U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:05 AM

4,175 posts, read 4,088,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
! ! ! The election has nothing to do with why the market is "up" this morning!
Exactly. Some people just seem to make up theories (like creationsim).

I just went thru front page of Wall Street Journal, and there is not one article attributing the market rise to polls. Like I said, the "theory" happens to be BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 AM
j33

4,625 posts, read 9,779,496 times
Everyone repeat after me: "correlation does not imply causation".

Last edited by j33; 10-13-2008 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: got the wording backwards

Old 10-13-2008, 09:16 AM

6,435 posts, read 8,955,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Everyone repeat after me: "causation does not imply correlation".
I was about to use this exact phrase. Reps.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,716,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I was about to use this exact phrase. Reps.
We knew that. That's what you brainwashed Obama supporters do, repeat the exact same phrases over and over until it's believed.

All together now....The Change we Need.....

Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 AM
j33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
We knew that. That's what you brainwashed Obama supporters do, repeat the exact same phrases over and over until it's believed.

All together now....The Change we Need.....
As opposed to you, who revels in your own ignorance of how basic statistics work?.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 AM

21,001 posts, read 12,284,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
since the only thing that saved the markets is socialization, can you explain how that helps mccain?
good one!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:22 AM

23,901 posts, read 19,942,340 times
Quote:
Anyone else notice how the further ahead in the Polls Obama goes, the further the stock market falls? And today, with McCain narrowing the gap, the market is up 400 pts. at last check?

This is not coincidence...Wall Street is worried about an Obama Presidency....you the American public however, should not be concerned. That is unless of course, you have money in an IRA, 410k, or some other retirement vehicle. Then you might want to be just a little bit concerned.

And oh yeah, while I'm at it, here's a look at some of the finest, most intelligent minds that the Democrats have to offer America:

YouTube - Liberal Outrage: A Pro-McCain March In Manhattan
RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

McCain in national polls is moving up from hitting a new low back to where he was treading but he is still not close to 50% in polling while Obama is. There are those who went from leaning McCain to undecided who are moving back to him now that he has settled down from a campaign burp.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:24 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,716,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
As opposed to you, who revels in your own ignorance of how basic statistics work?.

You guys are a riot. I post this stuff just to get under your crawl, and it works beautifully.

If you want to compare statistics, we'll compare year end tax returns. I don't care if you are all smarter. LOL!!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 AM

23,901 posts, read 19,942,340 times
Quote:
You guys are a riot. I post this stuff just to get under your crawl, and it works beautifully.

If you want to compare statistics, we'll compare year end tax returns. I don't care if you are all smarter. LOL!!
Agggh yes for once honesty on the part of the McCain supporters. Acquisition of personal wealth over the acquisition of intelligence and being well rounded. Thus we have the foundation for the personal greed that is destroying the economic soul of America. Worry not the logic or intellectual basis for what we do but instead if it feels good for me then go for it. So much for long term planning. Immediate greed and consumption on the personal level is the innate instinct that drives the Right.

Young voters is this the party and candidate you want charting your future?

Republican personal greed today without concern for building your tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:32 AM
j33

Quote:

Yes, those who revel in and take pride in their own ignorance do get under my skin, you sorts are an embarrassment social and political discourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections