U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Candidate SHOULD McCain have picked?
Mitt Romney 49 37.98%
Rudy Guilliani 2 1.55%
Mike Huckabee 11 8.53%
Ron Paul 39 30.23%
None of the Above - I love Sarah Palin! 28 21.71%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:12 PM

8,181 posts, read 10,884,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Are you saying that McCain is not a conservative? What about his pro-life
Abortion is not the only issue of conservatism. Actually, it is probably the least issue of conservitism. That is a mistake that democrats make quite a bit, actually. Conservatives are not neo cons, nor are they part of the religous right. Traditionally, fiscal conservitism was the hallmark of the republican party. Not anymore, which is why you see so many former republicans going for third party candidates or you have an actual conservative like Ron Paul constantly on the outs within the republican party.
Seriously, W is no conservative. Romney is even less of one. The closest would have been Romney. But, since he is mormon the religious right of the GOP would never have voted for him, so they have mccain. And the libertarians have me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 09:14 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,268,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Abortion is not the only issue of conservatism. Actually, it is probably the least issue of conservitism. That is a mistake that democrats make quite a bit, actually. Conservatives are not neo cons, nor are they part of the religous right. Traditionally, fiscal conservitism was the hallmark of the republican party. Not anymore, which is why you see so many former republicans going for third party candidates or you have an actual conservative like Ron Paul constantly on the outs within the republican party.
Seriously, W is no conservative. Romney is even less of one. The closest would have been Romney. But, since he is mormon the religious right of the GOP would never have voted for him, so they have mccain. And the libertarians have me
If pro-life is not conservative, why do Bush and all the others fall over themselves to call thenselves pro-life?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:17 PM

9,326 posts, read 18,713,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
If McCain had selected Ron Paul this would be such a different election & a lot more engaging. The McCain/Paul combo would have been a difficult challenge for Obama\Biden. But McCain radically differs from Paul on the war & fiscal issues so they would have never been a team. Too bad
I'm glad to see people who like Paul like I do

Old 10-15-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Sarah is the best pick.. The fact the demos fear her so much is proof positive it was a great pic..
suffer, demos..!
its not fear but not understanding why a better candidate have been chosen. Paul, Romney, et. al. would have been better choices. Believe me there is no fear of Palin. The only fear is if McCain wins and dies.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:23 PM

The evangelicals will have a field day with a Mormon though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Not a mccain supporter but....

Ideally Ron Paul should have been the potus nominee.....but other posters are spot on that Paul has made too many enemies within the gop to ever get that.

Realistically Romney should have been potus nominee and I cannot understand why he bowed out so early in the game. I do know the gop didn't want to back him for fear of alienating the 'religous right' that views mormons on the same level as pagan and catholics And thats a damn shame.

Now, romney and jindal ticket for 2012 would be one I would come back to the rep.party for.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 PM

11,106 posts, read 12,580,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Sarah is the best pick.. The fact the demos fear her so much is proof positive it was a great pic..
suffer, demos..!
Fear her?????Hell ,We LOVE her.She perfectly represents the repugs too.Dimwitted beyond measure,spiteful,fond of repetitive lying and VERY whiny sounding.She's the perfect "rock" to sink the repuke ship faster.I'm glad she came along and instead of it being a landslide in the dems favor,it's going to be a slaughter.HOORAY for the "sacker mam".

Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
If Palin is considered a nut then Biden has to be considered a FRUIT !

The guy is a total wacko.
Off topic, we are discussing possible VP choices for the Reps..

Old 10-15-2008, 11:38 PM

7,731 posts, read 11,804,752 times
Romney.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 AM

13 posts, read 15,156 times
To be fair ,since the RNC Convetion Sarah Palin has been trying to impress upon us two crucial points; the ones on her chest.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 AM

1,526 posts, read 2,262,873 times
besides for being a complete jesus freak, i really liked mike huckabee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or