Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 01:44 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I think it's funny that the crowd is anti-Obama, rather than pro-McCain. I think John would prefer they chant his name than his opponent's.
Good point.
Campaigns that simply strike against their opponent rather than stand up for their own candidate are pretty weak. Recent example: John Kerry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 01:48 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMist View Post
I thought since McCain didn't bring up Ayers, etc. last night and yesterday the media criticized the crowd comment of 'kill him' that perhaps this time McCain really would take the high road. Not to be. He's on tv live right now, and the crowd chanted LOUDLY - 'Nobama' 'Nobama'. McCain just smiled.
Come on, as most should no by now, I am a huge Obama supporter but this is much to do about nothing. NoObama is a perfectly fine chant at a partisan rally.

Of course they will be sorely disappointed come Nov but hey, let them have some fun while it lasts.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:09 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
NO-bama, get it??? John McCain is the nominee of the Republican Party and would like to win the office of POTUS. So, you see, when they are saying NO-bama, it is like NO Obama, which in the most simple of terms means they are intimating that they would like to see John McCain win - then, No Obama.
***we're not moving too fast for you here, are we?***

Old 10-30-2008, 03:12 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,258 times
Seems like the more they chant nobama, the higher Obama's numbers go.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:12 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
I thought since McCain didn't bring up Ayers, etc. last night and yesterday the media criticized the crowd comment of 'kill him' that perhaps this time McCain really would take the high road. Not to be. He's on tv live right now, and the crowd chanted LOUDLY - 'Nobama' 'Nobama'. McCain just smiled.
Well, sure, without bringing up Ayers, he's run out of material.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:13 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,897 times
Quote:
I like what Obama said when people started booing after he mentioned McCain:

"You don't have to boo. You just have to vote."

The man is a class act.

And to the OP: I don't think McCain had an obligation to stop them, but sometimes it is hard for Obama supporters to remember that the low road approaches that are taken by John McCain are what politics usually involve. There haven't been many candidates like Barack Obama.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
NO-bama, get it??? John McCain is the nominee of the Republican Party and would like to win the office of POTUS. So, you see, when they are saying NO-bama, it is like NO Obama, which in the most simple of terms means they are intimating that they would like to see John McCain win - then, No Obama.
***we're not moving too fast for you here, are we?***

Old 10-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I like what Obama said when people started booing after he mentioned McCain:

"You don't have to boo. You just have to vote."

The man is a class act.
and if you can arrange to take the day off of work or school, so much the better.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:18 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Seems like the more they chant nobama, the higher Obama's numbers go.
Yes, it would seem that way except for the inconvenient part where they're not going higher.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Yes, it would seem that way except for the inconvenient part where they're not going higher.

I do however, like to point to this correlation, Obama's numbers go down - often, the market goes up.
Cause and effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections