Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:14 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
txboomerang wrote;

But YOU'RE the one that accuses others of playing the race card? FTW?

golfgod
I guess you really are as lost as most of your posts make you seem.

All 50 going black: economic downturn Black Friday Black Monday Black Tuesday.

ECONOMIC CRASH=BLACK

Nationwide economic crash would equal 50 BLACK states.

GET IT? If not, you need more help than a forum can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Obama is up by 5 in some polls in Indiana

Old 10-10-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
See my post to lostgolf above.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:31 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
The way the polls are going now, I would not be surprised if McCain won Texas by single digits. If he wins by 7 percent or less, it's almost a moral victory for the Democrats (although in this case, a moral victory or the victors).

Old 10-10-2008, 04:55 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Is there another red state that will turn blue?

Hold yer breath, let's see how long it takes...

Old 10-10-2008, 05:11 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I guess you really are as lost as most of your posts make you seem.

All 50 going black: economic downturn Black Friday Black Monday Black Tuesday.

ECONOMIC CRASH=BLACK

Nationwide economic crash would equal 50 BLACK states.

GET IT? If not, you need more help than a forum can offer.
Seriously, it didn't come across that way at all. Perhaps you did mean that from the get go but given the threads and posts that have been coming up the connection was not as obvious as you think it was.

Topic at hand: I thought Louisiana would go blue but I'm no longer sure of that. After all the moving around and the blame many have for the Dems down there I just don't see it anymore.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Seriously, it didn't come across that way at all. Perhaps you did mean that from the get go but given the threads and posts that have been coming up the connection was not as obvious as you think it was.

Topic at hand: I thought Louisiana would go blue but I'm no longer sure of that. After all the moving around and the blame many have for the Dems down there I just don't see it anymore.
That is the problem with the race card. People's feelings and what they mean are not taken into account. Only how it comes across. I thought my post was clear and I was trying to make a non partisan jab at the overall leadership of this country and where our economy is.

I would have thought with the stock market spending all week in the black, the connection was obvious for anyone looking for any connections. I guess I underestimate how many are looking for the most negative possible meaning a statement could have.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
txboomerang wrote;

But YOU'RE the one that accuses others of playing the race card? FTW?

golfgod
YOU are the racist. He did not mean black as in race and that didn't even occur to me until I read your post and realized that what you thought. It's obvious you are ready to cry RACISM when there is none. You Dems are really getting psycho about this.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:13 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post

It came across that way to me. It never occurred to me to think he meant BLACK as in race until I saw golfgod's comment. I think it's because you guys are SO fixated on race, that's immediately what comes to YOUR mind. That didn't come to my mind at all.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:20 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It came across that way to me. It never occurred to me to think he meant BLACK as in race until I saw golfgod's comment. I think it's because you guys are SO fixated on race, that's immediately what comes to YOUR mind. That didn't come to my mind at all.

hmmm . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections