Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Actually yes I do. And my lips are sealed. Ask Met about questioning my authenticity.

Obama will be exposed soon enough. Trust me on this.
Well, you better hope they've got their facts straight. Because if they don't, it's curtains for the Republicans.

Who's Met?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 11:49 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,195 times
Does anyone think the Maverick role is not working well for McCain? At first it seemed that it was but now it seems to just bring to light some of his questionable judgements and actions.

If he has any chance of turning this around, I think he needs to lay off the maverick thing and try to inspire some confidence by demonstrating more stability. He does fairly well in debates and with 2 more to go, he may be able to eke out a slight lead. I hope not, but it is definitely possible.

If he let's his campaign turn into a smear fest or does anything else that appears to come out of left field, I think he will lose.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:24 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Well, you better hope they've got their facts straight. Because if they don't, it's curtains for the Republicans.

Who's Met?
Remember she also said in a post in this thread she expects it to be a nail biter down to the wire. How big a story is it and will only righties consider it serious. Obama is sitting on some real right wing kook stuff o McCain which is a topic in another thread and Paul Baglia eluded to on CNN today. Baglia is the one who knows it and kept it out of his book. If Obama goes forward with it McCain can forget the Jewish vote and that means kiss Florida goodbye. The thread is the Obama October surprise thread.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Sure he can, it is a bit of an uphill battle at the moment but still can be won.

First off, the economic crisis has to be viewed by the public as resolved, at least in terms of current actions. The Republicans need to show the public how actions taken by Democrats significantly led to the current situation, in a way that the public finds to be clear and believable.

At that point, you pick your states and counties to try and sway voters, and go after it. McCain has to put together a brief and tight message, and stay on it. It needs to be something specific and clear, much like Gingrich did with The Contract with America in 1994.

I agree he can EASILY turn it around but don't think he will his campaign MNGR is terrible and it has been one mistake after another .

Old 10-05-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Remember she also said in a post in this thread she expects it to be a nail biter down to the wire. How big a story is it and will only righties consider it serious. Obama is sitting on some real right wing kook stuff o McCain which is a topic in another thread and Paul Baglia eluded to on CNN today. Baglia is the one who knows it and kept it out of his book. If Obama goes forward with it McCain can forget the Jewish vote and that means kiss Florida goodbye. The thread is the Obama October surprise thread.

Jewish vote is just one vote in Florida.
No one group here is that strong. No one group can change the states outcome .

If Obama has stuff on Mccain he would be insane not to use it and he is no fool thus suspect if so he will couple weeks before election which is when both camps swing with everything they have.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I agree he can EASILY turn it around but don't think he will his campaign MNGR is terrible and it has been one mistake after another .
He has usually had campaign issues at the national level. He has gone through managers like crazy and you may recall last spring or summer. I was a big fan of his in 2000 but he is no where near the candidate today he was then. I read a good article today and the whole off shore drilling campaign may come tumbling down as prices have. With a recession and prices down companies are not going to make the capital outlay and the money for startup operations aren't there.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Jewish vote is just one vote in Florida.
No one group here is that strong. No one group can put a Pres in office.

If Obama has stuff on Mccain he would be insane not to use it and he is no fool thus suspect if so he will couple weeks before election which is when both camps swing with everything they have.
But losing the support of a group that was split can make turn a tight race against you. If the final vote is within 1 percent and a group with a sizable percentage of the population votes against you and you lost guess wha?t. You do the math.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,676 times
Ever since 2000 and especially since 2006, McCain's so called moderate maverick stance has gone further right and in many cases totally flip flop. Ppl don't believe he is the maverick any more and with a nutjob Palin pick, that certainly sealed the deal.
The 90% Bush slogan thing certainly didn't help.

Overall, the maverick term has become a joke and only serves as reminder to what liars they are. Especially true when Palin is the one uttering it, we know how similarly corrupt, fundie nuttish and clownish she is to Bush; so when she says the word 'maverick', the image that pops up is liar + bush. Not very helpful for them.

If you look at the forums online, the talk ever since the first debate is how angry and rude McCain is, its seems the 2000 tactic that bush used against McCain is making a comeback, the angry mentally unstable McCain. I don't know whether it was true in 2000. but he certainly seems angry, reckless and mentally unstable in 2008.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
But losing the support of a group that was split can make turn a tight race against you. If the final vote is within 1 percent and a group with a sizable percentage of the population votes against you and you lost guess wha?t. You do the math.
Yes that is true

Old 10-05-2008, 04:38 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not supporting either candidate but I do not see how Mc Cain could possibly turn things around. Or if there is way, what exactly would he do? It appears to me that a lot of Mc Cain supporters are still living in denial. Do you think Mc Cain still have a chance? If so, what would he need to do to turn things around?
McCain's only viable option is to go negative.

He has to engage in character assassination against Obama and hurl as much mud and innuendo as possible.

He can't possibly contest Obama on the one single issue that is foremost in everyone's minds - the Economy... he'd lose in a landslide.

So he has decided to sell his soul and bury his honor and put out as many lies, innuendos and half-truths about Obama in the desperate hope that enough gullible people will believe it..

I think it's a unmistakeable sign of just how desperate the McCain campaign has become...

HubbleRules
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections