U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What Will You Do If Obama is Elected President?
Be mad? 45 19.15%
Be happy? 173 73.62%
Leave the country? 17 7.23%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:05 AM

744 posts, read 767,711 times
I just hope the country can become more unified, regardless of which one becomes the next president. There are some critical issues facing the next administration, and partisanship is going to cripple any progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM

184 posts, read 294,323 times
I will watch an Obama administration do some positive things for people in this country and restore the status of the USA in the world

OBAMA '08! k:

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:15 AM

8,575 posts, read 1,796,999 times
more unified? HAHAHA! the united states as we know it will not exist in less than 50 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
I just hope the country can become more unified, regardless of which one becomes the next president. There are some critical issues facing the next administration, and partisanship is going to cripple any progress.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:18 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,768,352 times
Wow! For the most part these comments were fairly positive. Maybe there is a chance that our country can come together and begin erasing all the divisiveness that's done nothing but pull *us all* down. Despite the current financial crisis, maybe in the midst of all this adversity we can find a common denominator in love for our country above all else. Maybe a new day IS dawning. I'm hopeful we can finally rise above the partisan politics with the common goal of restoring our country to its former greatness. I'll probably cry a few tears of happiness and relief then go out and buy a new American flag (to replace my tattered old flag) and hang it proudly once again. I'll also pray that John McCain will accept the verdict of the American people graciously.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:19 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,165,106 times
I would pray that Obama and the democrats would not destroy the country further.

YouTube - Democrats Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Economic Crisis

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:19 AM

3,761 posts, read 5,078,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
Wow! For the most part these comments were fairly positive. Maybe there is a chance that our country can come together and begin erasing all the divisiveness that's done nothing but pull *us all* down. Despite the current financial crisis, maybe in the midst of all this adversity we can find a common denominator in love for our country above all else. Maybe a new day IS dawning. I'm hopeful we can finally rise above the partisan politics with the common goal of restoring our country to its former greatness. I'll probably cry a few tears of happiness and relief then go out and buy a new American flag (to replace my tattered old flag) and hang it proudly once again. I'll also pray that John McCain will accept the verdict of the American people graciously.
Good post!

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:20 AM

8,575 posts, read 1,796,999 times
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM

744 posts, read 767,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
more unified? HAHAHA! the united states as we know it will not exist in less than 50 years.
Even Bush, the most divisive president since Lincoln, had a chance after 9/11 to unite the country and he failed. Surely the next president will have at least 1 chance to bring people together, I just hope he's up to the task.
As for your bold statement that the US as I know it will not exist in 50 years, I don't disagree. In fact, I think you could make that statement at any point in the country's history or future, and it would be a true statement.

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:53 AM

15,402 posts, read 16,353,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I do not want to see Obama win the election, because I don't think he's ready to be president.

However if he does win, I would support him as president, and give him every opportunity to prove himself capable of doing the job. I also think it would be kind of neat to have an African American family in the white house.
What a classy post! Thank you for joining our forum.

It's refreshing to see there are people out there with a healthy and sane approach to an election. I support Obama, myself--and I definitely share your attitude if McCain wins.

Unread 10-09-2008, 10:49 AM

688 posts, read 1,162,245 times
Why, watch Fox News of course!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections