Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,978,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Very well, but don't you think it kind of a... well... I don't want to be disrespectful, but an obvious silly question? I mean, if someone popped up and said something similar at an Obama rally, I think it would be safe to say this is not the "base". In fact, it would be an extremely illogical generalization to claim so. That is why it confused me with the question you asked, which I believed due to your additional comments that seemed "upset", that it was a rhetorical question, rather than an honest question needing an answer.
I think it is completely legitimate question given the fact that within one weekend, there were 2 separate incidents of people shouting "Terrorist" and "KILL HIM" in reference to Obama.
But you know, I guess the term "Base" is a rather general one. There are all kinds of factions within a party "base."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 11:51 AM

532 posts, read 908,425 times
I think the people who should be most scared are the Obamas. I fear for him and his family. Some people are really crazy in their fear and hatred of him and I worry that he will end up the same way as other great orators and young leaders (JFK and MLK)

Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Is anyone else seriously disturbed by the man who shouted out "KILL HIM! (Obama)" at a Palin rally this past weekend?????

So is THIS the McCain "base"??????

It's absolutely horrifying. It's either utter stupidity to not understand the weight of such a statement or it's pure evil.

I'm not sure why this isn't bigger news...
Oh please! You're smarter than that, than to blame the McCain 'base' for one fool's sick hatred. Aren't you? Condemn the idiot who said it but not others b'c they just so happen to not be voting for the subject of his hatred. Besides, not only repubs go to Palin rallies just as not only dems go to Obama rallies. We're all searching for the right answers here.

And anyone who is even just joking about such things--remember who's only a breath away from the presidency if that occurs, Nancy Pelosi.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:04 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Wrong. She has received death threats! CNN did a segment about her SS protection.
And Obama and Hillary have not?
Who knows, maybe McCain has too, but there are not kooks running out there at Obama or Biden rallies yelling "kill him."
The fact the Palin has not denouced this, as of today, shows how classless she has been ever since she's entered this thing.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:13 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
And Obama and Hillary have not?
Who knows, maybe McCain has too, but there are not kooks running out there at Obama or Biden rallies yelling "kill him."
The fact the Palin has not denouced this, as of today, shows how classless she has been ever since she's entered this thing.
Oh, have you been to every single Obama/Biden rally? If not, how do you know that's never been yelled? All your argument proves is there are kooks in every party and having them doesn't make everyone in that party guilty of it. Stop the ridiculousness. Condemn the person saying it if you want to condemn anyone.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
I think it's realistic to say most (and probably all) of the candidates have received a death threat of some sort.

Someone shouting "kill him" at a crowded rally is a little different. Thank god the crowd didn't take up the chant, that would have been very scary. You really have to be careful with whipping up a mob.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:39 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Oh, have you been to every single Obama/Biden rally? If not, how do you know that's never been yelled? All your argument proves is there are kooks in every party and having them doesn't make everyone in that party guilty of it. Stop the ridiculousness. Condemn the person saying it if you want to condemn anyone.
If someone yelled out at an Obama or Biden rally, "Kill him" (or her) I'm sure it would have been reported on all the news networks. It has not.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:43 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Is anyone else seriously disturbed by the man who shouted out "KILL HIM! (Obama)" at a Palin rally this past weekend?????

So is THIS the McCain "base"??????

It's absolutely horrifying. It's either utter stupidity to not understand the weight of such a statement or it's pure evil.

I'm not sure why this isn't bigger news...
i dismiss this crazy talk..they aint gonna do ****...if someone kills him it'll be some crazed cia agent as they have a history of assasination

Old 10-08-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Oh please! You're smarter than that, than to blame the McCain 'base' for one fool's sick hatred. Aren't you? Condemn the idiot who said it but not others b'c they just so happen to not be voting for the subject of his hatred. Besides, not only repubs go to Palin rallies just as not only dems go to Obama rallies. We're all searching for the right answers here.

And anyone who is even just joking about such things--remember who's only a breath away from the presidency if that occurs, Nancy Pelosi.

shhh... you contradicted anything you or any republican said in previously concerning so called radical obama supporters saying he is the same way those people were or are

Old 10-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
have you been there? trying to turn the tables most likely it hasnt occured at bo rallies.. you know when people shout out things they are ask to leave,like the heckler or pawn that was at palins rally. so why were these people not asked to leave and its kinda obvious that no one in the audience was bothered by it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections