Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 02:44 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
She is definitely being kept out of the media spotlight, that's for certain.
How certain are you?

She was here in NC earlier this week. I'm certain of that. Michelle Obama speaks to military families in NC :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/3691237/ - broken link)

It was all over the news here and she gave plenty of interviews to the press here.

Before you dismiss an appearance in NC and consider it out of the spotlight, you should know that Palin was here giving a talk on the very same day. http://www.raleigh3.com/default.asp?...leigh3&he=.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 02:48 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Maybe because she is ugly? Both inside and out. Not only does she harbor some very negative sentiments, but she has a face that deserves a brown bag (no pun intended).
We don't know what you look like. I hope your not as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside. That would be quite the double-whammy, right there.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:51 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
I should make a thread gathering a list of posters who lack credibility.

Mamma Mia I think you would be #1 on that list.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:54 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Michelle Obama has a very ugly face. Cindy McCain is pretty and classy.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:02 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
So you comment on this thread - one about how Michelle Obama has been hidden away - after it has been shown to be a total fabrication. And you attempt to prove it by slamming Michelle's appearance.

Where do all these small, ugly, nasty, idiotic commenters come from? Are they over-represented here on CD, or is the country full of them?

Old 10-10-2008, 03:05 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Quote:

Adultery and drug addiction are now classy to the Republicans?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering that they have embraced teen pregnancy and abuse of power during this campaign.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:05 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Where does all of your hate come from?
His unrequited love for Nell Carter?

Old 10-10-2008, 03:06 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
Quote:

I'd take Michelle Obama any day of the week and I think most people on this site would too.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,764,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Adultery and drug addiction are now classy to the Republicans?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering that they have embraced teen pregnancy and abuse of power during this campaign.
Obama was the admitted coke head. I don't think that it's an issue (I'm sure he doesn't snort anymore) but you brought it up...

Old 10-10-2008, 03:13 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I am gay and I am STILL a Hillary supporter. I LOVE Hillary, but must say I hated her pants suits. Hillary could dress better. That is no different than calling out Michelle Obama for her cheap tacky clothes. The point is, I overlook the pantsuits Hillary wears because Hillary DID something with her life....Hillary has solid beliefs.....Hillary is a TRUE leader.

Michelle is some cheap wanabee...trying to be something when she is nothing. Trying to be "Jackie O".....PLEASE! Michelle has done nothing to earn respect. Michelle is much like Palin. They both suddenly appeared on the national stage and expect respect. Sorry. Michelle needs to earn respect like Hillary earned.

As far as the bitter, hateful, racist vibe many get from Michelle, just read Michelle's college thesis. Is is TOTALLY about race. She "vented" in her thesis and her bitter chip clearly came across.
First, Michelle isn't running for office. Nevertheless, many do respect her for coming from a humble background and doing well for herself. I'm not sure how you can say she is "nothing." She's an accomplished Ivy League educated attorney. Whether you agree with her on other things or not, that type of educational attainment is admirable.

So you don't like the way she dresses. Do you often hate people for the way they dress? Hillary is a dumpy dresser, but so what? You obviously understand that it doesn't have anything to do with her intelligence or character. Why should it have anything to do with Michelle's personal qualities?

I haven't read the thesis, but I've seen excerpts from it and what I read did not appear racist to me. Even if it had racial overtones, I would not find that surprising in a young black woman's thesis on race. I'm sure she has seen plenty of racism in her time. She and I are about the same age and I know I've seen racism and sexism in my time.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but your vehement hatred for Michelle seems to come from out of nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections