Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Honestly, I think because people are absolutely sick of hearing it. On a personal level Dems get more leeway with me then Reps do due to the last 30 years, the last 8 especially. And in their defense, its got to be hard not to remember how things snowball out of control - Swiftboating.
Yes, I agree that people get sick of hearing it; I know that I certainly do. But again, it's enjoyable watching them bury themselves. I'm very much looking forward to a Democratic win in both the presidential election and the Senate this year And I am looking forward to seeing the governor answer to the people of Alaska for her unethical and self serving behavior.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
No. But you can never tell on CD if there is a subliminal purpose to the posting. Because you see the same insanity over and over.
I agree.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:35 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
An example of what the federal government has done to the Tongass.

Predator control isn't much of an issue in SE; I'm sure that you can see why. This is your esteemed federal government at work.

But yet...how dare anyone speak up against them.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 PM

78 posts, read 120,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
.......... Think the Founding Fathers would have approved of this?........
Isn't that why they passed the second amendment?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:44 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, I agree that people get sick of hearing it; I know that I certainly do. But again, it's enjoyable watching them bury themselves. I'm very much looking forward to a Democratic win in both the presidential election and the Senate this year And I am looking forward to seeing the governor answer to the people of Alaska for her unethical and self serving behavior.

I'm all for the latter if it effectively kills any chance she has of even thinking of running for Pres in the future. Horrors. Wanting the Dems to win this time around goes without saying.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Earlier this year, Sarah Palin spoke at the
convention of the Alaskan Independence Party, offering them cheery
words and ad expressing her admiration and cheery words including:

"Keep up the good work," she told them.

"And God bless you."

Her husband Todd was a member of the party for seven years.

Sarah Palin addressed AIP conventions repeatedly during her time as
mayor of Wasilla.

Now David Talbot has a piece in Salon about Joe Vogler, the "raging
anti-American" who founded the Alaska Independence Party -- the party
that Todd Palin belonged to for seven years, and that Palin chose to
address just a few months ago.

The party that still considers Sarah Palin one of their own.

Talbot reveals that Vogler, in 1993, arranged with Iran to provide him
with a global pulpit to spew his hatred of the United States:

"My government is my worst enemy. I'm going to fight them with any
means at hand."

Vogler's greatest moment of glory was to be his 1993 appearance before
the United Nations to denounce United States "tyranny" before the
entire world and to demand Alaska's freedom.

The Alaska secessionist had persuaded the government of Iran to
sponsor his anti-American harangue.

That's right ... Iran.

The Islamic dictatorship.

The taker of American hostages.

The rogue nation that McCain and Palin have excoriated Obama for
suggesting we diplomatically engage.

That Iran.

AIP leaders allege that Vogler, who was murdered that year by a fellow
secessionist, was taken out by powerful forces in the U.S. before he
could reach his U.N. platform.

"The United States government would have been deeply embarrassed," by
Vogler's U.N. speech, darkly suggests Clark.

"And we can't have that, can we?"

The next time some news outlet or pundit devotes a second of coverage
to the Ayers nontroversy, ask them why Sarah Palin has not once been
asked about her very recent, very extensive ties to a genuinely
anti-American group.

Heck, seems like something even John McCain should have to address.

Sarah Palin: Palling Around With Secessionists (NEW VIDEO) - The Jed Report

This is scary. It reminds me of the Ruby Ridge survivalists....

Old 10-10-2008, 12:30 AM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,920 times
Notice how palin's so called rally's/speeches are turning more and more into what seems to heading in the KKK rally direction

Old 10-10-2008, 04:40 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
She was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, a group that wants Alaskans to vote on whether they wish to secede from the United States. She’s been registered as a Republican since May 1982.

FactCheck.org: Sliming Palin

I know you are not that stupid so you must be purposely avoiding the point. Obama is being slain for guilt by association so Palin deserves the same. She has recently spoken at AIP functions AND she is MARRIED TO and has KIDS WITH a former member......who was a member when they were married. Talk about sleeping with the enemy. Your attempt to avoid was weak.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:46 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I know you are not that stupid so you must be purposely avoiding the point. Obama is being slain for guilt by association so Palin deserves the same. She has recently spoken at AIP functions AND she is MARRIED TO and has KIDS WITH a former member......who was a member when they were married. Talk about sleeping with the enemy. Your attempt to avoid was weak.
When was the AIP running around bombing things?
When did they run around teaching racial divide and conspiracy theories?
When did they start up slum lords and commit fraudulent real estate deals and the later apologies because they were "bone headed"?
When did they stand behind a form of government that through the past century has committed the most atrocious crimes leading to 100's of millions of deaths?
When did they fight side by side with a consistently fraudulent disenfranchising organization?

Your attempt to avoid the truth is pitiful but in now way weak as you are consumed by your pity.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:08 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
When was the AIP running around bombing things? They haven't but their stance on seceding is still treason
When did they run around teaching racial divide and conspiracy theories? No instead they talked about the treasonous action of seceding from the US
When did they start up slum lords and commit fraudulent real estate deals and the later apologies because they were "bone headed"? Gotcha......so Mccain/Palin have a clean slate? Besides, two different organizations in two different time periods with two different agendas. Hard to compare platforms.
When did they stand behind a form of government that through the past century has committed the most atrocious crimes leading to 100's of millions of deaths? So you feel that all wars/attacks on foreign countries by the US are justified?
When did they fight side by side with a consistently fraudulent disenfranchising organization? You can see that on both sides...try opening your party blinded eyes a little more.

Your attempt to avoid the truth is pitiful but in now way weak as you are consumed by your pity.
Pity? Pity for who? The only pity I have is a) for us as Americans and b) those who actually believe that their party is cleaner than the other when they both have skeletons. There are those so blinded by their party affiliation that instead of realizing that their candidate is a scumbag they choose to forgive him/her for their misdeeds while chastising the other.

Ayers never killed anyone nor was he convicted of any wrong doing, same as the AIP. But it doesn't matter because both are treasonous acts and cancel each other out. With both having the connections it washes out one being better than the other.

Throughout the history of this country, politicians have always had degrees of separation from shadowy figures so that will never change. These accusations, smears and mis-truths need to stop because none of them will help our current financial situation, find Bin Laden, repair our damaged reputation in the world or get our troops back home. The pettiness of these arguments, on both sides, should be an indicator that the two party system is and has been broken.

We are being screwed during every election in regards to the choices we have for candidates....regardless of the position and it starts with people choosing a candidate based on people they may have worked with, been affiliated with or been friends with. Who gives a f**k? Best policies, plan of action and stance should win. That's it.

Last edited by tluv00; 10-10-2008 at 07:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections