Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:12 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Why stay on a sinking dirty ship when you can be on the Obama cruise? We have a shopping mall with a food court. Not to mention a movie theater, tennis court, volleyball court, and live performances from various top music artists and comedians. We have all the amenities.
And, it is all paid for by taking even more taxes from the evil rich and big oil!

Obama could not BUY my vote...although he would probably try! Who knows, maybe ACORN is using my ID to register someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 11:15 AM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
You WISH Obama was the magic cure for all that ails us, but you are just dreaming. He's not equipped.
At least you're not one of those negative, mean liberals...looks like you'd give all the Obama supporters a festive cocktail on the poop deck so that the reality will sink in slower.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:18 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
Quote:
i'm going to dead this with 2 quick points:

1) Democrats controlled congress for last 2 years, chief. This problem started way before then.

2) Iraq
Didn't you watch the video???? The video shows clearly how the DEMOCRATS blocked the reform!!!!!

YouTube - Democrats Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Economic Crisis

This is the problem with Democrats--- they never take responsibility for wrong-doings. At least when the Republicans do something wrong, they never cover up, they get caught and they take responsibility.

Good luck with the country run by a DEMOCRAT executive branch and a DEMOCRAT controlled congress because I predict widespread CORRUPTION/CHEATING all over the country. Welcome to the third world!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 11:20 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
That's the point I have been trying to make. Most Americans are NOT going to sit there and talk to a pollster, especially older people. I'll bet the pollsters get hung up on at least half of the time. Liberals are more likely to sit there and yack on the phone than conservatives are, and the polls reflect that. Many people also do like I do and check their caller ID. If it's not a local number that I recognize I don't even answer it.
The conservatives are BUSY working their a** off so they can support the lazy people.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:22 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
I haven't jumped ship!! There's still plenty of time for McCain to come out in the race. They say the Democrats are full of fire, until it's time to vote and then there off doing something, more important.

But, something has occurred to me that the Republicans don't want to win!!! This just doesn't seem to be a campaign of dedication on McCain's part.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You WISH Obama was the magic cure for all that ails us, but you are just dreaming. He's not equipped.
At least you're not one of those negative, mean liberals...looks like you'd give all the Obama supporters a festive cocktail on the poop deck so that the reality will sink in slower.
Never said Obama was the magic cure. Obama never said he's the magic cure. I doubt theres a magic cure.

With Obama we have joint accountability and responsibility. We have to work together to fix some major problems. We can accomplish so much in a bipartisan atmosphere.

In a time like this, the last thing we need is one who:

1) Is Erratic and stubborn.
2) Knows nothing about the economy
3) Makes horrible choices at picking members of administration. (See: Palin)
4) Agrees with Bush 95% of the time

Its time for CHANGE.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:28 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
And, it is all paid for by taking even more taxes from the evil rich and big oil!

Obama could not BUY my vote...although he would probably try! Who knows, maybe ACORN is using my ID to register someone else.

ACORN just stopped by to register my 2 dogs. Saw them talking to the 3 Bluejays sitting in the bird bath.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:39 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
Quote:
Its time for CHANGE.
Oh give that "change" crap a rest already!

Old 10-12-2008, 11:40 AM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Didn't you watch the video???? The video shows clearly how the DEMOCRATS blocked the reform!!!!!

YouTube - Democrats Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Economic Crisis

This is the problem with Democrats--- they never take responsibility for wrong-doings. At least when the Republicans do something wrong, they never cover up, they get caught and they take responsibility.

Good luck with the country run by a DEMOCRAT executive branch and a DEMOCRAT controlled congress because I predict widespread CORRUPTION/CHEATING all over the country. Welcome to the third world!!!

I believe Democrats and Republicans had their hand in this crisis.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:12 PM

425 posts, read 665,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
ACORN just stopped by to register my 2 dogs. Saw them talking to the 3 Bluejays sitting in the bird bath.
Please don't give them any more ideas - they already registered the entire Dallas Cowboys' roster...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections