillary supporter but will vote for McCain. Obama is a far-left extremist that I believe would ruin this country far more than Bush!

Old 10-05-2008, 05:28 PM

4,716 posts, read 4,945,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I voted for Gore and Kerry. I am a strong Hillary supporter but will vote for McCain. Obama is a far-left extremist that I believe would ruin this country far more than Bush!
I don't believe you.

The only way for someone to support Gore, Kerry, Clinton - and then McCain over Obama, is to suspend all logic and common sense. This far-left extremist notion is not supported by any facts, only suspicion and internet-generated rumor and lies. If you are switching from Hillary to Obama, you do not care about any issues, or you do not care to vote for a black guy. It's that simple.

You are either lying, or...

Old 10-05-2008, 05:33 PM

8,575 posts, read 2,405,915 times
you do realize that obama is a war mongering candidate as well don't you? did he not support the global poverty act? or in layman's terms, the global give money to military dictatorships around the world so they can oppress their own people and insight hatred towards america that will be unleashed at a later date. the CIA calls it blow back. we supported and gave money to osama as well. how did that investment work out for us? the second you give dime one to a foreign country, you can be considered a war mongering person. it doesn't have to be on TV 24-7. it's the unseen wars that scare the crap out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Hey! Now that's a logical answer! There is something to be said for the situation in the 90's with president Clinton and a Republican Congress. However, the last 7-8 years have been so skewed to the right, I think four years of the opposite will be OK. Actually, the next four years are likely to be rough for the economy no matter who is in charge, so whoever is in charge will get blamed and probably lose ground in 2012.

It is time for real wages to start ticking up again. I think that is unlikely to happen under a McCain administration. His capacity for compromise seems to have gone out the window, and his hunger for war scares the crap out of me.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 PM

173 posts, read 167,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Women don't belong in politics, they belong in the home.
.. yes .. PALIN toooooo

Old 10-05-2008, 06:02 PM

2,838 posts, read 2,672,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I don't share your thoughts on the economy and to say we'll be on soup lines soon is rediculous. Worry more about Russia, China, Iran, North Korea...
It does not matter whether you share my thoughts or not, did you know here are small towns of tents from homeless people that were gainfully employed a year ago, thousands are living in there cars. Food stamp programs need an address if Im not mistaken. States are out of money, school funding is a joke. What part of the economy do you find fundamentally sound? There is no category doing well, even the rich are less rich. There were very rich people even during the great depression, but the middle and poor class are getting annihilated. Why do I need to care about Russia, Iran, North Korea, when I need to worry about the USA. They don't have to do anything, we have defeated ourselves.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:07 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,415,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I was just wondering if all the people planning on voting for McCain also voted for Bush. Has McCain managed to convince any Kerry or Gore voters to go for his agenda/ideas? If he has convinced you (Kerry and/or Gore voter), tell us why. Just curious...

Yes I voted for Kerry but going with Mccain

I disdain Pelosi and Reid and thus want some balance of power. I do not want Pelosi nor Reids vile claws touching anything .

Find Obama very smart but one party rule I find very bad .

Old 10-05-2008, 06:11 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,415,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post

I am voting for Mccain also but due to balance of power.

However I find Obama smart type of person that could run a business and do well but now add Pelosi and Reid as managers and the business would have been better off torched .

Bush is no better so don't misconstrue what I mean but the balance of power is essential with Pelosi and Reid crawling around the inventory.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:38 AM
NCN

14,087 posts, read 12,524,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
You remind me of when I was in JR high, when people had to vote for the cheerleaders. There was no good reason to vote for them, some of the less attractive ones had a little more talen, but you remind me of the folks who voted for the most popular. You dont vote for the most qualified.
Hope that means that McCain is going to win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections