Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Candidate SHOULD McCain have picked?
Mitt Romney 49 37.98%
Rudy Guilliani 2 1.55%
Mike Huckabee 11 8.53%
Ron Paul 39 30.23%
None of the Above - I love Sarah Palin! 28 21.71%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,834,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donn2390 View Post
sarah is the best pick.. The fact the demos fear her so much is proof positive it was a great pic..
Suffer, demos..!

rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
McCain is a dimwit so-called "Maverick" that's the problem. Personally I think McCain has lost the battle and the war (he's ran for president for 20 years goodness) but the GOP should bounce back in 2012 with Romney/Jindal with a successful presidency in 20012-2020. Obama is only going to be a 1-term president as he is inheriting the slumping economy, war in Iraq and immigration woes, not something "hope" can change in 4 years. Hope is great, but it is not a plan or a strategy.
Romney/Jindal...that's interesting...

That may be true about Obama 1-term. But I almost wonder if the aftermath of things will be like after the 1st Great Depression, and the republican party is dead for many years to come.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,599,094 times
I will probably never understand why (other than sheer pandering for the female vote) McCain did NOT pick Romney. The only baggage that Romney would have brought with him (and even then not for the entire base) was that he's Mormon. IMHO that's meaningless but I can see how some of the fundamentalist/evangelical Republican base would have had a cow over that. But to compare that to Palin's Troopergate cloud, her family issues, and most of all her inexperience compared to Romney .... it boggles the mind.

Comparing governor to governor, with all the pro/con cards on the table, it should have been a no-brainer except for the Gender Card. And since the thinking was THAT shallow, why didn't anyone pipe up with the suggestion that Romney might appeal to female voters because of his good looks? LOL Hey, if the male voting public can include Palin's looks on their "why I'm for" list, who says the female public might not have done the same for Romney?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:39 PM

78 posts, read 125,314 times
How about "None of the Above" and Olympia Snowe!

Old 10-12-2008, 02:00 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,633,906 times
Not a mccain supporter but....

Ideally Ron Paul should have been the potus nominee.....but other posters are spot on that Paul has made too many enemies within the gop to ever get that.

Realistically Romney should have been potus nominee and I cannot understand why he bowed out so early in the game. I do know the gop didn't want to back him for fear of alienating the 'religous right' that views mormons on the same level as pagan and catholics And thats a damn shame.

Now, romney and jindal ticket for 2012 would be one I would come back to the rep.party for.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:01 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,584,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
As Palin is revealed more and more as a nut, as a McCain supporter, which candidate SHOULD he have picked? Vote.
Either Romney, who clearly is ready to lead and has the experience,

or Paul, because he seems to have alot of supporters in the south who really dont like Palin; abortion is not the only issue (hint to McSame) he may have had a chance if he gave the American people some credit for intelligence, and people really liked Ron Paul's stance on the economy.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:30 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,256,741 times
He had a longer list than that from which to choose. I would choose none of the above and certainly not Palin who was the worst choice of all. I think if he had chosen Christine Todd Whitman, it would have been a formidable ticket and he would have garnered a bunch of Hillary supporters to boot.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:44 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,737,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
He had a longer list than that from which to choose. I would choose none of the above and certainly not Palin who was the worst choice of all. I think if he had chosen Christine Todd Whitman, it would have been a formidable ticket and he would have garnered a bunch of Hillary supporters to boot.
Well, those were the front runners, I guess I should have included a 6th catagory, 'none of the above, including Sarah Palin'.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 PM

196 posts, read 444,534 times
If it was a McCain/Paul ticket I'm quite certain that I'd probably be supporting McCain at this time, but his choice for VP has caused me to question his judgement, I'm trying very hard to stay neutral unitl the last minute, but the fact that he chose Palin is confounding.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
If McCain had selected Ron Paul this would be such a different election & a lot more engaging. The McCain/Paul combo would have been a difficult challenge for Obama\Biden. But McCain radically differs from Paul on the war & fiscal issues so they would have never been a team. Too bad
Would have been impossible to pairt a clear thinking, intelligent and acutely aware of America's problems in Iraq candidate like Paul with a reckless warmonger like McCain.

Of those listed, none of them would have touched Obama/Biden in the polls, thats why, in desperation, they chose Palin.

They gambled. They lost. Should have picked someone like Olympia Snowe of Vermont, who has real clout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections