Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:03 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Sure newbie why not? You are new around here remember
So, the more I stick around, the more crap I'll believe???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/us...l?ref=politics
In the mid-1990s, the Alaskan Independence Party was experiencing a boom of sorts. A governor had been elected on its ticket in 1990, when the party was not even a decade old. And membership was swelling.mong the new recruits was Todd Palin, whose wife, Sarah, would later become governor of Alaska.

Alaska News, Jobs and Advertising from the Anchorage Daily News | Anchorage, Mat-Su Valley, Kenai Peninsula
Supreme Court won't block Troopergate inquiry: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
Thhe Alaska Supreme Court today rejected an attempt by a group of six Republican legislators to shut down the Legislature's investigation of Gov. Sarah Palin.he ruling means that Steve Branchflower, the investigator hired by the Legislative Council, will release his report as scheduled on Friday. Branchflower is looking into Palin's dismissal of her public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, and whether she improperly pressured him to fire a state trooper divorced from her sister.
I guess that's a yes from you...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:07 PM

425 posts, read 665,564 times
Default Is this deja vu?

From Drudge:

October 9, 2008
WASH TIMES Friday: Obama secretly tried to sway Iraqi government to ignore Bush deal on keeping troops in Iraq... Developing...

DRUDGE REPORT 2008®

I checked the Washington Times website and nothing there yet...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:12 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I guess that's a yes from you...
Nah I know how to research and believe me I do so I am able to discern what to believe and what not to based on research and in many cases empirical data.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
So, the more I stick around, the more crap I'll believe???
Depends on what else you are reading. If your sources are this forum you are in trouble. If you research and gather information from a number of traditional sources you can extrapolate that knowledge into informed opinions.

FiveThirtyEight.com: Electoral Projections Done Right: today's polls
'm short on time today, so let's keep this on point: John McCain is in deep trouble. In spite of some incremental gains that McCain has made in some of the national tracking polls, the set of state polling that follows is so strong for Obama that he continues to hit record marks in all three of our projection metrics. We are now projecting Obama to win the election 90.5 percent of the time, with an average of 346.8 electoral votes, and a 5.4-point margin in the national popular vote.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 PM

425 posts, read 665,564 times
It's Baaaack...

Quote:
Obama Tried to Sway Iraqis on Bush Deal

In private conversations on troop presence, candidate pitched delay

THE WASHINGTON TIMES
Friday, October 10, 2008

At the same time the Bush administration was negotiating a still elusive agreement to keep the U.S. military in Iraq, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama tried to convince Iraqi leaders in private conversations that the president shouldn't be allowed to enact the deal without congressional approval...

Washington Times - Obama tried to sway Iraqis on Bush deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections