Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:22 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I agree, too.

No matter how many times this connection--and Ayers-- is debunked, the rabid McCain supporters won't let it go. I guess it's really all they have at this point.
I dont know that they're McCain supporters so much as just plain anti-Obama (whatever elements within that appeal so strongly to them).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Barack Obama Never Organized with ACORN

Discredited Republican voter-suppression guru Ken Blackwell is attacking Barack Obama with naked lies about his supposed connection to ACORN.

Fact: Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.
Fact: Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.
Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.

In his capacity as an attorney, Barack represented ACORN in a successful lawsuit alongside the U.S. Department of Justice against the state of Illinois to force state compliance with a federal voting access law. For his work helping enforce the law, called “Motor Voter,” Barack received the IVI-IPO Legal Eagle Award in 1995.

SORRY TO DEBUNK YOUR SMEARS!

Fight the Smears: Barack Obama Never Organized with ACORN (http://fightthesmears.com/articles/20/acornrumor - broken link)
Of course 'bama has no connection with ACORN. Like any good politician, he has people to cover for him.

Quote:
Obama’s connection with Alinsky, whom he never met but whom he reportedly idolised, was through two bodies promoting the Alinsky model of community organisation, ACORN and the Gamaliel Foundation.
Quote:
A young lawyer, a community organizer himself, sued on behalf of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (Acorn) and won. The young lawyer was Barack Obama. Acorn later invited Obama to train its staff.
Quote:
Sen. Obama was trained by Chicago's Industrial Areas Foundation, founded in 1940 by the radical organizer Saul Alinsky. In the 1980s, Obama spent years as director of the Developing Communities Project, which operated using Alinsky's strategies, and was involved with two other Alinsky-oriented entities, Acorn and Project Vote.
Quote:
When Obama served on the board of the Woods Fund for Chicago with Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers, the Woods Fund frequently gave Acorn grants to fund its agenda and voter registration activities.
Again, I'd provide links but won't as I have done so in previous posts.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:

Discredited Republican voter-suppression guru Ken Blackwell is attacking Barack Obama with naked lies about his supposed connection to ACORN.
  1. Ken Blackwell has nothing to do with this. This association has been reported in a number of news sources on the web, at least as far back as last year sometime (which is when I first heard about it — It had probably been reported well before I ever learned of it, too).
  2. Ken Blackwell's integrety cannot be questioned, and your charge that he is a "discredited Republican voter-suppression guru" is simply untrue and slanderous. Prove it. Show me your sources.
  3. Fox News in a special report yesterday on the mortgage crisis, also reported on Obama's work with Acorn in their work to force banks to make loans to low income people in poor neighborhoods. In other words, his work with ACORN is well documented.
Quote:
False. He was. It is documented.
Quote:
Fact: Barack was never an ACORN trainer and never worked for ACORN in any other capacity.
I don't know if he was a trainer (how do you know about ACORN trainers ?)
Quote:
Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.
Project Vote is an organization run by ACORN! If Barak worked for Project Vote, he worked for ACORN

Quote:
In his capacity as an attorney, Barack represented ACORN in a successful lawsuit alongside the U.S. Department of Justice against the state of Illinois to force state compliance with a federal voting access law. For his work helping enforce the law, called “Motor Voter,” Barack received the IVI-IPO Legal Eagle Award in 1995.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:22 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
[list=1]

False. He was. It is documented.
This site provides a number of easy to use tools for providing citations, I suggest that you might use them.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I agree, too.

No matter how many times this connection--and Ayers-- is debunked, the rabid McCain supporters won't let it go. I guess it's really all they have at this point.
Problem is, it hasn't been debunked. His association with Ayers is well documented.

Ayers helped him get his political career started. Why, if there was no relationship.

This is all very well documented.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Of course 'bama has no connection with ACORN. Like any good politician, he has people to cover for him.

Again, I'd provide links but won't as I have done so in previous posts.
Please provide them again, so people do not have to search for them.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:31 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Ayers helped him get his political career started. Why, if there was no relationship.

This is all very well documented.
Yep, a meet and greet in a living room, a $200.00 donation. That there is some powerful stuff, you betcha!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 AM

Default The Many Faces of ACORN

The Many Faces of ACORN
385 Palmetto Street Housing
Fund Corporation
4415 San Jacinto Street Corporation
ACORN
Acorn 2004 Housing Development
Fund Corporation
Acorn 2005 Housing Development
FUND CORPORATION
ACORN Associates
ACORN Beneficial Association
ACORN BeverlyY LLC
ACORN Campaign Services
ACORN Campaign To Raise The
Minimum Wage
ACORN Center for Housing, Inc
ACORN Children’s Beneficial Association
ACORN Community Land Association
ACORN Community Land Association of IL.
ACORN Community Land Association of LA
ACORN Community Land Association of PA
ACORN Community Labor Organizing Center
ACORN Cultural Trust
ACORN Dumont-Snediker Housing
Development Fund Corporation
ACORN Fair Housing
ACORN Fund
ACORN Housing Corporation
ACORN Housing Corporation of IL
ACORN Housing Corporation of MO
ACORN Housing Corporation of PA
ACORN Institute
ACORN Law For Education, Representation,
And Training
ACORN Management Corporation
ACORN National Broadcasting Network
ACORN Services
ACORN Television In
Action For Communities
ACORN Tenant Union Training
And Organizing Project
ACORN Tenants Union
Affiliated Media Foundation Movement
Agape Broadcasting Foundation Inc
American Environmental Justice Project Inc
American Home Childcare Providers
Association
American Institute for Social Justice
Arizona ACORN Housing Corporation
Arkansas Broadcasting Foundation
Association for the Rights of Citizens Inc
Associated Regional Maintenance Systems
Austin Organizing and Support Center
Baltimore Organizing and Support Center
Boston Organizing and Support Center
Broad Street Corporation
California Community Network
Chicago Organizing and Support Center
Chief Organizer Fund
Child Care Providers for Action Franklin
Citizens Action Research Project
Citizens Campaign for Work,
Living Wage & Labor Peace
Citizens Consulting, Inc
Citizens Campaign for Finance Reform
Citizens for Future Progress
Colorado ACORN Housing Corporation
Crescent City Broadcasting Corporation
Desert Rose Homes LLC
Dumont Avenue Housing
Development Fund
Elysian Fields Corporation, Inc
Elysian Fields Partnership
Fifteenth Street Corporation
Floridians For All PAC
Franklin ACORN Housing
Greenville Community Charter School Inc
Greenwell Springs Corporation
Hospitality Hotel and Restaurant
Organizing Council (HOTROC)
Houston Organizing And Support Center
KABF Radio
KNON Radio
Labor Neighbor Research and Training
Center Inc
Living Wage Resource Center
Louisiana ACORN Fair Housing
Massachusetts ACORN Housing
Corporation
Metro Technical Institute
Missouri Tax Justice Research Project
Montana Radio Network
Mott Haven ACORN Housing
Development Fund Corporation
Mutual Housing Association of
New York Inc
National Center for Jobs & Justice
New Mexico Organizing and Support
Center
New Orleans Community Housing
Organization
New York ACORN Housing Company Inc
New York Agency for Community Affairs
Inc
New York Organizing and Support Center
Organizers Forum
Pennsylvania Institute for Community
Affairs
People’s Equipment Resource
Corporation
Phoenix Organizing And Support Center
Project Vote
SEIU Local 100
SEIU Local 880
Service Workers Action Team
Shreveport Community Television
Site Fighters
Sixth Avenue Corporation
Social Policy
Southern Training Center
St. Louis Organizing And Support Center
St. Louis Tax Reform Group
Student Minimum Wage Action Campaign
Texas ACORN Housing Corporation Inc
Wal-Mart Workers Association
Wal-Mart Association for Reform Now
Working Families Association

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Oh for heaven's sake ... why are you afraid to go to THEIR site ... don't worry, they don't bite.

ACORN: Home

I think the bottom line is that all these hate groups who go after ACORN are really afraid of poor black people having a little power with their votes.
I went to the their web site and there is nothing wrong with social activism! This is a free country, last I checked.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Fight the Smears: Barack Obama Never Organized with ACORN (http://fightthesmears.com/articles/20/acornrumor - broken link)
Your post was coppied directly from the above Website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections