Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:12 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
New City-Data drinking game. Blaming the media! Everybody do a shot!!

WorldWatch - October 5, 2008 - Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights? - The Ornery American

Washington Times - Anti-GOP partiality continues in the media
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 01:36 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
McCain was fighting uphill from the start. He's joined at the hip with Bush, having supported his policies 90% of the time without showing a hint of any original, creative ideas of his own. McCain didn't distinguish himself during the 8 horrific years of the village idiot, except in leading the charge in support of Bush's programs. He's a man of questionable character, having left his crippled wife for a fake blonde bimbo. Cindy by the way didn't earn the money she has. She inherited it from her dad. This explains why she appears plastic and not of money. She's a thief too. Keating Five. Questionable behavior by McCain as a POW, with rumors that he betrayed this country by giving up information to save himself from further punishment. Tendency to use his POW status for pity votes and to gain favors through sympathy. Propensity for negative campaigning with utter lies. Questionable health. A speaking style that is anything but inspirational. Wouldn't be out of line to see him speaking to a bunch of empty chairs with a bunch of tumbleweed blowing in the desert wind. Guess this is why he brings Palin with him now, so people will show up. Pathetic. Questionable judgment in the selection of that very pathetic Sarah Palin without vetting the pure trash woman. Palin, a racist. Plain looks great, but is dumb on policy. The woman has been in podunk all of her life and accepted McCain's invitation to be VP without even knowing what a VP does. McCain a Republican at the wrong time. Republicans stink.

Yes, I would say that Palin DID NOT help...actually hurt and helped people go for Obama. The thought of Palin as President scares the hell out of many.

In fact, after Obama wins, she would be better off disappearing into the Alaskan wilderness. Best seen from a distance.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:57 AM

Alexus - I see that the tired statement that Bush and McCain are 'joined at the hip' BS is continuing... and IMHO wrongly. These two are not friends, they do not agree on many issues. Let the facts speak here:

Bush: George W. Bush on the Issues
McCain: John McCain on the Issues

And this is for Obama: Barack Obama on the Issues
And Palin: Sarah Palin on the Issues

There are these articles too, altho' first one is semi-dated [being a few months old], but still relevant:
Comparing Bush and McCain - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com
McCain a Bush clone? These numbers dispute that | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/19/2008 (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/28646754.html - broken link)

Old 10-25-2008, 12:08 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Alexus - I see that the tired statement that Bush and McCain are 'joined at the hip' BS is continuing... and IMHO wrongly. These two are not friends, they do not agree on many issues. Let the facts speak here:

Bush: George W. Bush on the Issues
McCain: John McCain on the Issues

And this is for Obama: Barack Obama on the Issues
And Palin: Sarah Palin on the Issues

There are these articles too, altho' first one is semi-dated [being a few months old], but still relevant:
Comparing Bush and McCain - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com
McCain a Bush clone? These numbers dispute that | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/19/2008 (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/28646754.html - broken link)
Well it's not "BS", and I disagree.

I don't care if you post a direct link to stats from God. I would've had more respect for McCain if he had even SUGGESTED an alternative way to respond to 9/11. How do stats reflect this? There certainly were better options than what was carried out and in hindsight now, we know it was ineeffective and didn't work. No, McCain agreed with Bush even after it was discovered that Bush lied to justify going to war. Post some links and stats about that. Where was McCain's outrage after the lying? Post some links about that. McCain is on record supporting Bush's strategic moves, moves that were ineffective and wrong, which led to the "surge." McCain supported this. Post some links to that. McCain frequently hangs his hat on the notion that the surge "worked." Again supporting Bush. How did the surge accomplish the objective of capturing and bringing to justice the man who caused 9/11? Post some links about that. The "surge" did nothing to defeat the ideology. Iin fact, common sense says that you can't defeat an ideology with guns. Bush and McCain don't even have common sense. Post some links about their failed military strategy to defeat an ideology. Also, is 'defeating" an ideology a realistic goal? What do Bush and McCain think about that? I bet they share the same view. Post some links about that.

While the failed military effort continued (Bush and McCain), what about the domestic agenda? Ignored by both. Post some links that show that McCain is urging Bush to focus on the economy, jobs, infrastructure, the improvement of the health care system, poverty in this country, crime in this country, street gang crime, education, and so forth. Joined at the hip? You bet.

And for God's sake, don't post a link that shows Sarah Palin on the issues. The bimbo doesn't even know what a VP does. It doesn't help now that she's a far right Republican either. Not good.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Well it's not "BS", and I disagree.

I don't care if you post a direct link to stats from God. I would've had more respect for McCain if he had even SUGGESTED an alternative way to respond to 9/11. How do stats reflect this? There certainly were better options than what was carried out and in hindsight now, we know it was ineeffective and didn't work. No, McCain agreed with Bush even after it was discovered that Bush lied to justify going to war. Post some links and stats about that. Where was McCain's outrage after the lying? Post some links about that. McCain is on record supporting Bush's strategic moves, moves that were ineffective and wrong, which led to the "surge." McCain supported this. Post some links to that. McCain frequently hangs his hat on the notion that the surge "worked." Again supporting Bush. How did the surge accomplish the objective of capturing and bringing to justice the man who caused 9/11? Post some links about that. The "surge" did nothing to defeat the ideology. Iin fact, common sense says that you can't defeat an ideology with guns. Bush and McCain don't even have common sense. Post some links about their failed military strategy to defeat an ideology. Also, is 'defeating" an ideology a realistic goal? What do Bush and McCain think about that? I bet they share the same view. Post some links about that.

While the failed military effort continued (Bush and McCain), what about the domestic agenda? Ignored by both. Post some links that show that McCain is urging Bush to focus on the economy, jobs, infrastructure, the improvement of the health care system, poverty in this country, crime in this country, street gang crime, education, and so forth. Joined at the hip? You bet.

And for God's sake, don't post a link that shows Sarah Palin on the issues. The bimbo doesn't even know what a VP does. It doesn't help now that she's a far right Republican either. Not good.
lol, so glad to see that there is yet another open-minded voter, willing to honestly use facts and history to inform themselves... yeap, so glad...

As to posting yet more links, tell ya what, before I even begin to waste my time trying to share and have civil discussion here, can you honestly tell me you read even some of the comparisions and/or articles in my previous post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections