Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:04 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,764 times

Advertisements

The DEMOCRATS are so powerful at this point and backed by the richest donors that I would not be surprised if they are able to wiggle out of this.

OpenSecrets | Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Democrats - Capital Eye

Even if the Federal Election Commission investigate, are they backed by democrats????

Soros drives Democratic Party: Author - Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/a-849555~Soros_drives_Democratic_Party__Author.html - broken link)

The republicans get quickly charged with wrongdoings because they are not adept at cover-ups. The Democrats are very adept at cover-ups.

Democrats Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Economic Crisis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1Wc...eature=related

They can make anything to be not their fault.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ponsibility%22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 10:18 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I'm still waiting for that monday. [MOD CUT] Still waiting for whitey.
Yeah, I'm waiting for "whitey" too.
In hindsight (even at the time actually, but especially now in hindsight) the Obamabashers have been pathetically comical. They always sound like they are foaming/frothing at the mouth about some game-changing "revelation" about Obama that will put him away for good - only to have the revelation either leave rational thinking people yawning or to have it not materialize AT ALL. Don't these folks realize how foolish and desperate this makes them (and their candidate) look? It's gone on over and over and over on these boards and elsewhere. It's like these folks are caught in some kind of mental time-loop where they are fixated on how this low-life technique has worked so well in the past against Democratic Presidential candidates (and even McCain back in 2000) and are unwilling/unable to face the fact that people are TIRED of all these negative personal attacks.

The Obamabashers have been mocking Obama's message of "hope" for months now, while foolishly overlooking the fact that American's are TIRED of the GOP's constant negativity and fear-mongering (personal attacks on Democratic candidates and endless attempt to maintain their power by manipulating folks' fear of terrorists abroad and "unAmerican" Democratic candidates here at home). The fact is, now more than ever, Americans NEED "hope" - and thus they turn to Obama, a candidate who is a breath of fresh air in the otherwise putrid political atmosphere the GOP has created.

Will he be able to do everything he's said he wants to do?
Of course not, NO candidate EVER does.
McCain wouldn't be able to do so either.
But with Democrats in control of both houses he stands a pretty good chance of pushing through at least some of the ambitious proposals he's made. More to the point however, he's shown himself to be calm, clear and unflappable under the stress and endless personal attacks the GOP has unleashed during this brutal campaign. Personally, I think this calmness of character is perhaps as responsible for his success as the McCain campaigns missteps and ugliness of the economic mess we find ourselves in. The fact is, the more strident the attacks against Obama have become, the more Presidential he appears - and the American people are starting to realize this.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 10-11-2008 at 10:41 AM..

Old 10-11-2008, 10:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
The big news tomorrow is more likely to be regarding Troopergate findings implicating Sarah with abuse of power.
That came to pass---------------to the day.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,055 times
i hope some of you are getting paid for all the hard work youre doing, lmao

Old 10-11-2008, 10:36 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
BREAKING NEWS: McCain broke wind again!
More breaking news tomorrow - promise!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:38 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,873 times
RICO is serious. All people associated with the crime go to jail.

If this is proven many Dems will go to jail for their involvement.

I started a thread about this the other day and some whiners on the left whine so much they took it down.

When it hits believe me I will be the first to post it.

If this is a RICO issue Obama will be a goner as well as all his little buddies.

People I believe Rezko is talking a lot !

Time for someone to toss Obama under the bus like he has so many other people.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:46 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
RICO is serious. All people associated with the crime go to jail.

If this is proven many Dems will go to jail for their involvement.

I started a thread about this the other day and some whiners on the left whine so much they took it down.

When it hits believe me I will be the first to post it.
I have NO doubt you would be the first to post it, after all you post it even when it DOESN'T happen.
Clearly you are not one to let so insignificant a thing as reality stop you.

Ken

Old 10-11-2008, 10:53 AM

395 posts, read 510,771 times
more preemptive nonsense.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
We Will Not Be Silenced

Old 10-11-2008, 12:42 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
The big news is that in less than a month, John McCain will officially become a has-been, and 8 years of GOP control will end. Good news for the country (AND THE WORLD) reeling from GOP incompetence and poor decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections