Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:14 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Ayers and Obama building stronger schools in Chicago, well was that part of Obama's job as a state senator?
Building stronger schools? How? By blowing 100 million dollars?
It was a rousing failure, even by obamas standards. Not exactly obamas most stellar move
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 04:16 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Missing the point as usual, why isn't it ok for Obama to meet with "terrorists" but it's ok for Condi Rice?
The Sec. of State is proably the 3rd most influental in the executive branch, so I do think that it's something that the cons who love to talk about Ayers need to answer.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Ok cons and rabid Obama haters who will stop at nothing to hate the likely chance of an Obama presidency. Explain this to me, since you say crazy things like "Obama is friends with a member of the Weather Underground!" Obama is a terrorist, Obama is friends with people that hate America.

Using your dumbas**d standard, how Obama is associated with terrorists and seeing how some of you say things like: "I'm not racist! I would vote for Condi Rice!" any different from Rice meeting with a terrorist?

ResultsRice meets with Libya leader - CNN.com
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met Friday with Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, who asked for the latest news on the hurricanes plaguing U.S. coasts in recent weeks.

Rice meets with Libya leader - CNN.com · Cached page

Please explain the irony.
Do I think, like most "libs" that Condi Rice has terrorist ideas and is unpatrotic? Of course not. My point being though if you say that just meeting and talking to someone associates them with being a terrorist and a friend with them is wrong.
I can see you all saying Rice was only there conducting bussiness, well, that's another road you can go down to. Why is she responsible for meeting with Americas enemies, but Obama is dangerous for saying that he would?
Well, the secrety of state has to meet with foreign leaders -- even those that are not 'good'. And that would include the likes of Quadaffi, achmadinejad, kim jung il, and putin.

Now, unless you can show me where rice pals around quadaffi or hangs out at kim jung ils house or plays guitar hero with putin I would have to say you are showing blazing ignorance on the roles of foreign relations.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Building stronger schools? How? By blowing 100 million dollars?
It was a rousing failure, even by obamas standards. Not exactly obamas most stellar move
Different subject, my point was the intent when some other con tried to say that it's ok for Condi Rice to meet with Kadafi since it was part of her job.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
The GOP headed by the village idiot and snarling butterball Cheney have been the biggest terrorists for the last 8 years. Warmongering and trigger-happy, they're itching to pull the trigger on any sovereign nation, unprovoked and without imminent threat.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Well, the secrety of state has to meet with foreign leaders -- even those that are not 'good'. And that would include the likes of Quadaffi, achmadinejad, kim jung il, and putin.

Now, unless you can show me where rice pals around quadaffi or hangs out at kim jung ils house or plays guitar hero with putin I would have to say you are showing blazing ignorance on the roles of foreign relations.
WTF? Try reading my post! I said Condi Rice is NOT a terrorist nor does she have terrorist pals. I did say that I use the same twisted, weak logic, that the cons use towards Obama, then yes, Condi Rice has associated with terrorists.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Ayers and Obama building stronger schools in Chicago, well was that part of Obama's job as a state senator?
If their goal was to build stronger schools in Chicago, both have failed miserably.

Last edited by andreabeth; 10-07-2008 at 04:59 PM..

Old 10-07-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
WTF? Try reading my post! I said Condi Rice is NOT a terrorist nor does she have terrorist pals. I did say that I use the same twisted, weak logic, that the cons use towards Obama, then yes, Condi Rice has associated with terrorists.
Bottom line, rice doe not have a social relationship with them. Obama did. That, to me is the difference.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Bottom line, rice doe not have a social relationship with them. Obama did. That, to me is the difference.
Social relationship....hhm...
So what about a social relationship that is proably even deeper, McCain and arrested domestic terrorist G Gordon Libby?
I would hope Condi Rice does not have a social relationship with Kadaffi, but we really don't know that. Ayers and Obama may know each other better than Rice and Kadaffi, but one they are not as tight as most right wing cons want to think and two, again one more time, I wish some of the thick skull cons would realize this....
Ayers was NOT convicted of anything and what he did was...drumroll.....40 YEARS AGO!
I would hate to see were society would be if we held everything to the same standards today that we did 40 years ago. 10 years, yea, I can see that, but not 40.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Social relationship....hhm...
So what about a social relationship that is proably even deeper, McCain and arrested domestic terrorist G Gordon Libby?
I would hope Condi Rice does not have a social relationship with Kadaffi, but we really don't know that. Ayers and Obama may know each other better than Rice and Kadaffi, but one they are not as tight as most right wing cons want to think and two, again one more time, I wish some of the thick skull cons would realize this....
Ayers was NOT convicted of anything and what he did was...drumroll.....40 YEARS AGO!
I would hate to see were society would be if we held everything to the same standards today that we did 40 years ago. 10 years, yea, I can see that, but not 40.

Normally I would agree with you that if someone has lead a productive life, let the past lie. However, he is not remorseful. As far as not being convicted, let's see --- he was a white, fairly good looking young man, college educated, with a very rich daddy...hmm, wonder why he wasn't convicted?

G gorden libby, wasn't his crime wire tapping? I wouldn't call that domestic terroristic behavior. But then, I don't know much about him -- did he do more then that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections