Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 03:59 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times

Advertisements

Look, I get really frustrated as hell about the cons coming out with this crap all the time, since they don't have anything else of substance to slam him on. If he's too liberal for you, fine. But this other stuff that I've seen on CDF, well, here's an example: one person on here always shows a photo of Obama in "Muslim clothing" and McCain in a military suit next to it.
If that is such a bad thing if he is a Muslim, read this and tell me if Minneapolis and its western suburbs are going to hell....

Keith Ellison (politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other than the Nation of Islam contacts (which may be shady, but not violent), how is this Ellison man a man without diginity and character?
He was elected in a district that is 80 to 90% white, works with folks of all sorts of races everyday and will proably easily win re election. What is so bad about a Muslim as a politician?
Ellison is not going to invite Muslims to come over and blow up the Metrodome (unlike W, who turned a blind eye after being warned about radical Muslims and the WTC).
On top of that, Obama has less (maybe even no) contact with the Nation of Islam and attended a CHRISTIAN church for 20 years that you all love to slam him on, trying to have it both ways.
Even a friend of mine, who supports McCain, believes that anyone who runs with this point, Obama being a Muslim, is a dummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 04:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
I would and have no issue if he is Muslem. As long as he is willing to publicly condemn the actions of muslem radicals.
Mr Obama has associated himself with some questionable folks thou. People who feel we deserved to be attacked on 9/11. People who in their past participated in domestic terrorism. How does a leader prosicute their friends when they commit such acts when you owe at least a part of your election to them? I have yet to hear Obama condemn his former reigious leader. I mean condemn not sugar coat ormake excuses. I have yet to hear Obama condemn ayers for his past involvments.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:09 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,698 times
Obama is a muslim? Holy crap...has anyone told his white Christian grandparents that raised him that all those times he's been going to church with them and being raised as a Christian and living as a Christian it was all some big mistake? I'm not sure how they will take it, lol.

That one tall tale makes me shake my head everytime I hear it. I can't believe that some people are SO gullible to repeat things without checking the facts, lol.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:12 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I would and have no issue if he is Muslem. As long as he is willing to publicly condemn the actions of muslem radicals.
Mr Obama has associated himself with some questionable folks thou. People who feel we deserved to be attacked on 9/11. People who in their past participated in domestic terrorism. How does a leader prosicute their friends when they commit such acts when you owe at least a part of your election to them? I have yet to hear Obama condemn his former reigious leader. I mean condemn not sugar coat ormake excuses. I have yet to hear Obama condemn ayers for his past involvments.
Obama has condemned them. Sorry it's not every day to satisfy your liking. Wright is not the racist that you make him out to be and Obama believes, like a rational person, that Ayers has redeemed himself enough to get a pass, partially, because, said the me for the 1000th time, it was over 40 years ago.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:16 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
McCain has also associated with his share of questionable people. Name one politician who hasn't. Honestly, you won't be able to find one. No one is voting for those past associates and they really are irrelevant to people with the hot mess of the economy. Bush doing hard drugs didn't stop people from voting for him so I hardly think Ayers is going to influence voters. It might influence the people who don't like Obama anyhow, but all harping on it does is make McCain look like a shrill, angry old man and turn people off. I was still mulling over who I was going to vote for until McCain set off the flurry of all the attack ads. I follow politics and current events closely every day so all that lying and slander in the ads totally turned me off to McCain. I don't care how well one guy can throw mud. I want to hear something positive about what they are going to do to fix Bush's mess. McCain just repeats the same tired old lines over and over again...no substance at all. It's such a shame too because I liked him so much when he was running against Bush for the nomination for the 2000 election. He's not the same guy, not by a long shot.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:18 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
If he is then I would not like it because he would have LIED. Would certainly not be the first or last time that he did such.

I personally don't think he is though.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Obama has condemned them. Sorry it's not every day to satisfy your liking. Wright is not the racist that you make him out to be and Obama believes, like a rational person, that Ayers has redeemed himself enough to get a pass, partially, because, said the me for the 1000th time, it was over 40 years ago.
Time heals all wounds right? So we should also forgive Mr. Manson for his crimes as well and release him from prison.
$0 years ago a domestic terrorist was setting off bombs. The fact more people were not killed or wounded was more luck than design. He gets no walk from me for his past. Just as no rapist, child molester or thief gets a walk. They are what they are.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:20 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,387 times
[quote=tinman01;5638421 People who feel we deserved to be attacked on 9/11.[/quote]

Who would that be?

Quote:
People who in their past participated in domestic terrorism. How does a leader prosicute their friends when they commit such acts when you owe at least a part of your election to them?
The same way any leader prosecutes, former supporters and friends. Does Ken Lay ring a bell?

Quote:
I have yet to hear Obama condemn his former reigious leader.
Then you are one of the most ignorant tinman in America.

http://www.washblade.com/2008/5-2/news/national/12496.cfm (broken link)

Obama Condemns Pastor's 'Incendiary Language' But Explains and Defends Continued Relationship - FOXNews.com Elections

Obama Disavows Rev. Wright for ‘Destructive’ Comments | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com

Old 10-10-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Who would that be?

The same way any leader prosecutes, former supporters and friends. Does Ken Lay ring a bell?

Then you are one of the most ignorant tinman in America.

Obama condemns Wright’s AIDS comments - Washington Blade: Gay and Lesbian News, Entertainment, Politics and Opinion (http://www.washblade.com/2008/5-2/news/national/12496.cfm - broken link)

Obama Condemns Pastor's 'Incendiary Language' But Explains and Defends Continued Relationship - FOXNews.com Elections

Obama Disavows Rev. Wright for ‘Destructive’ Comments | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com
Wow those were brutal words to condenm Wright. Down right scathing..
About like what we hear from the Muslem leadership in this country in regards to radical muslem terrorism.
Ayers is what he is. He did what he did. 40 years does not undo what he did or what he was a big part of. The fact that Obama would associate with such does raise questions. That is not to say he agrees with or condones such behavior. Me personally I don't associate with terrorists past or present. I would not welcome one into my home in the middle of a blizzard and I would not accept their hand in friendship regardless of what excuses they made to justify their actions. But that is just me I guess.
Yes all politicians have some questionable associates. All the more reason to have term limits across the board.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:53 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
Ok so lets assume Obama is a Muslim: Honestly, SO WHAT!

Well, someone's gonna need a bank loan to open a Burka's are Us ! shop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections