Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,676,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So when did you see McCain's and Palin's?
.... in new documents unearthed in Tanzania.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,510,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
Even if this were true, it wouldn't matter because his mother is a US citizen and that means her children are US citizens - all native born. Your barking up the wrong tree.
This is true, but my fear is that the cons and McCain would probably use this as mud slinging saying, he can't be trusted, because of "folks he associated himself with."
I hope they do so, even more evidence of their stupidity.
That would be like saying, "his father was a child molester, so his son is too!"

Old 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,213,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
This is true, but my fear is that the cons and McCain would probably use this as mud slinging saying, he can't be trusted, because of "folks he associated himself with."
I hope they do so, even more evidence of their stupidity.
That would be like saying, "his father was a child molester, so his son is too!"

Let McCain keep slingin' mud, the more he throws the bigger hole he creates that he's sinking into.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,133,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Please let this be true. Karma is such a beautiful thing.

Obama had all his opponents eliminated by technicalities so now it is Obama's turn to be eliminated from the podium!!!!!
Yes, he did, didn't he? It would be such justice.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:21 PM

240 posts, read 474,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
So the Constitutional requirements to be president don't matter if the candidate has already been campaigning for a while?

Lots of respect you have for this country.

I'm pretty skeptical of the "birth certificate" issue, but if it does prove to be true, then Obama should be disqualified from running.
Did you not read the rest of my post? I never said a candidate can't be disqualified because of long campaigning, but don't you think that even BEFORE he campaigned that the government will look heavily into his background before even letting him run? Please, why would Obama try to hide his citizenship? Running for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES is the last job someone who has a fake birth certificate would want to try to hide and get away with. Lots of respect you have for this country if you honestly think the government and its people are so dumb to put someone who wasn't born in the country to be our President.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Please let this be true. Karma is such a beautiful thing.

Obama had all his opponents eliminated by technicalities so now it is Obama's turn to be eliminated from the podium!!!!!
McCain best not try that stunt: he was born in the US Canal Zone.

Too: anybody remember George Romney (Mitt's father)? George was born in Chihuahua, Mx to US citizens who were residents.........which could have backfired against him back in 1968 had he won the GOP nomination. Stricktly speaking; George was a Mexican.

Remember that Obama's mom was a US citizen so Barack would have been just as 'American' as the two above Republicans.

On the off chance that Obama is indeed disqualified of the above allegations are true-----------Hillary would probably default back in and the Dems would still win. The economy basically is destroying support for McCain.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,680,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
Are you sure? I thought a child born of US citizens is a US citizen regardless of where he/she is born. Look at all the children of military born overseas.

Military kids are exempt. That is clear and it is the law.

Born to US Citizen who are in our military you are a US Citizen, otherwise you are NOT.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,713,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Military kids are exempt. That is clear and it is the law.

Born to US Citizen who are in our military you are a US Citizen, otherwise you are NOT.
Wrong again.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,406,067 times
This doesn't matter to me at all. McCain wasn't born in the USA either, he was born in Panama. On a base. So what, he wasn't born on USA soil in one of the 52 states.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:54 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,105,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This doesn't matter to me at all. McCain wasn't born in the USA either, he was born in Panama. On a base. So what, he wasn't born on USA soil in one of the 52 states.
No, he was born on a US Federal Reservation established by Executive Order in 1920.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections