U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:23 PM

7,277 posts, read 11,138,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
She is definitely being kept out of the media spotlight, that's for certain.
And, please, don't tell me she is home with the children, they have a nanny and she was constantly on the campaign trail with him when he ran for senator and earlier in the presidential campaign and was not seen as a liability.
I think the thought of the American public having to have her as the first lady (think Hillary Clinton times a billion...what do you think her first lady platform might be?) disturbs many.

should be HAS anyone....can a mod fix this?
Mamama Mia, I built an entire thread around her recent interviews. All you had to do was ask.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...interview.html

I can't believe the hate directed toward Michelle Obama and the disgusting remarks about her looks. Sure, people have made fun of Palin's hair or her accent or her apparent lack of intelligence, but nothing so vile as to say she is "ugly".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 04:30 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,399,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Mamama Mia, I built an entire thread around her recent interviews. All you had to do was ask.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...interview.html

I can't believe the hate directed toward Michelle Obama and the disgusting remarks about her looks. Sure, people have made fun of Palin's hair or her accent or her apparent lack of intelligence, but nothing so vile as to say she is "ugly".
If she was only ugly on the outside, I wouldn't mention it. But she is ugly both inside and out. Maybe she is full of voodoo demons; she has a lot of negativity in her.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:50 PM

7,607 posts, read 8,007,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
If she was only ugly on the outside, I wouldn't mention it. But she is ugly both inside and out. Maybe she is full of voodoo demons; she has a lot of negativity in her.
Maybe you can ask Sarah Palin's witch doctor preacher to pray over her.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM

5,032 posts, read 3,747,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
She has done several interviews this past week. Had to look at her ugly mug on the TV in the airport. She has been making the rounds with her sour look and cheap clothes, spewing the typical lies one would expect of Obama's girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Michelle is some cheap wanabee...trying to be something when she is nothing. Trying to be "Jackie O".....PLEASE! Michelle has done nothing to earn respect. Michelle is much like Palin. They both suddenly appeared on the national stage and expect respect. Sorry. Michelle needs to earn respect like Hillary earned.
So, if she did something to earn your respect, you wouldn't complain about her looks anymore?

You may not be racist. But you are making bitter, shallow comments b*tching about others, and you should know better.

Michelle has done everything she needs to do to earn respect from people on this forum very much like you. She's accomplished in her own right, she's created a strong family with Barack, and she's raised two charming kids.

You're absurd to ask more from someone who's not running for office herself.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:03 PM

5,032 posts, read 3,747,117 times
Quote:
Maybe she is full of voodoo demons; she has a lot of negativity in her.
Do you guys read what you write? In a thread complaining that Michelle isn't in public - after being shown to be totally wrong - you say maybe she isn't in public because she's ugly.

So not only are you doubly wrong - making your point after the OP has been shown to be totally baseless - you are nothing but insulting.

But Michelle is the negative one. Right.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:19 PM

9,096 posts, read 12,460,421 times
Quote:
Michelle Obama has a very ugly face. Cindy McCain is pretty and classy.
If things don't work out for John, she can be the spokesperson for the American Academy of Plastic Surgeons

Old 10-10-2008, 05:21 PM

20,212 posts, read 11,346,916 times
Maybe the better question would be: Has anyone missed Michelle Obama?
To be honest I have no bone with her. Quite simply she just like Cindy is a non-factor for me.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:39 PM

2,326 posts, read 3,913,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
How certain are you?

She was here in NC earlier this week. I'm certain of that. Michelle Obama speaks to military families in NC :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/3691237/ - broken link)

It was all over the news here and she gave plenty of interviews to the press here.

Before you dismiss an appearance in NC and consider it out of the spotlight, you should know that Palin was here giving a talk on the very same day. Raleigh Telegram
It's a long time ago in the pace if this campaign, but my son and many of his friends said Michelle Obama was a great speaker when she appeared at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado the beginning of last week. They were at the rally, and report that the crowd was optimistic and hopeful. Michelle Obama is actively campaigning across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections