Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 03:56 PM

727 posts, read 1,890,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I'm sure that intelligent blacks are just THRILLED by crap like this.
Has nothing to do with intelligence. I'm educated and agree with the message of the song. Its about whats really going on and not so much the content. We as adults curse/swear sometimes and that doesn't make us less educated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 03:57 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Has nothing to do with intelligence. I'm educated and agree with the message of the song. Its about whats really going on and not so much the content. We as adults curse/swear sometimes and that doesn't make us less educated.
Good for you.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Then dont forget to bring up why those parents dont care. Why the kids wont read the books they do have. Why the students must bring guns to school. Why they start fights. Why they join gangs.
I could answer all those questions for you. Your generalizing by saying black parents don't care. Mine did!!! My parents have been right by my side from Kindergarten to now. Black kids wont read books because they are not getting the proper books and also the books they do have,have only one peice of "His Story". Black students bring guns to school is a blanket statement and the ones that do bring guns is because the schools don't care. Some of em do but some of them don't. Why join gangs? Because theres not alot of community centers in the inner-cities. Theres not alot of job opportunities especially now. We don't have alot of successful Black men come back and inspire us or mentor us. I say "us" because I used to be the lost soul who joined gangs and started fights with priveleged white kids.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Good for you.
Well you generalized and I'm showing you an example. From my sisters to my uncles and cousins....all of us been to college. All of us work and pay taxes and most of us love hiphop. Has nothing to do with education.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Well you generalized and I'm showing you an example. From my sisters to my uncles and cousins....all of us been to college. All of us work and pay taxes and most of us love hiphop. Has nothing to do with education.
Well, I'm happy to know that you love music that is so degrading to blacks.

Or is it somehow not degrading?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm happy to know that you love music that is so degrading to blacks.

Or is it somehow not degrading?
Or how about you explain to me how its degrading? I think it empowers us!!

Old 01-27-2009, 04:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
It's not working.....

If it was Obama would have used it at every turn of the road. All it empowers is division and a victim mindset which does nothing for anyone...well except Young Jeezy and Jayz...who made millions. Maybe they will spread the wealth.

Self examination is one of the most useful tools around. Self destruction is the lack of that tool.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Or how about you explain to me how its degrading? I think it empowers us!!
Yeah, it sure does.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's not working.....

If it was Obama would have used it at every turn of the road. All it empowers is division and a victim mindset which does nothing for anyone...well except Young Jeezy and Jayz...who made millions. Maybe they will spread the wealth.
Well they actually do spread the wealth both of them hire people for their companies and both rappers have non-profit organizations and both have sponsored Katrina victims...so obviously it empowers someone. It empowers division to people who want us all listening to Jimmy Page and Aerosmith(I happen to love both of them btw) It empowers division to closed-minded people. How does a millionare have a victim mindset? NO if you actually listen to the content,Most decent rappers tell young people to go out and go to college and get an education. Hiphop has produce more white and black unity than any genre of music.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Well they actually do spread the wealth both of them hire people for their companies and both rappers have non-profit organizations and both have sponsored Katrina victims...so obviously it empowers someone. It empowers division to people who want us all listening to Jimmy Page and Aerosmith(I happen to love both of them btw) It empowers division to closed-minded people. How does a millionare have a victim mindset? NO if you actually listen to the content,Most decent rappers tell young people to go out and go to college and get an education. Hiphop has produce more white and black unity than any genre of music.
Yeah, the rappers who don't get shot to death spread the wealth around. Or at least a few of them do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections