U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:23 PM
 
25,367 posts, read 37,625,571 times
Reputation: 13286

Advertisements

What a huge difference...so much for the Dem. Obama and Biden who wants to give back to the people who really need it and take it from the people above $ 250 K....well they could at least showed how willing they were without government interference...and it shows!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:25 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 9,005,922 times
Reputation: 1879
I'm wondering how much McCain saved in taxes by giving 27.3%. You have to learn how to actually understand statistics. Warren Buffett said that his secretary paid more in taxes than he did. How is that possible, you ask? That the world's richest man paid less in taxes than his secretary, who makes $65,000/year? It's all about the "charity," pal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:26 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,047,453 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What a huge difference...so much for the Dem. Obama and Biden who wants to give back to the people who really need it and take it from the people above $ 250 K....well they could at least showed how willing they were without government interference...and it shows!!!
You are flailing helplessly. Biden makes less, I believe, and even if he didn't I don't care. Most charitable giving is for tax write off purposes.
I give NOTHING that I declare on my taxes.
The richer you are the more you can give and the more tax breaks you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I'm wondering how much McCain saved in taxes by giving 27.3%. You have to learn how to actually understand statistics. Warren Buffett said that his secretary paid more in taxes than he did. How is that possible, you ask? That the world's richest man paid less in taxes than his secretary, who makes $65,000/year? It's all about the "charity," pal.
The fact that Biden doesn't give speaks volumes. I give to charity and the amount I save on taxes does not come close to the amount I give.
If your wondering. I give to these:
ARC of wyoming county. Group homes for special needs people.
Autism research foundation.
Cure autism now(can) foundation.
My total is about 4g. I also donate a lot of time and effort to the ARC.
I don't need a pat on the back my daughter is autistic. Its what a good dad should do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:34 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,047,453 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The fact that Biden doesn't give speaks volumes. I give to charity and the amount I save on taxes does not come close to the amount I give.
If your wondering. I give to these:
ARC of wyoming county. Group homes for special needs people.
Autism research foundation.
Cure autism now(can) foundation.
My total is about 4g. I also donate a lot of time and effort to the ARC.
I don't need a pat on the back my daughter is autistic. Its what a good dad should do.
And that has what to do with what Biden gives?


PS: no disrespect meant but if you don't need a pat on the back...don't brag about it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:36 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,047,453 times
Reputation: 5929
Excuse me Moderator. This poster has started two threads on the same subject...please help them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And that has what to do with what Biden gives?


PS: no disrespect meant but if you don't need a pat on the back...don't brag about it.....
Not bragging about anything. But some folks automatically demand to know specifics. I gave a head of time. Thats the nature of this forum.
What it has to do with Biden. He is great about calling for others to give more, sacrifice for others but when its his turn???? He is out to lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:40 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 9,005,922 times
Reputation: 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not bragging about anything. But some folks automatically demand to know specifics. I gave a head of time. Thats the nature of this forum.
What it has to do with Biden. He is great about calling for others to give more, sacrifice for others but when its his turn???? He is out to lunch.
What makes you think John McCain gives more, in terms of sacrifice?

Oh, and btw: I heartily commend you for your charitable giving. Sincerely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:55 PM
 
12,635 posts, read 14,670,082 times
Reputation: 14180
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What a huge difference...so much for the Dem. Obama and Biden who wants to give back to the people who really need it and take it from the people above $ 250 K....well they could at least showed how willing they were without government interference...and it shows!!!
But bentlebee, they don't want to give to people with their OWN money...they want to use OURS! God forbid Obama send $20 to his brother in Kenya out of his own pocket. Now if he can get the American taxpayers to support his brother in Kenya, he'd probably be willing to help his brother out then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:58 PM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,278,239 times
Reputation: 478
McBush, the original millionaire gigolo who married for money is able to give more. Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top