U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 05:09 PM

881 posts, read 1,009,914 times
Exclamation WARNING to MCCAIN-PALIN supporters: Media trying to discourage you from voting!

Here is what the Liberal Yahoo news is trying to do to get people discouraged from donating, volunterring, or even voting for McCain-Palin:

1. Call polls as a guaranteed victory for Obama in states that are still margin of error or toss ups!!! There are 3 weeks to go and that is an eternity in a Presidential race. Anything can happen.

2. Say Obama is projected winner in a landslide.THAT IS FALSE, it's a tactic. It is just like when Yahoo news released the "Racism poll", to guilty people into voting for B. Hussein to show "Americans are not racists".

See map from Yahoo news:

When in reality:

1. Obama always overpolls between 5% and 7%. That has been true since the Primaries. Why? Because most pollsters poll inner cities and heavy black areas. So it makes it look like

I was called by Quinnipiac poll and the pollster was upset when I said "McCain" and other GOP candidates. These people try to discourage you from taking polls and saying it's GOP. I have just experienced it frist hand.

2. Since 1972, the Democrats are ALWAYS favored in polls to win and the GOP endes up winning or being like 1% behind.

Remember that:

In 2000, Gore was at 51% and Bush was at 40% this same time 8 years ago.
In 2004, Kerry was leading Bush in almost every battleground state and was at 49% to Bush's 43%.

3. They are saying VA is "leaning Obama". Leaning is not the end. Remember, Northern VA is Communist Country, but the rest of state is Freedom country. The polls focus on CITIES and the DC area. These are filled with Commies, thus the polls show it that way. In Nevada, they are calling it for Obama on Yahoo news, when in reality, ACORN has pumped 30,000 fraudulent votes in that state!!! That is why it seems like NV will go B. Hussein. Not true.

Yahoo news wants you to think it's over. It is NOT.

Don't buy into polls. Get out and VOTE!

My friends, do NOT give up. Donate to the McCain Victory Fund! Volunteer!! VOTE!! Demand local elections boards remove ACORN fraud from voting rows!

If you give up, lose hope, or don't vote, Yahoo News will have manipulated you to their benfit! Don't let it happen! Stand up and fight for what we know is right!

McCain-Palin 2008!! They will win!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 05:13 PM

2,057 posts, read 2,155,579 times
Quote:
If you give up, lose hope, or don't vote, Yahoo News will have manipulated you to their benfit! Don't let it happen! Stand up and fight for what we know is right!
Oh, don't worry. It's not Yahoo doing it to us.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:18 PM

881 posts, read 1,009,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Oh, don't worry. It's not Yahoo doing it to us.
You must mean - not JUST yahoo doing it?

Here is what the map will likely look like on election day, despite the polls:

270 needed to win. McCain is not worried. Most GOP supporters are not worried. McCain-Palin are in. We know past precedent, we know how polling works.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:23 PM

2,057 posts, read 2,155,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
You must mean - not JUST yahoo doing it?
McCain's running it into the ground well enough on his own.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:28 PM

3,641 posts, read 2,937,708 times
If they are too stupid to know about this type of rhetoric then they deserve to lose. Too many stupid people voting in this country on both sides.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:29 PM

12,647 posts, read 8,792,000 times
Thumbs down Blame the Media huh...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Remember, Northern VA is Communist Country, but the rest of state is Freedom country. The polls focus on CITIES and the DC area. These are filled with Commies, thus the polls show it that way.
Yahoo news wants you to think it's over. It is NOT.

Don't buy into polls. Get out and VOTE!

McCain-Palin 2008!! They will win!!!

You write this but blame the media? lol

Today's Polls, 10/10

With 25 days to go until the election, Barack Obama is presently at his all-time highs in four of the six national tracking polls (Research 2000, Battleground, Hotline and Zogby) and is just one point off his high in Gallup. He has emerged with clear leads in both Florida and Ohio, where there are several polls out today. He is blowing McCain out in most polls of Pennsylvania and Michigan, and is making states like West Virgina and Georgia competitive.

There's just nothing in there for McCain to hang his hat on. Even a pollster like Strategic Vision (http://www.strategicvision.biz/political/results.htm - broken link), which has generally had a Republican lean this cycle, now has Florida and Ohio going against them (Florida in a big way). Well, OK, maybe they'll hold on to Indiana (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/indiana/election_2008_indiana_presidential_election - broken link), although both campaigns' internals likely have the state closer than Rasmussen does.

McCain is getting some criticism for campaigning in Iowa, and for sending Sarah Palin out to West Virginia (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/10/10/palin_schedules_tour_of_west_virginia.html - broken link), but the truth is that their electoral hand is so poor right now that it doesn't much matter in which states they're deciding to bide their time.
SOURCE

Old 10-10-2008, 05:31 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,252,711 times
Yep, Fun2Day, I donated to the McCain Victory Fund last night. I can't spare much but I was happy to give what I could to the campaign that ISN'T being funded by Hamas.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:32 PM

5,137 posts, read 11,422,978 times
With Acorn having someone with 70 REGISTRATIONS....I will never trust another poll AGAIN.

If they do that with the actual registrations....we can imagine what they're doing in the polls.

Sorry I hate to ruin your hope and dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You write this but blame the media? lol

Today's Polls, 10/10

With 25 days to go until the election, Barack Obama is presently at his all-time highs in four of the six national tracking polls (Research 2000, Battleground, Hotline and Zogby) and is just one point off his high in Gallup. He has emerged with clear leads in both Florida and Ohio, where there are several polls out today. He is blowing McCain out in most polls of Pennsylvania and Michigan, and is making states like West Virgina and Georgia competitive.

There's just nothing in there for McCain to hang his hat on. Even a pollster like Strategic Vision (http://www.strategicvision.biz/political/results.htm - broken link), which has generally had a Republican lean this cycle, now has Florida and Ohio going against them (Florida in a big way). Well, OK, maybe they'll hold on to Indiana (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/indiana/election_2008_indiana_presidential_election - broken link), although both campaigns' internals likely have the state closer than Rasmussen does.

McCain is getting some criticism for campaigning in Iowa, and for sending Sarah Palin out to West Virginia (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/10/10/palin_schedules_tour_of_west_virginia.html - broken link), but the truth is that their electoral hand is so poor right now that it doesn't much matter in which states they're deciding to bide their time.
SOURCE

Old 10-10-2008, 05:33 PM

3,508 posts, read 8,441,282 times
Lots of McCain/Palin signs out in the country.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:34 PM

12,647 posts, read 8,792,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post

Sorry I hate to ruin your hope and dreams
You aren't capable of ruining either my hopes or dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections