Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Who are you? Some super Mom that decides what is better for everybody's children.

This is why I don't like Sarah Palin. She thinks the same thing. She wants to take Americans rights away, ban books she feels that people shouldn't be reading, etc.

This isn't American, this is Fasicsm.
No, I'm not deciding anything for anyone's children. I'm fighting the people on this thread who think it is THEIR business to tell the palins how to raise their children. It is you DEMS who are being judgmental of SP's decisions regarding her children. Hate to tell you, but it doesn't matter what YOU all think she should do with regard to raising her children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yeah, I DO know what the other parents are doing. You are afraid of Sarah. Your bashing of her is what is unbecoming.
Can you answer a question?

You keep repeating that some posters are afraid of SaraPalin. I have pointed out that I agree. Some people are very afraid of Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency, holding such a high office.
Yes, I bash her for being a semi-literate, power crazed airhead...we've already had one of those, and that's why I'm scared by her..

There...now do you get it?

SOME bash Obama...why?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
I know a lot about obstetrics. I used to work in labor and delivery. Sarah and Trig had a lot of risk factors. She was early. Her water broke. He has Down's. She had four other kids. Each labor is usually faster. Early babies labor faster. The reason you go to the hospital when your water breaks is that there is more chance of infection. It's to get you to stop your regular activities. She took a lot of chances. It worked for her, but that doesn't mean it was a smart thing to do.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:06 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
If the excuse is that Sarah Palin takes the baby everywhere because she breast feeds it is lame. Breast milk can be expressed into a bottle and fed to the baby. Many women with tough schedules do this. Palin is just using her kids as a campaigning ploy. Bet she either has or gets a nanny to look after the baby once the elections are over.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:07 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I know a lot about obstetrics. I used to work in labor and delivery. Sarah and Trig had a lot of risk factors. She was early. Her water broke. He has Down's. She had four other kids. Each labor is usually faster. Early babies labor faster. The reason you go to the hospital when your water breaks is that there is more chance of infection. It's to get you to stop your regular activities. She took a lot of chances. It worked for her, but that doesn't mean it was a smart thing to do.
If it was her baby? Who knows?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:17 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
Sarah Palin: Ambition first,Motherhood second.
Yes, that seems to fit most women in America today. For some reason, they just don't want to stay home. They'd rather have that extra money to buy the big people's toys or they get bored with the babes.

I believe a person like Palin with the help of a supportive husband will do just fine in raising the younger children even if she has to work like the dickens for this country.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I work in the medical field. While I wouldn't have liked the idea of having my water break on an airplane, it isn't until a number of hours after the amniotic sac has broken that there would be a risk of infection. She wanted to get back home to deliver her baby. Delivery was obviously not imminent. I bet your physician friend is not an obstetrician.
Her water broke while she was giving a speech, not on the plane. Her explanation was that she wanted her baby to be born on Alaskan soil.

Many airlines won't even let a woman who is 8 or 9 months pregnant board a plane because of the risks.

Palin was in Texas on April 17 when (according to her own statements) her amniotic sac began leaking in the early morning. She continued to prepare to make her speech and then returned home. About 28 hours later, according to multiple sources, Trig was born at Mat-Su Regional Hospital in Palmer, Alaska.

"...a Sacramento, Calif., obstetrician who is active in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, said when a pregnant woman's water breaks, she should go right to the hospital because of the risk of infection. That's true even if the amniotic fluid simply leaks out, said Dr. Laurie Gregg.

[URL="http://www.adn.com/626/story/382864.html"]Palins' child diagnosed with Down syndrome (04/22/08): Top Stories | adn.com[/URL]

"You can't have a fish picker from Texas" was Todd Palin's response.

Look, none of us know the real story, so I won't dwell on it. This family just seems very odd to me.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It IS MY business!

She chose to run for VP....and I am her judge....as you are and all other Americans are. She may not need our permission but she needs our approval....

Wrong, she does not need your anything concerning taking her children with her. You do not control that. There is the problem, the public thinks they control everything because someone is running for office. You can choose to vote for the ticket or not. If the children bother you, don't vote for that ticket. You weren't voting for them anyway so your opinion on this stupid and irrelevant matter doesn't make one bit of difference.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:30 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
IMO it represents very poor taste and, seems she is using the child as a pawn.

It just seems very sad for the baby, and we have to see Bristol with her little smirk, why dont they all just stay home? Very low class.
She is trying to portray a good, close family knit. What a joke. After her photo ops with that little baby, she and hubby push it off on that little girl that can barely hold him. She is not a good mother. She is never around to be one. Son is in trouble with drugs, so into the military he goes. Well she got rid of him and his problem now. The other teenage girl comes home pregnant! This is not a good mother. Like a dog is a reflection of its owner, children are reflections of their parents. So many parents today just do not care enough or for that matter do not even have a clue as to how how to raise their children.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
Palin has little concern as to the welfare of her child. Her concern is gathering the female vote. She must realize that she as well as the other candidates are always the possible target of some lunatic. Presenting herself as a target is one thing but including her baby is just plain wrong. It clearly demonstrates unclear judgment and that is something we do not need.
Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections