Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 03:24 PM

55 posts, read 76,033 times

Advertisements

I am an American, a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, and a member of the Republican Party and I am outraged at the irresponsibility of the GOP's reprehensible and shameful use of misinformation to divide our country and pit American against American.

This divided America has a number of people who are clueless and narrow-minded. There are Americans who fail to demand facts, issues or well-reasoned arguments. Rather than research issues from independent sources and make intelligent decisions on their own, there are those of us who absorb the self-serving language of such people as Sean Hannity, FOX News, and Rush Limbaugh.

This is unfortunate because Senator Obama has proven to be a dynamic leader, with a vision to achieve real fiscal responsibility, develop intelligent foreign policy, re-build our military and restore, support and defend the U.S. Constitution.

Why do I support Barack Obama? He has the (1) judgment; (2) temperament; (3) vision; (4) and true American values to be a great President.

Republican for Obama/Biden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 07:48 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuB703 View Post
I am an American, a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, and a member of the Republican Party and I am outraged at the irresponsibility of the GOP's reprehensible and shameful use of misinformation to divide our country and pit American against American.

This divided America has a number of people who are clueless and narrow-minded. There are Americans who fail to demand facts, issues or well-reasoned arguments. Rather than research issues from independent sources and make intelligent decisions on their own, there are those of us who absorb the self-serving language of such people as Sean Hannity, FOX News, and Rush Limbaugh.

This is unfortunate because Senator Obama has proven to be a dynamic leader, with a vision to achieve real fiscal responsibility, develop intelligent foreign policy, re-build our military and restore, support and defend the U.S. Constitution.

Why do I support Barack Obama? He has the (1) judgment; (2) temperament; (3) vision; (4) and true American values to be a great President.

Bless your heart! I would add: (5) intelligence (top of Harvard Law School class vs. bottom of Annapolis)

Old 10-09-2008, 07:50 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
NuB, great post.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
good for you....why not talk to a few of your republican friends and help them to see the light...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuB703 View Post

Thank you for your service, and for your common sense.

You clearly are way ahead of the average Republican in critical thinking skills.

Welcome to the winning team!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:21 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
Lovely post! And thank you for your service to our country.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:23 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,879 times
watch this

YouTube - I Invented The Internet (Ep. 1: The Audacity)

see his real american values

Old 10-09-2008, 08:23 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,209 times
Welcome Nub I have been a registered republican for 20 years and this will be my first time voting for a democrat for president. I'm also married to a former Marine and I thank you for your service.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,334 times
Bull S*** alert. I detect a lisp in those keystrokes.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,966 times
This eerily sounds like an Obama Campaign post. No military guy is this shallow to make that switch easily because of FoxNews.

I know military people. They are hard on their ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections