U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:23 PM

9,096 posts, read 12,431,131 times

Advertisements

Who is saying he was born in Kenya? If so what credible news source is making this statement and please provide the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If Obama was born in Kenya, here's why it could be a problem...
Under U.S. law at the time, a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and a non-citizen parent (Obama's father was not a U.S. citizen) would be a natural born U.S. citizen only if the U.S. citizen parent resided in the United States for minimum ten years, five of which must be after the age of 16. Obama's mother was 18 when Obama was born; she would not have met the 5 years after age 16 rule.
U.S. Citizenship by Birth or Through Parents - Immigration - see #4

The First Congress, on March 26, 1790, approved an act declaring, "The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens of the United States." This act doesn't apply to Obama because of the change in law as listed above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

46 posts, read 63,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Just because someone writes 2 books about themselves, it doesn't mean you know very much. You know what he wants you to know and that's all.
OK so how do you argue that we know more about the other 3 than Obama?

808 posts, read 706,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If Obama was born in Kenya, here's why it could be a problem...
Under U.S. law at the time, a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and a non-citizen parent (Obama's father was not a U.S. citizen) would be a natural born U.S. citizen only if the U.S. citizen parent resided in the United States for minimum ten years, five of which must be after the age of 16. Obama's mother was 18 when Obama was born; she would not have met the 5 years after age 16 rule.
U.S. Citizenship by Birth or Through Parents - Immigration - see #4

The First Congress, on March 26, 1790, approved an act declaring, "The children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or outside the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens of the United States." This act doesn't apply to Obama because of the change in law as listed above.
He was born in Hawaii, I believe...but definitely in the US. His father was in the US going to school.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
He was born in Hawaii, I believe...but definitely in the US. His father was in the US going to school.
and a copy of his birth certificate can easily be found by doing a google search..

Old 10-11-2008, 11:26 PM

808 posts, read 706,431 times
Photo

Obama's birth certificate

Old 10-11-2008, 11:29 PM

3,537 posts, read 5,068,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the floacist View Post
OK so how do you argue that we know more about the other 3 than Obama?
Because we have documented factual knowledge about the other's whether the knowledge is good or bad. We simply do not have the same level of factual knowledge about Obama.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:29 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,516,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
This is almost laughable!!! You claim that McCain, Palin and Biden's lives are 'open books' - but not Obama!!!

Don't you know that Obama wrote TWO BOOKS about his life????

What the heck more of an open book can he be?????

Duhhhhhhhh???

HubbleRules
Hmmm, let me think about this for a second.....that is it, I'll write a book about myself and tell everyone what they want to hear. He wrote a book about himself? Wow, I'm sure he spared no detail.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:33 PM

I have always liked Senator McCain and only wish he had not received the GOP nomination in 2000!
Instead we got W, and I admit I voted for W in 2000.

And if Senator McCain says there is nothing to fear from Obama, his word is good enough for me!
After all, he should know more about Obama than any other poster on CD! He has known him for years! If he says he's a good man.. that is a good enough recommendation for me!

Old 10-11-2008, 11:41 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,516,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I have always liked Senator McCain and only wish he had not received the GOP nomination in 2000!
Instead we got W, and I admit I voted for W in 2000.

And if Senator McCain says there is nothing to fear from Obama, his word is good enough for me!
After all, he should know more about Obama than any other poster on CD! He has known him for years! If he says he's a good man.. that is a good enough recommendation for me!
You know this thread turned out EXACTLY how I knew it would. You liberal trashed it! I was being genuine in my quest for information about the unknowns. I realize there is a very high chance he will win this election and simply wanted to know about the missing links. Not in a negative way. Yes, perhaps there is some concern. To prove my point, I listed all 4 candidates and explained why I felt there was missing info on Obama. To me, an American citizen, the other three feel like old friends I've known. With Obama, there is much not known.

It turned out negative thanks to the hyper-sensitive and irrational liberals in this forum. But hey, at least I was not called a KKK member or racist for questioning the almighty messiah!

All you have to do is ask a question about this guy and you people go balistic. Freakin nuts and very frustrating! Only one person responded with a honorable and real response answering the question.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:41 PM

28,400 posts, read 9,174,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Who is saying he was born in Kenya? If so what credible news source is making this statement and please provide the link.
Speculation at this point. An African owned U.S. news agency posted this graphic:
http://www.usafricaonline.com/barackbama08usafrica.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections