Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 AM
NCN

21,657 posts, read 25,493,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I'm sorry you have been scared by Obama, but let's break down your list and see if he's really the "freedom hater" in the room...

1. Freedom of Speech: Bush and (by association and voting record) McCain completely decimated our freedoms like this with the Patriot Act, and other similar legislation. No president in history has done more to erode freedom of speech than the current Bush administration, with the help of McCain who has voted with them 90% of the time and will continue down this path.

On the side of freedom: Obama

2. Freedom of Religion: Perhaps the worst religious persecution in this country in 100 years has been during this administration. Religious hate crimes increased dramatically. Profiling. Civil rights violated by the government for people with affiliation to Islam (and ignorantly even other religions, like Hindu). Again, McCain is more of the same.

3. Freedom of a Baby to Live: McCain voted AGAINST expanding guaranteed health insurance coverage for children. Obama voted FOR it. Babies live when they have health care, we can all agree on that. If you are wanting to go down the other road, you're argument is countered by the freedom of women to choose. So either way...

4. Freedom to bear arms: Although McCain has certainly voted for some gun control, I'll grant you that Obama is probably on the side of restricting access to certain firearms.

On the side of freedom: McCain

So, there you have it -- on 3 out of 4 issues, Obama = MORE FREEDOM.

Sorry but when I am the one voting, I am the one that gets to decide who is more for freedom and I choose McCain/Palin. You're wrong, wrong, wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 09:08 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,971,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I like the fact that he's a veteran, and that's about it. Were I to choose between a veteran and a non-veteran, I'd prefer the veteran. But then he had to select a WOMAN as a running mate.

Bad idea.
Are you SERIOUS? I mean, I think Sarah Palin is about as qualified as a garden slug but you are saying that it's a bad idea because she's a WOMAN???
And you're supporting mcCain simply because he's a veteran???????????????

I hope there aren't many more voters like you out there.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
He is not big on freedom of speech, he is not big on freedom of religion, he is not big on freedom of a baby to live, he is not big on the right to bear arms.
This is bull****. Where do you get this stuff? You can't just MAKE STUFF UP and call it fact. But then maybe you're taking your cues from the McCain/Palin campaign...

Old 10-06-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor92 View Post
mind. I do think Obama's tax plan would be better for the economy, though I trust McCain far more in foreign affairs.
I trust Obama waaay more on both issues. Particularly foreign policy. McCain is too much of a trigger-happy, hawk and makes snap judgements.
I believe Obama will be much more successful at restoring the United States' credibility throughout the world.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Strong women? Or "*****"

Women don't belong in politics, they belong in the home.
if this is not a joke, you are revealing yourself as a pathetic human being.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
I am a Gore voter now going to the Constitution Party.
How are the Republicans the "constitution party"??? This is the party of illegally spying on Americans, detaining citizens without cause for indefinite periods of time, lying to the American people to engage us in an endless war...??? Your statement makes no sense to me.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I voted for democrats since McGovern
MCCain will be the first repub I have ever voted for.
I am voting for him because I think he will reform Washington.
Obama?? Good greif
he is a hack, poor and simple.
how the hell is someone who has been PART OF the "system" for decades going to suddenly "reform" it??? Because Sarah Palin says they will? This is insane!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
I am voting McCain.......I just don't trust Obama........He reminds me of the cliche, "if something sounds to good to be true, it probably is"
That is a reeeeally bad reason to choose a candidate. How about looking into their positions and learning what they stand for??? You can't just go by a hunch or a "feeling"!!!
this is so crazy.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,021,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
I am a Gore voter now going to the Constitution Party.
I can fully understand you switching partys like that,but it's a wasted vote at this point in history.Maybe 20 years down the road(if we are lucky) it will be a deciding vote....It's as if we have a choice between the lesser of two evils anymore and it leaves a lot of us with nobody to vote for and really truly fall in behind.I'm not a big Obama fan and feel as if he has many views(immigration for one) that do not match mine,but my GOD,look at the alternative.McCain is almost as arrogant and stupid as Bush...His state might as well have a welcome sign at the border,he wants to continue wallowing in Iraq (I'll bet Halliburton is pushing their employees to vote for him in a rabid sort of way)....He's Bush's best bud until he needs the distance and I would vote for an illegal immigrant for POTUS against him and that's a crying shame to have to say that.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:22 AM

1,302 posts, read 3,295,771 times
Default Lmao

[quote=NCN;5549672]Obama doesn't seem to be big on freedom.
quote]

LOL...that's right, on his website he outlines his "freedom is so overrated" platform. Very interesting read.... Get's a great response at the rallies. LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections