Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Hey, at least Ted Kennedy isn't able to tax us like the monster he has been for the past 20+ years. That ALONE should raise the congress approval rating. It will probably take years to recover from the disaster of Ted Kennedy after he leaves the congress. Ted Kennedy has caused enough damage on this country, and its time that something finally brings his reckless taxation to a stop.
That's classy. Pick on a man that is fighting brain cancer....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 04:04 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
The point is that it doesn't matter what the rating of 'Congress' is - it only matters what the rating of individual members is.

If that makes you feel better about it.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:05 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,521 times
Quote:
I think that would be great! I personally can't stand Reid and I am very disappointed in Pelosi.

lol only "disappointed" ?

She is the ultimate betrayer . EVERY thing she critisized Bush about she than turns around and votes with him.

Pelosi is neither Dem nor Rep she is the ultimate parasite . I wouldn't trust Pelosi nor Cheney with a thing.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:06 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,273 times
Quote:
That's classy. Pick on a man that is fighting brain cancer....
I would feel bad for him.

If he was actually a fundamentally good person.

But hes not, he is a total jack@@@ that needed something to cause him to step down. He has DESTROYED this country with the help of his Democratic puppies.

Now if only something would go wrong with Reverend Wright...we would be set.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
If that makes you feel better about it.
It doesn't make me feel better about anything. It just proves the point that comparing Bush's historically low rating to any rating of Congress is apples and oranges. And regardless of any rating of Congress - Bush sucks!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
lol only "disappointed" ?

She is the ultimate betrayer . EVERY thing she critisized Bush about she than turns around and votes with him.

Pelosi is neither Dem nor Rep she is the ultimate parasite . I wouldn't trust Pelosi nor Cheney with a thing.
She had her chance and I think she screwed it up. Next.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:07 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,384 times
Quote:
It doesn't make me feel better about anything. It just proves the point that comparing Bush's historically low rating to any rating of Congress is apples and oranges. And regardless of any rating of Congress - Bush sucks!

Yep, Bush has been a very poor President. The Democrat Congress has been even worse. Both facts. Deal with it.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I would feel bad for him.

If he was actually a fundamentally good person.

But hes not, he is a total jack@@@ that needed something to cause him to step down. He has DESTROYED this country with the help of his Democratic puppies.
Like I said

Classy!

Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,523,860 times
OK IDIOTS WHO LOVE TO POINT OUT THE APPROVAL RATING OF CONGRESS: LISTEN UP!
Yes, the ratings are pretty low for Congress and at 10% or whatever. Don't you think that 1/2 of that disapproval rating could be because.....
Folks like myself are digusted with Pelosi and Reid for not doing their constitutional duty and impeaching Bush and Cheney! Pelosi has almost been in bed with them concerning this. There is positively no reason for Pelosi to leave Kucinich and Wexler out to dry all the time. Particulary after 10 years ago when, while the Repubs had similiar numbers in the house, they impeached Clinton over lying about a BJ in the office.
I'm sorry about the caps but this comeback from the repugs is often proof that they really don't do their homework.
By the way, increased veterans benefits, increase in the minumum wage and ridding this government of Gonzo and Rove, they have, even though it could be a lot better, done a few things.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 10-06-2008 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: modification

Old 10-06-2008, 04:16 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
So does this mean you guys are going to vote for the governor with the highest approval rating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections