U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:34 PM

3,641 posts, read 3,014,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Arkansas, SW Missouri- same difference.
Nope, not the same thing at all.

What I would have expected is for any moderator to not make posts belittling people and not join in on the disgusting and nasty and mean posting of demeaning type of posts. I expected better of moderators but it seems some, not all of course but some, are no better than many others within the political threads. I thought better but I have been shown that some of the moderators maybe should think a bit more before they make posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 04:37 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,394,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Wow, you really need some reading comprehension help don't you? Or maybe you didn't read the whole thread. Either way you're wrong.

NO. My comment in no way reflects my opinion of people in SW Missouri. My comment about the white sheet was in reference to the person posting all those racist and RACE-Baiting pictures of Obama. They accomplish the exact same thing as the bill board.
Were you talking about this one.......? American Hero vs. far left radical closet muslim? These imaged were not altered in any way... Any conclusions about these portraits are ones that you make yourself.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:37 PM

634 posts, read 813,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Nope, not the same thing at all.

What I would have expected is for any moderator to not make posts belittling people and not join in on the disgusting and nasty and mean posting of demeaning type of posts. I expected better of moderators but it seems some, not all of course but some, are no better than many others within the political threads. I thought better but I have been shown that some of the moderators maybe should think a bit more before they make posts.
I Agree!!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Is it really just an assumption though?

For population 25 years and over in West Plains

* High school or higher: 74.0%
* Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.4%
* Graduate or professional degree: 5.8%
I don't know what you are getting at, at all with what you posted but here is some info for a place in NM and it isn't much different except that they have more unemployment here.

[LEFT]For population 25 years and over in Chaparral[/LEFT]
  • High school or higher: 57.9%
  • Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.2%
  • Graduate or professional degree: 3.2%
  • Unemployed: 12.9%
  • Mean travel time to work: 32.4 minutes
So, what did the both of us prove? Not a darn thing. I did want to let everyone know that any one can post infor about any place in the country and find some of the same educational abilities and such.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:40 PM

881 posts, read 1,035,814 times
Thumbs up This billboard rocks!! Can I get one put in my area too??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
This is discusting.

Anti-Obama Sign Sparks Calls of Racism (http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=70321 - broken link)
Racism my a$$!!! This is the total truth. If you are un-happy your candidate has been exposed for what he is, a radical Commie, then head to Kenya. You will feel at home there.

Here is the billboard:

http://ozarksfirst.com/media/jpg/Obama12008-10-09-1223607224.jpg (broken link)

Important thing to remember: Free Speech is also about tolerating what you disagree with. I disagree with anti-Christian rants, yet I have to tolerate it and respond with speech, because that is what Free Speech is all about.

Funny, I only hear Liberals want to shut down people whom they disgaree with, like Pelosi, Boxer, and Feinstein talking about ways to shut down talk radio.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It's a rural area, just like rural areas in every other state, including New York. Doesn't mean they are stupid, just that people in those areas tend to pursue different jobs than someone in a city might. The man obviously can spell, so to say he's uneducated is ridiculous. Just because he disagrees with the Dems does not mean he is uneducated.
What I think is funny is how liberal Dems, or many people who are for Obama, think that they are so much better than anyone who happens to be against Obama. Obama followers have followed Obama with their disdain of people who do not happen to think the way they do or have supposed education they do or any number of other things. It is sickening. I will tell you this, most people who get college degrees these days are far LESS educated than the people who got them 40 years and more ago. Just look at colleges these days. They even have to have remedial classes because so many get to college and really don't even have the basic English or math skills necessary for college. Hell, I have run in to far too many college degreed people who can't even make change.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Well, it's tasteless schlock. That's what's wrong with it. However, like I say, it's tasteless schlock protected by the constitution.

We can't legislate class.
You are correct. I mean, all one has to do is look at so many of the people that post within the political forums here and how many of them say the nasty and disgusting things they say. Gotta love a country that allows such ignorance to be the right of anyone who wishes to show their low class.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:49 PM

7,921 posts, read 4,857,326 times
More Stupid Mud Slinging

Old 10-10-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
The great Abraham Lincoln once said "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North"
Not withstanding the fact that Lincoln himself was a racist! Gotta love people who knows so little about a favored President.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Sarah Palin LOVES shooting Dumb animals....Next Target John McCain!
Then she could have a field day in here, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections