Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:33 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,765,353 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if all the people planning on voting for McCain also voted for Bush. Has McCain managed to convince any Kerry or Gore voters to go for his agenda/ideas? If he has convinced you (Kerry and/or Gore voter), tell us why. Just curious...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 04:35 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,556,035 times
I like the fact that he's a veteran, and that's about it. Were I to choose between a veteran and a non-veteran, I'd prefer the veteran. But then he had to select a WOMAN as a running mate.

Bad idea.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:35 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,386,623 times
I am a Gore voter now going to the Constitution Party.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:53 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,835,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I like the fact that he's a veteran, and that's about it. Were I to choose between a veteran and a non-veteran, I'd prefer the veteran. But then he had to select a WOMAN as a running mate.

Bad idea.
another man who's manhood is threatened by a strong woman..... Don't be afraid, vote McCain/Palin or watch Obama destroy our country...

Old 10-04-2008, 05:04 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,556,035 times
Strong women? Or "*****"

Women don't belong in politics, they belong in the home.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:11 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,542,728 times
I voted for Gore, but I am voting for McCain this time. I have also changed my political party. My husband and daughter are both voting for McCain too and they are both still Democrats. Our son is the little Republican in the family, so he probably voted for Bush. My husband is a Vietnam vet and does not like Obama's attitude and lack of patriotism. My daughter was a Hillary supporter. My son was in Desert Storm. We believe in America and want to see it stay free. Obama doesn't seem to be big on freedom.

Women belong any place they want to be.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I voted for Gore, but I am voting for McCain this time. I have also changed my political party. My husband and daughter are both voting for McCain too and they are both still Democrats. Our son is the little Republican in the family, so he probably voted for Bush. My husband is a Vietnam vet and does not like Obama's attitude and lack of patriotism. My daughter was a Hillary supporter. My son was in Desert Storm. We believe in America and want to see it stay free. Obama doesn't seem to be big on freedom.

Women belong any place they want to be.
Obviously, your family doesn't vote on the issues or policy stances. The way you vote, and the way your family votes, is why our candidates spend so much time developing these simplistic jingoistic phrases that tear at people's emotions while saying virtually nothing about issues and policy.

Can you name a single non-emotional reason to switch from voting for Gore to McCain? How about for why your daughter could possibly go from Hillary to McCain (if that is actually what she'll do alone in the booth)?

Obama doesn't seem to be big on freedom? What does that actually mean?

Old 10-05-2008, 07:36 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,386,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Obviously, your family doesn't vote on the issues or policy stances.

It actually seems like they do. It is great when people cross over party lines to vote. The party system is what is wrong with our country. Why should Democrats have to vote for an anti-American, terrorist loving, ultra left wing person that is going to destroy our country, just because he is a Democrat? Congratulations to those who know enough not to vote for the street corner organizer.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
It actually seems like they do. It is great when people cross over party lines to vote. The party system is what is wrong with our country. Why should Democrats have to vote for an anti-American, terrorist loving, ultra left wing person that is going to destroy our country, just because he is a Democrat? Congratulations to those who know enough not to vote for the street corner organizer.
Another emotion voter. Great.

Get er done!
Yer with us or against us!
Terrorist!
Freedom!
Maverick!
Patriotism!
Lapel Pin!
Change!
Baby killer!
Uniter!
Decider!
War!
God!
Earmarks!
Pork!
Values!
9-11!

"Reading is the basics of all learning" - G.W. Bush

Old 10-05-2008, 07:55 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,944,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Strong women? Or "*****"

Women don't belong in politics, they belong in the home.
I guess you just can't win, can ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections