Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
and they have every right to be, they thought the election was in the bag, but now you can sense some news will come out that will ruin him and their bid for a dominant congress, relax its not the end of the world. Hillary 2008 yeah.
How many Obama supporters do you really know? You link no sources and state your opinion which is solely that the opinion of one McCain supporter hoping for something to change the current state of his campaign. Instead of hoping for something bad to happen to Obama that takes him out of the race your efforts might be better spent trying to convince voters of the worthiness of Senator McCain. He does have worth you can sound off about doesn't he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
... yeah. I know. That's what I'm saying.
your message led me to believe that you were referring to Obama.

oh well.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
your message led me to believe that you were referring to Obama.

oh well.
Ah. I guess it was this sentence that threw you: "I'm confident that Obama is running a solid race and is the better man for the job, but I do worry a little that this lowest-common-denominator garbage will eventually wear people down and they may end up voting for McCain."

I should have said "I worry that McCain's LCD garbage will eventually wear people down..."

Old 10-13-2008, 07:34 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Default Great Video. Don't you just love New York?

YouTube - Liberal Outrage: A Pro-McCain March In Manhattan

Old 10-13-2008, 07:37 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
and they have every right to be, they thought the election was in the bag, but now you can sense some news will come out that will ruin him and their bid for a dominant congress, relax its not the end of the world. Hillary 2008 yeah.
Looks like Baghdad Bob is at it again.

Ken

Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 AM

329 posts, read 473,111 times
Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Are you kidding me? Of COURSE I'm nervous. I'm looking back at history and I see war heroes painted as cowards, adoptive fathers painted as illegitimate "race-mixers" (in a state where, unfortunately, the race issue was particularly bothersome to some), etc.

These mischaracterizations were put forth by some of the same people that are running McCain's campaign as we speak.

I'm confident that Obama is running a solid race and is the better man for the job, but I do worry a little that this lowest-common-denominator garbage will eventually wear people down and they may end up voting for McCain.

However, I do have hope that a lot of people are tiring of the garbage, and all of this nonsense won't work this go-round.

For being the only honest one.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:00 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Actually, I'm not nervous about this at this point in time, which is saying a lot, since I tend to worry about these things fruitlessly (as well as other things that are essentially out of my control). I could be wrong, but I'm confident it's going to work out. I was really nervous in '04, and I had good reasons to be!

However, it does worry me that someone will wind up at least attempting to hurt him physically. Aside from winning or not winning the election...I have wondered if that will happen at some point, but I really, really hope there's nothing to worry about there.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,556,038 times
Quote:
For being the only honest one.

So, you also think that McCain is running a "lowest-common denominator" campaign? That seems to be CBC's MAIN fear.

Last edited by Mister Mappy; 10-13-2008 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: Used also twice! OOPS!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:14 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
So, you also think that McCain is running a "lowest-common denominator" campaign, also? That seems to be CBC's MAIN fear.
Indeed. My main fear is that people will give in to their baser urges and support a candidate based on fear and misinformation rather than policy.

I'm just hoping that people are unwilling to give in to the trash this time around.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Quote:
and republicans are starting to get nastier stealing Obama signs from our neighborhood over the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections