U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Status: "Content and Mellow" (set 24 days ago)
 
23,559 posts, read 18,962,861 times
Reputation: 5702
Politics | Revisiting McCain's Keating 5 history | Seattle Times Newspaper
At one time, John McCain said the worst thing that ever happened to him, Vietnam included, was the so-called Keating 5 scandal. "The Vietnamese," he would say, "didn't question my honor."

Lincoln's collapse, the biggest of many savings and loan failures, cost taxpayers $2.6 billion. Keating spent four years in jail, before his sentence was overturned on a technicality, and the Keating 5, as the senators came to be known, lived under an ethical cloud for years.


Isn't the public calling for the heads of those costing the tax payers money even if no laws were broken? Don't they want the greedy just for being greedy and thinking of their own gain and not Country First?
Nah no big thing at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:19 PM
 
8,241 posts, read 10,213,925 times
Reputation: 3550
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Wow, paying for an ad that means nothing.

McCain found NOT GUILTY.

Story over.

Now why would Obama go to being so low to do this when he knows McCain was cleared of any wrong doing.

Or is he grasping fro straws and will lie in this waste of money?
McCain ws accused of BAD JUDGMENT by the Senate Ethics Committee. Only Cindy's $$$ kept him out of worse trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:25 PM
 
3,761 posts, read 5,393,555 times
Reputation: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
LOL Now Obama can't claim he's running a "respectable" campaign. He fell right into the trap.
You can only push a good man so far. He has cahones, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Status: "Content and Mellow" (set 24 days ago)
 
23,559 posts, read 18,962,861 times
Reputation: 5702
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
McCain ws accused of BAD JUDGMENT by the Senate Ethics Committee. Only Cindy's $$$ kept him out of worse trouble.
Funny you should mention the family $$$$$
McCain fortune traced to organized crime
McCain fortune traced to organized crime
Mob figures later implicated in Arizona savings and loan scandal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 PM
 
1,545 posts, read 1,238,229 times
Reputation: 274
JOHN MCCAIN, NOT GUILTY!!!!

Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".



All five of the senators involved served out their terms. Only Glenn and McCain ran for re-election, and they were both re-elected.


Obama is desperate. That case was closed years ago. Obama's cases are still open to investigation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:37 PM
 
0 posts, read 254,797 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
JOHN MCCAIN, NOT GUILTY!!!!

Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".



All five of the senators involved served out their terms. Only Glenn and McCain ran for re-election, and they were both re-elected.


Obama is desperate.
So was Obama at eight years old guilty for domestic terrorism?

The stupidity from the right-wing just amuses me!

McCain went on vacations with the felon Charles Keating. McCain accepted campaign contributions in excess of $100,000 from Charles Keating. McCain was an enabler of Keating's illegal shenanigans, holding off regulators and delaying the day of reckoning and causing more innocent people to lose their life savings. McCain and Keating had close personal and business relationships for years.

Obama, on the other hand, was never personal friends with Ayers. Obama's only "business" dealings with Ayers were in connection with a charity working to improve education in Chicago. When Obama met Ayers, the man was a respected educator at the University of Illinois Chicago Circle, not a terrorist. Obama received a $200 campaign contribution from Ayers in a run for State Senate. Obama has NO ties whatsoever in any possible way with Ayers past. No one considers Ayers a threat today. Mayor Daley has praised the man.
Which association is a worse indictment of a presidential aspirant?



No question. It's Keating and McCain by a mile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:38 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 6,191,823 times
Reputation: 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
JOHN MCCAIN, NOT GUILTY!!!!

Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly but were criticized for having exercised "poor judgment".



All five of the senators involved served out their terms. Only Glenn and McCain ran for re-election, and they were both re-elected.


Obama is desperate. That case was closed years ago. Obama's cases are still open to investigation.
That's funny. When it's pointed out over and over again that Obama is NOT a terrorist, does not have ties to Ayers--and proof is provided--all of you McCain supporters refuse to acknowledge it. When the game comes back to bite you on the you-know-what, however, suddenly you're all crying FOUL!

Really funny. If it weren't so tragic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,214 posts, read 24,011,935 times
Reputation: 6982
Let it all come out. Obama can try the Keating Five, Mac has Rezko, Ayers, Wright, Pfleger and the rest of Obama's friends and terrorist sympathizers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,429 posts, read 15,776,369 times
Reputation: 5208
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Politics | Revisiting McCain's Keating 5 history | Seattle Times Newspaper
At one time, John McCain said the worst thing that ever happened to him, Vietnam included, was the so-called Keating 5 scandal. "The Vietnamese," he would say, "didn't question my honor."

Lincoln's collapse, the biggest of many savings and loan failures, cost taxpayers $2.6 billion. Keating spent four years in jail, before his sentence was overturned on a technicality, and the Keating 5, as the senators came to be known, lived under an ethical cloud for years.


Isn't the public calling for the heads of those costing the tax payers money even if no laws were broken? Don't they want the greedy just for being greedy and thinking of their own gain and not Country First?
Nah no big thing at all
This will prove to be a no traction issue, easily cancelled out by Obama mortgage "interest rate gift" and his property deal with Rezko.

Current finance problem attempted to be addressed by McCain, Hagel, Dole and Sununu, but blocked by Frank and Dodd. This is all going to get very clear over the next week or so.


New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae - New York Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 09:42 PM
 
7,352 posts, read 6,191,823 times
Reputation: 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Let it all come out. Obama can try the Keating Five, Mac has Rezko, Ayers, Wright, Pfleger and the rest of Obama's friends and terrorist sympathizers.
We shall see, sanrene. We shall see. You know less than you think you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top