Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won tonights Presidential debate?
Obama by a wide margin 140 50.36%
McCain by a wide margin 39 14.03%
Tied 28 10.07%
Obama by a small margin 49 17.63%
McCain by a small margin 22 7.91%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 PM

522 posts, read 1,673,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I hope nobody expects me to read 80 pages of comments before I post! I voted "Obama by a small margin." Maybe it was a tie but since I'm voting for Obama, I admit I probably am a bit biased.

I think both candidates performed well. I'm glad Obama held his ground since, at the beginning, Tom Brokaw gave McCain a little more time to respond. Maybe I was just imagining it, but that was my perception. Obama even said something like "I'm only trying to keep up with Senator McCain." After that, each candidate got equal time. Just my opinion.

I want to add that, just like the first debate, it wasn't too exciting.

Edit: Regarding healthcare, what Sen McCain fails to understand is that, without regulations on healthcare providers, $5,000 won't help people like me who are close to 60 and have pre-existing conditions. Even if I could find a good individual health insurance plans with affordable premiums, the deductible alone would be around $5,000. I also didn't like it when McCain started to preach about wind, solar...etc. when discussing energy, since he has a record of voting against alternative forms of energy. That said, he is looking for votes.
Other's had that observation, also, Nancy -- not "just" you. ;-0

Overall, I, too, give it to Obama in performance. But I don't think we heard anything really new from either of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Only 17% of CD user's believed mccain won this debate, YIKES....That's lower than mcbush's approval rating....atleast mccain was close during the 1st debate.
Not only is your math wrong, but you should have stated "Only n% of CD users WHO VOTED IN THIS POLL believed McCain...."

Did every CD user vote?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 PM

425 posts, read 662,692 times
I had McCain by a small margin...

I think we need to just elect Jimmy Buffett and get it over with

It's 5:00 o'clock somewhere

Old 10-07-2008, 10:14 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,785,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Did anyone other than me notice that Cindy only shook hands with Obama and Tom? She walked around with her hands behind her back the short while that McCain shook hands with people. Now, to me, that speaks of thinking herself above the common folk, not wanting to get 'her' hands dirty so to speak. It was a MAJOR turn off for me.....I'm a registered Rep. but am voting Obama.....in a red state at that!
It's a matter of safety. She's broken her wrist TWICE shaking hands with supporters. Really, I'm not kidding. So she is careful now, as are Obama and Tom with her.

1,544 posts, read 2,066,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama won the debate big time tonight!

McCain spent the entire debate putting down Obama's policies, rather than discussing any of his own at any great length.

McCain also looked like a complete stick figure when he moved around. It's like his arms are pinned down at his sides, and his shoelaces are tied together. It was actually quite funny to watch him move!

McCain is like a little old man in a deli who keeps complaining that his soup is either too hot or too cold. He's way too emotional and off center. Definitely doesn't have the mindset to lead a nation.

Obama is exactly the opposite of McCain. Obama is very calm and collected, and talks at great length about his own policies. Obama is defintely much more qualified to be president.
Obama is qualified to be a lecturer not the president of the United States. He is a polished speaker and that's it.
He has no executive experience. He spews out theories mostly.

3,079 posts, read 3,103,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
Since you at least 100% bad at either math or reading poll results:

McCain: 27%
Obama: 63%
Tied: 10%
no you are mistaken, einstupid....it's down to 16% for your guy mcloser, genius.....

2,040 posts, read 3,851,306 times
Quote:
Did anyone other than me notice that Cindy only shook hands with Obama and Tom? She walked around with her hands behind her back the short while that McCain shook hands with people. Now, to me, that speaks of thinking herself above the common folk, not wanting to get 'her' hands dirty so to speak. It was a MAJOR turn off for me.....I'm a registered Rep. but am voting Obama.....in a red state at that!
I noticed that too....but I have never really liked her to begin with.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Obama is qualified to be a lecturer not the president of the United States.
He has no executive experience. He spews out theories mostly.
Bingo! You nailed it!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM

18,332 posts, read 26,357,163 times
Quote:
May mean little. I hate handshaking and avoid it as much as possible. I've gotten people mad at me but I don't care...

Old 10-07-2008, 10:16 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,103,857 times
Obama hammered mccain tonight....He got shalacked up side his head..This election is OVER, results are rolling into CNN and it's not even a question as to who won & by how much....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections