Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:19 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
I always wondered how Bush got a second term...now it's all crystallizing. I feel brilliant when I am on these boards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And your point is....?

I'm feelin ya Jr!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM

365 posts, read 692,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If the economy is the most important issue, Americans should vote for McCain. Over 300 economists (July press release figures, The Economist now has that number at 530) have endorsed McCain's economic plan.
Economists' Statement on John McCain's Jobs for America Economic Plan - Standard Newswire
I think this speaks volumes for McCain.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
He was far more than an old hippie, in fact I would put him in the same catagory as Charlie Manson. They both murdered innocent people.
The insanity of comparing Ayers to Manson is not even worth responding to except to shake ones head in despair.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:09 PM

50 posts, read 112,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Like does a pc actually hate white people or is he sooooo stupid that he sat in a church for 20 yrs without noticing the preacher spewed hatred for whites until it was made an issue. In my neck of the woods, that matters.

And the race card will be played in 5, 4, 3,....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
To all my fellow dems:

Don't ya just love the desperation of the mccain supporters, they really are throwing mud just praying that something sticks....with reaction like this, you know you're opponent is weak in the knees and we're ready to throw the knock-out punch....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Oh....
And how long has Osama.....oops....Obama been in the Congress?

What....like 150 days or so?

Now THAT is experienced! Yea baby!

The above comments illustrate why we're veering towards an Idiocracy, because no one does the research on their own anymore. They just spew the same news soundbites over and over and over again until they actually start believing the crap themselves. It worked in 2004 and it will work again next month.

I have nothing against Republicans per se (some of my best friends are elephants, and it's not about party loyalty (because both parties have serious issues and I'm an Independent ), but republicans (and their supporters) seem to have such a masterful way of alienating people that you are often left speechless and wanting to hurt things. Some of the things posted in this forum (and in this very thread) are so patently offensive it's scary. Even scarier is realizing that I have to interact with your kind on a daily basis--at school, work, or the supermarket. And you guys are supposed to be the "Pulse of America." If there were ever a need for a lethal injection...

Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Lightbulb Reality finally sinking in for Dems re: Obama ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
Now that most of the country is finally paying attention to the election and issues like Ayers, Wright, Rezco, Fannie Mae, Raines will get more attention are Dems getting scared?

Judging from the panic on these forums and the reports I've heard that Dems are mad at Dean for not vetting Obama properly, I think that we're going to have some pretty upset Dems.

Why, yes! Yes, it is!

It's becoming clear that Obama will win in an electoral blow-out.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:15 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
Now that most of the country is finally paying attention to the election and issues like Ayers, Wright, Rezco, Fannie Mae, Raines will get more attention are Dems getting scared.

You think the nation was comatose during the primaries when CNN and FAUX News were Jeremiah Wright 24/7?

Old 10-07-2008, 06:18 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
I think this speaks volumes for McCain.
I see now you are not using the Economist survey directly which showed more support for Obama as you well know and was linked for you in another thread when you were making this same claim.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I see now you are not using the Economist survey directly which showed more support for Obama as you well know and was linked for you in another thread when you were making this same claim.
Examining America's presidential candidates | Examining the candidates | The Economist
The detailed responses are bad news for Mr McCain (the full data are available here). Eighty per cent of respondents and no fewer than 71% of those who do not cleave to either main party say Mr Obama has a better grasp of economics. Even among Republicans Mr Obama has the edge: 46% versus 23% say Mr Obama has the better grasp of the subject. “I take McCain’s word on this one,” comments James Harrigan at the University of Virginia, a reference to Mr McCain’s infamous confession that he does not know as much about economics as he should. In fairness, Mr McCain’s lower grade may in part reflect greater candour about his weaknesses. Mr Obama’s more tightly managed image leaves fewer opportunities for such unvarnished introspection.

Bots you probably should archive the link for future use.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And I see that you STILL don't understand that the Economist survey you're talking about found that 80% of 142 economists favored Obama. Meanwhile, 530 economists have endorsed McCain's economic plan.

Let's compare:
Obama - 114 economists (114 is 80% of 142)
McCain - 530 economists

Old 10-07-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And I see that you STILL don't understand that the Economist survey you're talking about found that 80% of 142 economists favored Obama. Meanwhile, 530 economists have endorsed McCain's economic plan.

Let's compare:
Obama - 114 economists (114 is 80% of 142)
McCain - 530 economists
Independent readers since this is so important to your wallet I suggest you read the article for yourself.
Examining America's presidential candidates | Examining the candidates | The Economist
Where the candidates’ positions are more clearly articulated, Mr Obama scores better on nearly every issue: promoting fiscal discipline, energy policy, reducing the number of people without health insurance, controlling health-care costs, reforming financial regulation and boosting long-run economic growth. Twice as many economists think Mr McCain’s plan would be bad or very bad for long-run growth as Mr Obama’s. Given how much focus Mr McCain has put on his plan’s benefits for growth, this last is quite a repudiation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections