U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:25 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,857,550 times

Advertisements

Granted that sister Sarah has not had many non-Fox interviews, we have at least seen her around recently. Here is a report from LA Times --who did a lot of reviews of e-mail logs etc - that says it was Todd that was almost a fixture in the government. Source ( Sarah Palin's husband, Todd, was a fixture at governor's office - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/business/careers/work/la-na-todd12-2008oct12,0,6898674.story?page=2 - broken link) )

Some disturbing excerpts:

Testimony compiled as part of the inquiry, and The Times' own review of e-mail logs from the administration, show that Todd Palin was a fixture in the governor's office, spending about half of his time there. He attended Cabinet meetings that are supposed to be closed to the public, and was copied on a wide variety of high-level government correspondence on issues such as contract negotiations with the police officers union, Alaska Native issues and the privatization of a dairy near the Palins' hometown of Wasilla.

Here is another excerpt from the same source:

But Atty. Gen. Talis J. Colberg, during his interview with Branchflower, was unable to explain the presence of the governor's husband at Cabinet meetings.

"If someone said that they have seen him at more than one or two Cabinet meetings, would that give you pause?" Branchflower asked.

"That would give me pause, but it's possible," Colberg responded.

"Are Cabinet meetings open to the public?"

"Not to my knowledge."

"Is Todd Palin a state employee, to your knowledge?"

"No."

"Do you know why he was allowed to remain there?"

"No."

...so, if something happens to McCain, and Sarah is the President, we may be actually getting Todd. Scary?

Last edited by calmdude; 10-12-2008 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 04:37 PM

4,095 posts, read 7,200,465 times
Seeing as how he joined a group looking for the dissolution of the United States, and when given access by his wife to the workings of Alaska state government decided to use his access to achieve his personal gains, I would say yes.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Seeing as how he joined a group looking for the dissolution of the United States, and when given access by his wife to the workings of Alaska state government decided to use his access to achieve his personal gains, I would say yes.
Scary part is that Palin's husband has the real possibility of becoming our unofficial president. Any interviews of him around - I am guessing Fox must have done a puff piece..

Old 10-12-2008, 04:41 PM

20,423 posts, read 26,550,284 times
This is from July, but still relevant.

adn.com | Alaska Politics Blog : Todd Palin's role

Old 10-12-2008, 04:54 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,756,687 times
We don't need to vet any of the Palins. Just watch an episode of either Jerry Springer or The Beverly Hillbillies and you'll know all you need to know.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:56 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,102,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post

...so, if something happens to McCain, and Sarah is the President, we may be actually getting Todd. Scary?
I'd say we've got little to worry about. The Alaskans may want to start the vetting process on him, but I think the rest of the country will hear nothing more about Todd come Nov 5th.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:06 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,479,833 times
And we don't think Mrs. O influences and is her husbands closest confidant?

How bout Hillary? What election did she win to head that health care debacle of 1993?

Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,305,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

How bout Hillary? What election did she win to head that health care debacle of 1993?
Big difference, those two have a brain.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,102,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Does Mrs. O attend closed cabinet meetings? Did Mrs. O admit to putting pressure on members of the Alaskan government to get her BIL fired? I didn't think so.

And in Hillary's case, the first lady is often given tasks to work on as part of her role- did Sarah give her first lady the task of "harass members of the government to get my BIL fired"??

Old 10-12-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Big difference, those two have a brain.
And, Todd used his brainless influence a lot - read the article. Most of the influence was for unethical purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections