U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:17 AM

323 posts, read 308,711 times

Advertisements

and they have every right to be, they thought the election was in the bag, but now you can sense some news will come out that will ruin him and their bid for a dominant congress, relax its not the end of the world. Hillary 2008 yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 07:19 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,062,576 times
Yes, with Obama up in the polls with over 5 points in the battleground states, and even a 1 or 2 point lead in the once red states we are very nervous.

Try and go get something new. Maybe on a ISSUE, besides all these factless, baseless, stupid claims the GOP and their redneck followers can come up with.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 AM

9,125 posts, read 23,777,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
and they have every right to be, they thought the election was in the bag, but now you can sense some news will come out that will ruin him and their bid for a dominant congress, relax its not the end of the world. Hillary 2008 yeah.
You can sense it? Like you can sense that Obama supporters are getting nervous?? Wow- that's cool- can you sense what tonight's lottery numbers might be as well???

It's funny how your screen name is "the point", and yet the majority of your posts have "no point"..........

Old 10-13-2008, 07:38 AM

15,400 posts, read 18,107,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
You can sense it? Like you can sense that Obama supporters are getting nervous?? Wow- that's cool- can you sense what tonight's lottery numbers might be as well???

It's funny how your screen name is "the point", and yet the majority of your posts have "no point"..........
Hey forget the lottery, can he sense when the stock market's going to turn around? Today would be nice...

BTW, does the McCain campaign know about you? 'Cause they sure could use someone with sense. I hear they've let people go, and they need someone with a keen ability to predict the future. They haven't been doing a good job of it so far.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:12 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,842,067 times
LOL.. McCain supporters never cease to amaze me.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 AM

8,264 posts, read 5,048,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post

I think this is what psychologists call "projection."

Old 10-13-2008, 08:21 AM

493 posts, read 427,415 times
You McCain supporters are hilarious. (I've stopped using neocons, repubs and the like because I forget that crazy PUMAS and blue collar racists are among the bunch) Umm yeah you McCain supporters are hilarious, just keep on trying to convince yourself. You guys are breaking off with reality, losing it! I think you will need some prescription drugs after all is said and done.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:21 AM

6,448 posts, read 8,971,399 times
Are you kidding me? Of COURSE I'm nervous. I'm looking back at history and I see war heroes painted as cowards, adoptive fathers painted as illegitimate "race-mixers" (in a state where, unfortunately, the race issue was particularly bothersome to some), etc.

These mischaracterizations were put forth by some of the same people that are running McCain's campaign as we speak.

I'm confident that Obama is running a solid race and is the better man for the job, but I do worry a little that this lowest-common-denominator garbage will eventually wear people down and they may end up voting for McCain.

However, I do have hope that a lot of people are tiring of the garbage, and all of this nonsense won't work this go-round.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:23 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,465,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Are you kidding me? Of COURSE I'm nervous. I'm looking back at history and I see war heroes painted as cowards, adoptive fathers painted as illegitimate "race-mixers" (in a state where, unfortunately, the race issue was particularly bothersome to some), etc.

These mischaracterizations were put forth by some of the same people that are running McCain's campaign as we speak.

I'm confident that Obama is running a solid race and is the better man for the job, but I do worry a little that this lowest-common-denominator garbage will eventually wear people down and they may end up voting for McCain.

However, I do have hope that a lot of people are tiring of the garbage, and all of this nonsense won't work this go-round.

how is he appealing to the lowest common demominator?!

McCain/Palin are trying to paint him as a terrorist! That's as low as it gets!

Old 10-13-2008, 08:26 AM

6,448 posts, read 8,971,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
how is he appealing to the lowest common demominator?!

McCain/Palin are trying to paint him as a terrorist! That's as low as it gets!
... yeah. I know. That's what I'm saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections