Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:01 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,155 times

Advertisements

What do you know? Levi Johnston, the studly young buck that knocked up Bristol Palin, says the MySpace page was a joke. A joke, huh? Yep! We now learn that this long gone Web site page can be entirely attributed to his friends and not himself. Of course I assume Levi had no say in taking the page down months before his future mother-in-law gained national attention.

Speaking of jokes, ain't everything about Sarah Palin a joke. Like, bimbo and intellectually-challenged ex-Wasilla mayor, and a neophyte governor, is running for the second highest office in our country. Now there's one big joke if I ever saw one.

Levi says the pending marriage will not be of the shotgun variety. No, sir! The baby is due December 18th, but Bristol and Levi aren't getting married until next summer. Now that's a joke, too. That baby needs a daddy real soon!

Levi refers to what's cooking in the oven as THE KID, and incidentally the new kid on the Wasilla block will be a boy.

Apparently Levi and Bristol had no sex education, and I would guess they're still not reading parenting books. How sad! As far as I know, Bristol is occasionally on the campaign trail with her mother and probably not hitting the parenting books like she should be full-time. This soon-to-be mother needs a parenting education real soon, and she's not getting it.

Realistically, I don't think hearing lots of lies about Obama, on the campaign trail, are going to be of much value raising a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 10:05 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,073 times
A joke? I dunno. I doubt it. It seemed like the typical myspace of a typical teenage male. Hell, chances are good if my husband had a myspace when he was 16 or 17, it woulda said he didn't want kids, either. I'm not defending the kid, but I don't think his myspace was a 'joke by friends'.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:08 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
is there a point to this thread? nope.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:11 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times
I have kids that age and they do indeed make up a page for someone else or go onto a friend's page and put all kinds of stuff on there just to be funny. They also put totally off the wall/untrue things on their own myspace page. When my son was 16 or so I found on his myspace page that he and his dad got in a fight and he got kicked out of the house. That was news to me, as he and his dad were getting along fine, he had spent every night at our house, and he had left for school in a good mood that morning. Kids just dramatize things sometimes or say things to impress their friends. Some other parents we know, their daughter put on her page that she got in a knife fight with a group of girls. What the heck?! We all knew that was not true. She also said her mother got a job at Hooters. None of this was true!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:14 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times
Funny how you liberals mocked them at the beginning...made up all these lies about them.

Now he comes out with an interview and you still mock and lie.

Somethings seem to never change.

Let me it put to you this way.
You guys didn't know about him in the beginning, and you still don't know him. Now if he was like Obama/McCain where we have hundred of reporters following and researching him then it would be different.

Also, how funny it is that this is on the front page of Yahoo, and I see this is the first thread on it.

Where did all the liberals go?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:20 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Funny how you liberals mocked them at the beginning...made up all these lies about them.

Now he comes out with an interview and you still mock and lie.

Somethings seem to never change.

Let me it put to you this way.
You guys didn't know about him in the beginning, and you still don't know him. Now if he was like Obama/McCain where we have hundred of reporters following and researching him then it would be different.

Also, how funny it is that this is on the front page of Yahoo, and I see this is the first thread on it.

Where did all the liberals go?
Huh?

What lies? The kid had a stupid Myspace page like a million other kids do. He wrote ridiculous nonsense on it because, up until a couple of months ago, no one cared if he did or didn't. Now it's all of a sudden a "big deal" and he's disavowing?

Who cares? Who cares about the myspace page? Who cares if he meant it or not? Who cares about this kid?

The only interesting element of the Bristol Palin pregnancy debacle is that her mother is such a staunch supporter of abstinence-only education, and it's clear that maybe a more complete and inclusive sex-ed approach may be a tad more effective...

Old 10-13-2008, 10:21 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
A joke? I dunno. I doubt it. It seemed like the typical myspace of a typical teenage male. Hell, chances are good if my husband had a myspace when he was 16 or 17, it woulda said he didn't want kids, either. I'm not defending the kid, but I don't think his myspace was a 'joke by friends'.
agreed.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Oldest trick in the book.

THOSE AREN'T MY CIGARETTES MOM! SOMEONE ELSE DID IT!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:23 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Huh?

What lies? The kid had a stupid Myspace page like a million other kids do. He wrote ridiculous nonsense on it because, up until a couple of months ago, no one cared if he did or didn't. Now it's all of a sudden a "big deal" and he's disavowing?

Who cares? Who cares about the myspace page? Who cares if he meant it or not? Who cares about this kid?

The only interesting element of the Bristol Palin pregnancy debacle is that her mother is such a staunch supporter of abstinence-only education, and it's clear that maybe a more complete and inclusive sex-ed approach may be a tad more effective...
You libs were all over this board when the news first broke that Bristol was pregnant, talking about Levi's page, how the Palins were forcing him to marry Bristol, how he was forced to attend the RNC, how he didn't want to get married, how he should just RUN. Now you are denying it?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Why is palin a bimbo? Oh, is it that whole 'she has a vagina' thing again? No wonder hillary didn't win with the dems....she didn't stand a chance in a party where women are either wives and untouchable or they are candidates where they are ranked by their 'doable' factor, speculation about their bodies, assumptions that they must be whores/sluts/bimbos because they have vaginas, and that they must be stupid.

I have problems with palin.....but again, you guys are shooting any and every woman politician that comes after palin (dem, rep and ind) with your slurs and insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections