Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:12 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
How was she right when she tried to completely overlook one and bash the other person for the other one?

They were both gaffes but when you try your hardest (i.e. a whole paragraph) just to make one seem like an accident while the other one not, then you lose credibility (only if you had any to begin with)
He was right when he typed this:

Quote:
As soon as Palin opened her mouth in the Katy Couric interview, McCain/Palins approvals started to tank.
The comments she made about the McCain camp. were right on as well. It's obvious that the Palien tried to utilize her typical style of infighting and conflict during her time as the VP candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So now the word Sambo is racist too?

Why does Sarah bother you people so much anyway?
of course the word "sambo" is racist.

i don't believe this story though. another unsubstantiated e-mail forward.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:28 AM

757 posts, read 802,678 times
I have only stated the facts. I guess I can understand why the facts confuse you. You are the person who is getting personal and all emotional. That's cool. Here's a tissue.

quote=CharlottePirateFan;10554484]Not confused at all. Its obvious you are a very confused individual and I just assumed you were going through PMS or something. Acting as emotional as you are.[/quote]

Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Actually you are the one lying here. All she said was the that Obama said the family should be off limits and that the media only seemed to keep Obama's family off limits but still brought hers up. She didnt say anything about Obama thinking only his family should be off limits. Why do liberals lie allllll the damn time?
I already responded to this, but I left off the link. Here it is. You tell me what Obama meant, a year ago today, if not that everyone's kids should be off limits.

I'll thank you not to accuse me of lying again.

Obama: Children are off limits - First Read - msnbc.com
I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:26 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
he (or she) is not talking about what obama said though.

luckily, there is also a record of what palin said:

"The problem is the double standard that has been applied here. Remember in the campaign, Barack Obama said 'family's off limits, do not talk about my family,' and 'the Candidate Who Must Be Obeyed,' everybody adhered to that and they did leave his family alone. They didn't do that on the other side of the ticket, and it has continued to this day."

she's not exactly saying that obama said to leave only his children alone, but she is sidestepping the fact that he actually said to leave HER family alone.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
he (or she) is not talking about what obama said though.
<snip>
she's not exactly saying that obama said to leave only his children alone, but she is sidestepping the fact that he actually said to leave HER family alone.
So let's juxtaspose what Sarah said to what Obama said.

Sarah:

"The problem is the double standard that has been applied here. Remember in the campaign, Barack Obama said 'family's off limits, do not talk about my family,' and 'the Candidate Who Must Be Obeyed,' everybody adhered to that and they did leave his family alone. They didn't do that on the other side of the ticket, and it has continued to this day."

Obama:

I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president.[/quote]

What is Sarah talking about?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:58 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So let's juxtaspose what Sarah said to what Obama said.

Sarah:

Obama:

I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president.
What is Sarah talking about?[/quote]

Its very simple and you are the one twisting it. You said that Sarah lied by saying Obama only meant his family was off-limits. That is completely untrue and you are putting words in her mouth and trying to paint her as a liar.

All she said was that Obama said family should be off limits and that the media only applied that to the Obamas and not the Palins. She didnt say anything like you are accusing her of (that Obama only meant his family was off limits)

She was taking a shot at the media, not Obama.

And maybe you werent lying. You just didnt understand the quotes. Or you were just trying to twist her words to make her look bad.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:12 AM

She lied when she stated that Obama said, "do not talk about MY family". He clearly meant everyone's families. Sarah knows that. And she's trying to pin the talk about her family on Obama by calling him "He who must be obeyed".

Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
She lied when she stated that Obama said, "do not talk about MY family". He clearly meant everyone's families. Sarah knows that. And she's trying to pin the talk about her family on Obama by calling him "He who must be obeyed".

Your not getting dizzy yet?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM

What have I said that is "spin"? I am quoting Sarah's very own words! She didn't get that nickname "Sarah Barracuda" for nothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections