U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 10:09 AM

32,377 posts, read 55,182,951 times

Advertisements

Im convinced the only vote he wants is the fringe extremist vote.

McCain faces conservative backlash over mortgage plan - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,722,773 times
McCain and one of his economic advisors have already said it will most likely be much more that $300 billion

Old 10-10-2008, 10:16 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Hence the reason for my other thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...-election.html

Old 10-10-2008, 10:17 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,857,385 times
I think McCain was trying to score points with the homeowners who are defaulting on their loans. I was surprised with his plan also but with the criticisms and pressure from his party, he will probably can his plan. The greedy homeowners have to be punished!!! He gave a very liberal (Joe Biden) solution - not good. He must trust his friend, Joe Biden.

BIDEN DURING DEBATE!!!!!
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...te.transcript/

BIDEN: Well, mortgage-holders didn't pay the price. Only 10 percent of the people who are -- have been affected by this whole switch from Chapter 7 to Chapter 13 -- it gets complicated.
But the point of this -- Barack Obama saw the glass as half- empty. I saw it as half-full. We disagreed on that, and 85 senators voted one way, and 15 voted the other way.
But here's the deal. Barack Obama pointed out two years ago that there was a subprime mortgage crisis and wrote to the secretary of Treasury. And he said, "You'd better get on the stick here. You'd better look at it."
John McCain said as early as last December, quote -- I'm paraphrasing -- "I'm surprised about this subprime mortgage crisis," number one.
Number two, with regard to bankruptcy now, Gwen, what we should be doing now -- and Barack Obama and I support it -- we should be allowing bankruptcy courts to be able to re-adjust not just the interest rate you're paying on your mortgage to be able to stay in your home, but be able to adjust the principal that you owe, the principal that you owe.
That would keep people in their homes, actually help banks by keeping it from going under. But John McCain, as I understand it -- I'm not sure of this, but I believe John McCain and the governor don't support that.
There are ways to help people now. And there -- ways that we're offering are not being supported by -- by the Bush administration nor do I believe by John McCain and Gov. Palin.

I also addressed this at

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post5623092

Old 10-10-2008, 10:17 AM

69,372 posts, read 55,509,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im convinced the only vote he wants is the fringe extremist vote.
The plan is already law, it was in the last bailout bill..

Old 10-10-2008, 10:20 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,143,555 times
this plan is not new. it is already the law, enacted in the july bailout bill. (proposed by the democrats by the way. if you are a democrat and you are horrified, then you need to be horrified by what both parties voted for).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or