Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnamecanido View Post
I like how McCain complained about Obama's health care because the "government would be involved", but then he goes on saying that it's the government's job to fix the economic situation. Does he want the government or not involved with issues? Or only when it supports his agenda?
Well, I can't say that was a shining moment for him. Then again, his record is back and forth on the sides. As joking as people like to claim, he is a "maverick" in that he has no issues with crossing the table and supporting things that are opposite to his parties position. It is why many conservatives dislike him.

That said, Id rather have a person who sometimes supports no government and sometimes supports more government than a person who specifically and clearly without reserve claims he is completely for more government involvement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareef2679 View Post
I was kinda bumpin my head when you stated that the attacker of 9/11 died in the plane crash, which is why we shouldn't invade Afgan... LOL, ur kinda funny!
Did they parachute out before the planes hit the WTC? I didnt see that reported on the news.. where did you get that information from?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
I like how McCain complained about Obama's health care because the "government would be involved", but then he goes on saying that it's the government's job to fix the economic situation. Does he want the government or not involved with issues? Or only when it supports his agenda?
And you just pointed out why conservatives dont like McCain but fall all over themself to support Palin..

Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
I don't like either idea....but since the government has messed up the economy it seems that they should help fix it....including getting out of areas they shouldn't ever have been involved in the first place...like telling banks to lend to risky/unqualified borrowers.

I sure don't want the government to help make health care 'affordable' after seeing the mess they made of affordable housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections