Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:10 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Page - by Mark Halperin - TIME (http://thepage.time.com/video-halperin-chats-with-gibbs-in-nashville/ - broken link)

Is that Mark Halparen like a pitbull, or what. They can't answer the question.
For someone who said that everyone bashing Palin and bringing up "the same" stories about her was desperate, you sure are doing the same thing about Ayers. Is the man in jail? Was he ever tried and convicted of anything? Did he ever kill anyone? Is he still under surveillance or suspicion for anything now?

Your desperation is amazing. Mccain is floundering, Palin is exposed for the joke that she is and you are losing to Obama...a non experienced hack of a candidate. Hahahahahahahahaha.......Mccain's legacy is that of a grumpy old loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 06:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's not just unrepentant domestic terrorist Ayers. Ayers is a symptom of the disease like his unpatriotic wife, racist preacher, convicted felon friend, and on and on it goes. He has a circle of friend that would make Charles Manson cross over to the other side of the street. If the doors of an elevator opened and the people in Obama's inner circle were on it most people I know would take the stairs. Who has a terrorist for a "friend"?
Ayers has worked with and known thousands of people in the last 40 years and many call him their friend. Are they all terrorists, or evil somehow?

Convicted felon friend - like Charles Keating? Like Cindy McCain's dad? Safe to guess McCain was closer to them than Obama was to Rezko or Ayers, do you disagree?

Wife, preacher - you'd have to share their experiences - or at least do some research on them - to see their points of view.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:25 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The Political Carnival: Republican Clears Obama On Ayers

As I've said before, many Republicans have worked with Ayers and commended him for his work. So why is he suddenly being questioned? Why was the "Citizen of the Year" not accused of terrorism in 1997 when presented by the honor in Chicago? Is the Mayor a terrorist?

"It was never a concern by any of us in the Chicago school reform movement that he had led a fugitive life years earlier," said former Illinois state Republican Rep. Diana Nelson, who worked with both Obama and Ayers over the years. "It's ridiculous. There is no reason at all to smear Barack Obama with this association. It's nonsensical, and it just makes me crazy. It's so silly."

But Obama barely knew Ayers.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would defend Ayers after he setup a gang warfare program of "bombs for bombs". No better than your average crip/blood with a high education. He could have achieved the same thing by doing some drive by shootings.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I can't believe anyone in their right mind would defend Ayers after he setup a gang warfare program of "bombs for bombs". No better than your average crip/blood with a high education. He could have achieved the same thing by doing some drive by shootings.
From everything I've seen, I think Ayers is a decent person who overzealously fought the military industrial complex when they were killing 50,000 Americans in a stupid war. You may not agree with what he did, but his goal was to save lives - and he was right.

I'd sooner leave my kids in Ayer's care than I would with sanrene, momonkey, or BigJon. Those three scare me.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
From everything I've seen, I think Ayers is a decent person who overzealously fought the military industrial complex when they were killing 50,000 Americans in a stupid war. You may not agree with what he did, but his goal was to save lives - and he was right.

I'd sooner leave my kids in Ayer's care than I would with sanrene, momonkey, or BigJon. Those three scare me.
Is it terrible that I think this is HILARIOUS?!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The Political Carnival: Republican Clears Obama On Ayers

As I've said before, many Republicans have worked with Ayers and commended him for his work. So why is he suddenly being questioned? Why was the "Citizen of the Year" not accused of terrorism in 1997 when presented by the honor in Chicago? Is the Mayor a terrorist?

"It was never a concern by any of us in the Chicago school reform movement that he had led a fugitive life years earlier," said former Illinois state Republican Rep. Diana Nelson, who worked with both Obama and Ayers over the years. "It's ridiculous. There is no reason at all to smear Barack Obama with this association. It's nonsensical, and it just makes me crazy. It's so silly."
Indeed:

"The suggestion that Ayers somehow dominated the policy or direction of the bipartisan Challenge Board, imprinting it with radical views, is absurd. The Annenberg Challenge was funded by Nixon Ambassador and Reagan friend Walter Annenberg. Republican Governor Jim Edgar, who wrote to Walter Annenberg to encourage the creation of the Challenge, joined Mayor Daley to announce the formation of the Challenge and his administration continued to work closely on education reform with the Board. John McCain has praised an initiative funded by the Challenge. The Challenge’s work is still carried on today through to the bipartisan Chicago Public Education Fund, which coordinates closely Chicago Public Schools CEO Arne Duncan and Mayor Daley to improve teacher performance and has included such board members as Illinois Republican Party Chair Andrew McKenna."

"As is well known, by the time Barack Obama met him, Ayers was a faculty member at the University of Illinois, and he has held the title of ‘distinguished scholar’ the University of South Carolina for many years — Ayers held both positions at universities while Republican Governors served on their Boards of Trustees."

Barack Obama Tied to Terrorist Bill Ayers

It's a completely bogus argument that conveniently overlooks the fact that prominent REPUBLICANS were involved with the organization too and SERVED on the board as well (including a close personal friend of RONALD REAGAN)

Like all the so-called "Obama terrorist connections" it's a lot of B/S about nothing.

Ken

Old 10-08-2008, 07:12 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
From everything I've seen, I think Ayers is a decent person who over zealously fought the military industrial complex when they were killing 50,000 Americans in a stupid war. You may not agree with what he did, but his goal was to save lives - and he was right.

So you agree with terrorism for terrorism. Bombs for bombs.

Which side do you agree with the crips or the bloods?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:

Um, you're not answering the point in the post - that all was 40 years ago. Ayers has known and worked with thousands of people since then. Are they all terrorists? Please answer.

As Ken says this whole thing is completely BOGUS.

And Im still waiting for any of you to explain how the Ayers of 40 years ago has influenced Obama's presidential platform.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:27 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um, you're not answering the point in the post - that all was 40 years ago. Ayers has known and worked with thousands of people since then. Are they all terrorists? Please answer.

As Ken says this whole thing is completely BOGUS.

And Im still waiting for any of you to explain how the Ayers of 40 years ago has influenced Obama's presidential platform.
Yup.

Furthermore, it seems to me that you really have to question the basic integrity , honesty and well, just plain decency, of anyone who would participate in what is obviously a bogus, dishonest, and dishonorable attack.

Prominant REPUBLICANS served on the board at the SAME TIME for crying out loud. McCain HIMSELF has PRAISED the work of that organization.

The whole attack is pathetic and shows the depths to which the Republican Party (and it's mindless minions on this board) have fallen.

Pretty darn sad.

Ken

Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:

The right's capacity for misreading and misunderstanding continues to amaze me. Another reason I think BigJon would be a terrible guardian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections