Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 10:43 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
and you need assault weapons for what reason?
as I have stated in many threads, read the assault weapon ban wording. This type of gun is characterized by the way the gun works, not the functionality. I can give you a more powerfully gun that does not fit under the assault weapon description. the AR-15 (civilian version of the M-16) shoots a very small round, has little power, yet fits under the assault weapon description. Heck, my Arisaka type 90 Japanese rifle fits under the assault weapon ban, and it is a 5-shot low caliber bolt action rifle, the other rifle that my father owns does not fit the description, yet has a very large round, and is semi-auto. it is all based on the visual description, not the function
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 11:26 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
unfortunatly for you, any attempt to ban the cartridge would be found to be unconstitutional. It would restrict ones own rights to bear arms.
They are clever wrapping up these bans in nice neat little deceptive practices in the name of "making things better"

Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
as I have stated in many threads, read the assault weapon ban wording. This type of gun is characterized by the way the gun works, not the functionality. I can give you a more powerfully gun that does not fit under the assault weapon description. the AR-15 (civilian version of the M-16) shoots a very small round, has little power, yet fits under the assault weapon description. Heck, my Arisaka type 90 Japanese rifle fits under the assault weapon ban, and it is a 5-shot low caliber bolt action rifle, the other rifle that my father owns does not fit the description, yet has a very large round, and is semi-auto. it is all based on the visual description, not the function

If they were truly worried shotguns themselves if used on a large crowd would be devastating. That's not really their agenda though. What they need is a nice neat package that has a chance to pass legislation so they can get their foot in the door for an all out ban.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:36 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Thats right... Look at this vid... Doesn't meet the AW criteria but I can do a number on you with it...

YouTube - Screw gun control

Old 10-10-2008, 12:18 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Sorta funny economy tanks and people cling to their guns and want more. Is church attendance up?
Is that you Obama?

Old 10-10-2008, 02:14 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post

Ya do realize that VA and MD are just right over the border to buy guns in, right? It's really easy to get across too. You just gotta cross one of the little bridges, go over the Potomac and tada, VA. Or better yet, go north through the city and again, tada, MD.
Yes, Tada law breaking thug democrats insist on killing each other. Facts are facts for those DUMB enough to reelect Marion Berry to anything probably shouldn't be allowed to own a weapon. No need for new gun laws, ENFORCE the existing ones.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 PM

Isn't it funny though the irony.

They would love to take guns away from the people.

You guys bring your knife to the gun fight.

Even worse how are you going to take the guns from the people?

Send out people with guns to take them.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:23 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
What is a "low caliber cartridge".....And how would a .223 cal AR-15 fit into that uhhh "description"?A 223 is a "very small round"? And aren't "functionality" and "works" the same thing?You are just a wealth of misinformation ain't ya.(notice no question mark)

Old 10-10-2008, 07:37 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,240,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
What is a "low caliber cartridge".....And how would a .223 cal AR-15 fit into that uhhh "description"?A 223 is a "very small round"? And aren't "functionality" and "works" the same thing?You are just a wealth of misinformation ain't ya.(notice no question mark)
Compared to an AK-47's 7.62mm round, the .223 cal is a small round. Many NATO soldiers feel the 5.56mm "NATO round" (nearly identical to the .223 and interchangeable in some cases) is too small and would rather use a round similar to the 7.62mm.

Many hunters use larger calibers than .223! This is not a large round!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:43 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
If they were truly worried shotguns themselves if used on a large crowd would be devastating. That's not really their agenda though. What they need is a nice neat package that has a chance to pass legislation so they can get their foot in the door for an all out ban.

Yep, right on the mark. They have been working toward the complete banning of all firearms in this country for many years now, well into many decades now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections