U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2008, 11:40 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 5,355,055 times
Reputation: 1429

Advertisements

You first make a argument about "Experience" being whats important and then switch to "Change" and then word for word steal Obama/Biden slogans . . . . not to mention comparing Obama to Bush? And I havent even touched on Palin yet. I mean wow!

I truly believe, if one is a true Republican/Conservative they would share the views of Peggy Noonan, Mike Murphy and Kathleen Parker who have voiced thier distaste for the McCain/Palin ticket. If youre thrilled with the way McCain/Palin are handling their campaign that says a lot about yourself and youre so called values. You are not a true Republican/Conservative if you dont have some strong complaints about the way the campain is being run right now. Dont tell me youre a Christian supporting the McCain/Palin and ignore their immorality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-05-2008, 11:42 PM
 
Location: southern california
54,050 posts, read 70,858,755 times
Reputation: 45860
its not all about mccain and sarah (who by the way if very pretty)
its that the american people are fed up. 10 trillion in debt and an unwanted unnecessary war.
give them some credit. we need a better deal than that.
obama 08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 11:43 PM
 
2,765 posts, read 6,288,461 times
Reputation: 1440
I disagree, I think the problem is he's tried to be to nice. I expect that to change the rest of the way until it's time to vote. It's not the greatest run campaign I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst, and it's by far better than Nobama's. Nobama is leading polls because people are naive, not because he's running a great campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 11:43 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 20,627,354 times
Reputation: 23136
So should the McCain voters go over to that great right wing candidate, Obama? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 11:46 PM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,245,369 times
Reputation: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I disagree, I think the problem is he's tried to be to nice. I expect that to change the rest of the way until it's time to vote. It's not the greatest run campaign I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst, and it's by far better than Nobama's. Nobama is leading polls because people are naive, not because he's running a great campaign.
The more logical reasoning is McCain couldn't run a campaign, and is a poor candidate. But even if you insist its the ppl, its not ppl who support Obama are naive, most likely its the little McBush-ites are dumb, which makes sense, they voted for Bush twice.

Luckily, some of the Bush voters have seen the light, as GW Bush says: "fool me once, fool me twice, fool me once, you can't fool me again", but of course not all of them have seen the light, there still exist the extreme morons who would vote for a Bush III, that's why for McBush still exists.

Last edited by person; 10-05-2008 at 11:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2008, 11:51 PM
 
2,950 posts, read 5,355,055 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
So should the McCain voters go over to that great right wing candidate, Obama? LOL

has Peggy Noonan, Mike Murphy or Kathleen Parker done so?

palpably, thats not what i'm saying at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 12:19 AM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,498,266 times
Reputation: 1409
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I disagree, I think the problem is he's tried to be to nice. I expect that to change the rest of the way until it's time to vote. It's not the greatest run campaign I've ever seen, but certainly not the worst, and it's by far better than Nobama's. Nobama is leading polls because people are naive, not because he's running a great campaign.

You are so right on all accounts. McCain needed to be more direct and not so nicey nice. People in this country evidently are extremely naive, I hate to say stupid. They fell for the Obama set up hook, line and sinker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 12:33 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
7,129 posts, read 15,621,604 times
Reputation: 3390
The bigger question is this:

Is McCain even running his campaign anymore? He's absent for another weekend, while Palin is out there questioning his pullout from Michigan and throwing out the "palling' around with terrorists" smears. John McCain, at least the pre-Bush loving version, would have NEVER done that...

So yeah, bad tactics, poor campaign, and the resultant performance should be no suprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 AM
 
1,544 posts, read 1,798,924 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You are so right on all accounts. McCain needed to be more direct and not so nicey nice. People in this country evidently are extremely naive, I hate to say stupid. They fell for the Obama set up hook, line and sinker.
McCain needs to make outrageous promises.
He needs to stop being nice.
He also needs to lie and flip-flop positions.
He needs to promise the world to each and every American
He needs to say that he hates Bush and the current republican executive office
He needs to say that government will be reformed and will not have one single fingerprint of Bush in it.
He needs to say that he will give massive tax cuts to the middle class and will make them rich.
He needs to say that he will fund every program known to mankind be it the coal mining, energy, healthcare, education, science, gay, senior programs, etc. You name it, you got it. Money money money will be given to all the people and programs.
He needs to say the under his leadership, people will no longer worry about healthcare.
He needs to say that the economy will turn around and that the US will once again be the economic superpower.
He needs to say that once and for all illegal immigration will be solved.
He needs to say that he promises change to every American. Every American will own a home. Every American will have a car. Every American will have free healthcare.

McCain is a little shy at saying the above and more promises to the people. He just needs to be bold and blurt them all out and say it - truth or not.

There are many people in America that are overwhelmed with greed than common sense. Make that bait now.

Last edited by ShoppingCartLaw; 10-06-2008 at 12:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2008, 02:50 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 18,700,473 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You are so right on all accounts. McCain needed to be more direct and not so nicey nice. People in this country evidently are extremely naive, I hate to say stupid. They fell for the Obama set up hook, line and sinker.
You sound beaten, as if you are resigning yourself to the fact that Obama is going to take this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top