Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 PM

55 posts, read 76,014 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]I am an American, a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, and a member of the Republican Party and I am outraged at the irresponsibility of the GOP's reprehensible and shameful use of misinformation to divide our country and pit American against American.

There are a large number of Americans who are clueless and narrow-minded. These are the same people who fail to demand facts, issues or well-reasoned arguments. Rather than research issues from independent sources and make intelligent decisions on their own, there are those of us who absorb the self-serving language of such people as Sean Hannity, FOX News, and Rush Limbaugh.

This is unfortunate because Senator Obama has proven to be a dynamic leader, with a vision to achieve real fiscal responsibility, develop intelligent foreign policy, re-build our military and restore, support and defend the U.S. Constitution.

Why do I support Barack Obama? He has the (1) judgment; (2) temperament; (3) vision; (4) and true American values to be a great President.

Republican for Obama/Biden[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
is being waged by John McCain. He is rallying up the racists who are getting riled up and it's a crying shame. Well you want to know something, it's not going to work and this is why
HE WON'T WIN

With racism exposed at John McCain's events, this will scare the voter on the fence! No one wants to go backward and this riling up of the nationalists, supremacists, hate mongers is all America needs to WAKE UP and take the action to make sure that Barack Obama becomes President!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 PM

493 posts, read 717,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, let's see. The Obama campaign routinely sent rabble-rousers to Hillary's and McCain's rallies to stir up trouble. An Obama campus representative hacked into Sarah Palin's email to "look for dirt." The Obamaphiles routinely mock McCain's POW status and imprisonment. They also make fun of him because of his torture-related disabilities. The Obama campaign cries RACIST against anyone who disagrees with their Enlightened Leader.

This is Obama's CAMPAIGN at work; not just the voices of a some disgruntled citizens. So, your faux outrage really takes some nerve.

And people ARE angry -- do they not have the right to be? Will Obama make anger illegal if it's against his policies?
You're comparing "rabble rousers" to someone yelling out a possible intent to HURT SOMEONE??? What is the matter with you? Mocking and little trivial things aren't the same as invoking harmful intentions in people!

There are people who want to physically harm Senator Obama , there is a difference!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:00 PM

493 posts, read 717,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuB703 View Post
[SIZE=3]I am an American, a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, and a member of the Republican Party and I am outraged at the irresponsibility of the GOP's reprehensible and shameful use of misinformation to divide our country and pit American against American.

There are a large number of Americans who are clueless and narrow-minded. These are the same people who fail to demand facts, issues or well-reasoned arguments. Rather than research issues from independent sources and make intelligent decisions on their own, there are those of us who absorb the self-serving language of such people as Sean Hannity, FOX News, and Rush Limbaugh.

This is unfortunate because Senator Obama has proven to be a dynamic leader, with a vision to achieve real fiscal responsibility, develop intelligent foreign policy, re-build our military and restore, support and defend the U.S. Constitution.

Why do I support Barack Obama? He has the (1) judgment; (2) temperament; (3) vision; (4) and true American values to be a great President.

Republican for Obama/Bide
n[/SIZE]
AMEN and thank you for being you

Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ayres is far from being made out to be Bin Laden's comrad, but for heaven sakes, Obama claims that they hardly knew each other, but when its discovered that they have known each other for, ooh 10, 20 years, yes its an issue. If it wasnt an issue, then Obama would have no need to lie about.
You can know someone for a long time. That doesn't mean you know them WELL. If you don't see them very often, you're not going to know them well. How long ago you first met them is irrelevant.

Ken

Old 10-09-2008, 07:05 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,321,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuB703 View Post

[/SIZE]
Indeed, Obama looks more and more Presidential all the time - calm, clear and collected. Just what our country needs in an emergency.

I think he going to make a GREAT President.

Ken

Old 10-09-2008, 07:19 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ayres is far from being made out to be Bin Laden's comrad, but for heaven sakes, Obama claims that they hardly knew each other, but when its discovered that they have known each other for, ooh 10, 20 years, yes its an issue. If it wasnt an issue, then Obama would have no need to lie about.
If McCain wants to make an issue out of what are at best questionable allegations I'd first like to hear him explain why his self-described hero is a man who sold weapons to an enemy of the US. And developed a convenient case of amnesia to 'defend' that treasonous act.

Or would that require a little too much honesty on McCain's part?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, let's see. The Obama campaign routinely sent rabble-rousers to Hillary's and McCain's rallies to stir up trouble. An Obama campus representative hacked into Sarah Palin's email to "look for dirt." The Obamaphiles routinely mock McCain's POW status and imprisonment. They also make fun of him because of his torture-related disabilities. The Obama campaign cries RACIST against anyone who disagrees with their Enlightened Leader.

This is Obama's CAMPAIGN at work; not just the voices of a some disgruntled citizens. So, your faux outrage really takes some nerve.

And people ARE angry -- do they not have the right to be? Will Obama make anger illegal if it's against his policies?
are you running for president...Stop dancing around my question.
i'll give you one more chance to answer it

Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
You're comparing "rabble rousers" to someone yelling out a possible intent to HURT SOMEONE??? What is the matter with you? Mocking and little trivial things aren't the same as invoking harmful intentions in people!

There are people who want to physically harm Senator Obama , there is a difference!
Uh, sorry, but what's the matter with YOU? You're downplaying the thuggish tactics that come from Obama's OWN CAMPAIGN and trying to equate that with some people who chose to yell incendiary stuff ON THEIR OWN. McCain didn't encourage them to do this or appeal to them in any way. YET, Obama campaign people HAVE systematically caused race-baiting and smeared good people. That kid who hacked into Palin's email, looking for dirt as he said, was a CAMPUS ORGANIZER for Obama.

Yep, I'm sure there are people who want to physically harm Obama, just as I'm sure there are people who want to hurt McCain or Palin. What do you propose we do? Round up everyone "suspicious" and incarcerate them?

Moreover, that OBAMA SUPPORTER/HACKER published the phone numbers and photos of Palin's CHILDREN, putting them at great risk! But you don't care about that jackass putting white kids in jeopardy, do you?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
are you running for president...Stop dancing around my question.
i'll give you one more chance to answer it
Excuse me? You'll "give me one more chance..."? Oh, am I beholden to obey you and your Enlightened Leader? And you people wonder why we find you and your candidate insufferable.

I didn't even SEE a question. Perhaps you embedded it in stupid stuff?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM

OK, been through the thread twice and still not finding a question addressed to me. Why am I not surprised?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections