Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:28 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times

Advertisements

FOX 'News' Edits Out Palin Hockey Boos

Even though Philadelphia Flyers hockey fans booed Sarah Palin from the very instant she was introduced, FOX 'News' claimed the reaction was "mixed." To make their case, they posted a video on FOXNews.com that:
  1. Completely edited out Palin's introduction, when fans booed her most loudly (the booing let up a bit as her daughters took the ice).
  2. Edited out a 27 second stretch during which which loud boos and some applause could be heard, presumably to allow the video to jump straight to the applause after Palin dropped the puck.
  3. In the video FOX did show, they used very poor audio quality, making it hard to discern the boos.
Here's a side-by-side video of the original broadcast and every moment of the FOX video up until Palin and her daughters start to leave the ice:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 12:36 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
I read on yahoo that the reaction was mixed.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,698 times
Here is a video taken from someone in the crowd:

YouTube - Sarah Palin Gets Booed At Hockey Game (FUNNY)

Old 10-12-2008, 12:43 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post

Even though Philadelphia Flyers hockey fans booed Sarah Palin from the very instant she was introduced, FOX 'News' claimed the reaction was "mixed." To make their case, they posted a video on FOXNews.com that:
  1. Completely edited out Palin's introduction, when fans booed her most loudly (the booing let up a bit as her daughters took the ice).
  2. Edited out a 27 second stretch during which which loud boos and some applause could be heard, presumably to allow the video to jump straight to the applause after Palin dropped the puck.
  3. In the video FOX did show, they used very poor audio quality, making it hard to discern the boos.
Here's a side-by-side video of the original broadcast and every moment of the FOX video up until Palin and her daughters start to leave the ice:

Keep the lies comming, it doesn't help you cause..Just proves demos always lie...

Old 10-12-2008, 12:48 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,050 times
Yay...another thread about boos!

I knew FOX would probably do something like that. I am not surprised at all.....

Old 10-12-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Keep the lies comming, it doesn't help you cause..Just proves demos always lie...

Umm...ok.

The video's are side by side.

You're funny.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Faux News, consider the source

Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM

808 posts, read 1,148,698 times
The boos are actually WAY worse than what they sounded on the video that was posted about it yesterday. Listen to the video from the crowd that I just posted...it's actually so loud it's almost deafening.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:53 PM

“I’ve been warned that Flyers fans, they get so enthused, that they boo everybody at the drop of the puck,” she said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Saturday afternoon. “But what I thought I’d do is I’d put Piper in a Flyers jersey, bring her out with me. How dare they boo Piper!” - Governor Palin

Old 10-12-2008, 01:05 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
“I’ve been warned that Flyers fans, they get so enthused, that they boo everybody at the drop of the puck,” she said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Saturday afternoon. “But what I thought I’d do is I’d put Piper in a Flyers jersey, bring her out with me. How dare they boo Piper!” - Governor Palin
eek: Why would she have subjected her daughter to that in the first place? They were not BOOOING Piper......

I can't believe she said that. I was wondering what kind of spin she was going to have to say about this...unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections