Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:52 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Every time you dont vote, Obama trains a poor person.

Or registers a dead person to vote....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Yes. if you vote 3rd party you are making a documented CHOICE against the status quo. if you don't vote, you get lumped in with the group of people who just can't trouble themselves to care.
...and, you're helping the party of your choice grow in the future.

If you do have a preference between McCain or Obama, I don't recommend voting for a third party, because you'll probably end up feeling you threw your vote away. But it's always better to vote for a third party than to not vote at all.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Why do you think I said I'm sick of both candidates? I've been listening to both nonstop since the first town hall meeting. I've hardly turned off the news afraid I was going to miss something. I live and breathe politics. It's stuck in my throat, choking the life out of me. LOL Yes, I've gone back to undecided. Where I once weighed out the good, I've gone by way of weighing against the garbage--who has less.

Vote 3rd party!!!

If only ALL of the people who didn't like the 2 media endorsed candidates were to vote for any of the other options on the ticket, it would help us to let new voices into the political arena. Right now, the Dems and the Reps are all clowns and the media is simply their ringmaster. Its really a joke.

The greatest president in American history warned us very clearly about the dangers of divisive parties. If only we had listened to Washington. Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves, and probably have been for a hundred years or so.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Why do you think I said I'm sick of both candidates? I've been listening to both nonstop since the first town hall meeting. I've hardly turned off the news afraid I was going to miss something. I live and breathe politics. It's stuck in my throat, choking the life out of me. LOL Yes, I've gone back to undecided. Where I once weighed out the good, I've gone by way of weighing against the garbage--who has less.
Lol, maybe it's just time to take a break!

Go take a walk in the autumn leaves, go spend time playing with kids, go read a book and not a political forum. You'll feel much better after a week or so of not hearing politics-politics-politics.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Every time you dont vote, Obama trains a poor person.

rotflmao!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Vote 3rd party!!!

If only ALL of the people who didn't like the 2 media endorsed candidates were to vote for any of the other options on the ticket, it would help us to let new voices into the political arena. Right now, the Dems and the Reps are all clowns and the media is simply their ringmaster. Its really a joke.

The greatest president in American history warned us very clearly about the dangers of divisive parties. If only we had listened to Washington. Our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves, and probably have been for a hundred years or so.
Isn't that the truth! I've been saying for years that the partisan division's only success is in dividing the nation--and we all know what a nation divided against itself equals. This is how we're going to go down--not by terrorists, by our own ignorance.

I agree with the person who said it's time to take a break. Maybe I'm just losing my perspective here.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I agree with the person who said it's time to take a break. Maybe I'm just losing my perspective here.
You know, I take a week off from time to time and it makes a huge difference. I even took a "summer vacation" from politics because I got a little too caught up in the primaries.

I really believe in taking vacations. You can't think straight when you get too tightly wound.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,655 times
Quote:
Well, it doesn't really matter at this point does it? I already said I'm voting. Just expressing my disgust at having to--given the choices.
I'd vote for Hillary in a heartbeat if she were running as an Independent; donate the maximum allowable too.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I'd vote for Hillary in a heartbeat if she were running as an Independent; donate the maximum allowable too.
Why not write her in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections