Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I mean, if he's a terrorist he belongs in jail.

I don't disagree that terrorists belong in jail, but there are 535 members of Congress, of which 100 are Senators. Why would it be specifically McCains job, among all these hundreds, to pursue Ayres...or any other terrorist for that matter? If a law was broken, then a prosecutor, not McCain, should have pursued an indictment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,487 times
Quote:
I mean, if he's a terrorist he belongs in jail.

Not sure but why did Bubba Clinton pardon TWO of them?

Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wait, the left wants Palin to leave the wacko officer alone who drank on the job and harmed a 10 year old,
? Is that the spin on it now? The problem is, did she fire someone because he did not fire the tasering brother-in-law.

It's too bad the right has to lie about its candidates to make them seem acceptable. Thought you all prided yourselves on being "honest and upright and clean."

Old 10-07-2008, 03:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,601,272 times
Quote:
26 years in Washington. McCain is the indignant one. I haven't heard Biden's opinion.
Ahh, that makes a difference. If you agree with the terrorist it is only proper to NOT go after them. Justice is only appropriate if you disagree with the terrorist.

NOW you make perfect sense to me. I finally understand why our judicial system works the way it does after so many years of Breyer and Ginsburg. The logic has always escaped me until now. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:54 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I don't disagree that terrorists belong in jail, but there are 535 members of Congress, of which 100 are Senators. Why would it be specifically McCains job, among all these hundreds, to pursue Ayres...or any other terrorist for that matter? If a law was broken, then a prosecutor, not McCain, should have pursued an indictment...
Um.....because he's running for President? You know, leadership?? Why save his righteous anger for the campaign trail?
Then again, the only real leadership experience he has is four years as a training regiment leader (in peacetime).

Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Ahh, that makes a difference. If you agree with the terrorist it is only proper to NOT go after them. Justice is only appropriate if you disagree with the terrorist.

NOW you make perfect sense to me. I finally understand why our judicial system works the way it does after so many years of Breyer and Ginsburg. The logic has always escaped me until now. Thanks!
That doesn't make a bit of sense.
If you don't consider someone a terrorist, why would you go after them?
McCain does, and he should have gone after him a long time ago.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:56 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
That doesn't make a bit of sense.
If you don't consider someone a terrorist, why would you go after them?
McCain does, and he should have gone after him a long time ago.

The Democratic Party has no finer representative.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The Democratic Party has no finer representative.
Than who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections